What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 hours ago, SiC said:

Where did you expect them to be made? Certainly won't be anywhere in the western world.

nope - stock here - of the 6 adverts for them 5 were ebay even tho they said uk or mentioned uk their business addy at the bottom was chinese -  the other was european

i know theyre made in china

went to ickle coop in the car (bag of food wouldnt fit in the bike

they werent opening till 1230 (wtf) it was 1140

out from there to small shop 3/4 mile from home

shop till ya drop (ish)

came out and *click*

TWAAAAAAAAAT

right - bastard walk home (coupla things were fridge items didnt wanna leave them in the car

i have no car batteries anymore dont do any of that shit anymore

do i - pull the battery outta the car lump it home charge it go back

or take the bike down to the car try and cobble jump leads onto the bike then try and start car

try and push the car to start on me own

luckily have a big set and small set of leads and there was space behind the terms on the bike to get them on

bike started (not moved for a week) first gear down to the car just in case car open leads on leads into car

bruuuummmmmm - barely touched it :D

the grin is it took barely a sniff to get it going from a bike :D

left bike a shop drove home get old git then lift back to bike and ride home

fuxake - sandwich and biscuits and tea needed - car on charge now prolly wont get used for another week now :D

5 hours ago, hairnet said:

went to ickle coop in the car (bag of food wouldnt fit in the bike

they werent opening till 1230 (wtf) it was 1140

out from there to small shop 3/4 mile from home

shop till ya drop (ish)

came out and *click*

TWAAAAAAAAAT

right - bastard walk home (coupla things were fridge items didnt wanna leave them in the car

i have no car batteries anymore dont do any of that shit anymore

do i - pull the battery outta the car lump it home charge it go back

or take the bike down to the car try and cobble jump leads onto the bike then try and start car

try and push the car to start on me own

luckily have a big set and small set of leads and there was space behind the terms on the bike to get them on

bike started (not moved for a week) first gear down to the car just in case car open leads on leads into car

bruuuummmmmm - barely touched it :D

the grin is it took barely a sniff to get it going from a bike :D

left bike a shop drove home get old git then lift back to bike and ride home

fuxake - sandwich and biscuits and tea needed - car on charge now prolly wont get used for another week now :D

Are you sure it wasn't a loose battery connection that you improved when you connected the leads?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:24 AM, PhilA said:

Dusted the grill off. There's just enough gas in it.

20200427_180302.thumb.jpg.a213685de91ca3c0f87407e23c2efc39.jpg

Being as tomorrow and Wednesday we are on severe weather warning, with the fine weather this evening I decided to torture my neighbors and give them payback for this weekend where they grilled and made me want barbeque.

Phil

Just reminded me. There's no Heinz Beans in the shop. That should be a grump, but no!

Sainsbury's beans. 35p against Heinz 95p.

Not quite the same, but good enough to get used too.

2 hours ago, Mally said:

Just reminded me. There's no Heinz Beans in the shop. That should be a grump, but no!

Sainsbury's beans. 35p against Heinz 95p.

Not quite the same, but good enough to get used too.

Lidl beans are the best, the sauce is that thick they take ages to run out of the can , I find Heinz runny

looking at stuff (not bored honest)

due to draconian policing methods (hi @STUNO )

i was looking at this and this happened :D yes thats auckland to christchurch to SYDNEY!!!!! to invercargill - WTF nz is only the length of the uk ffs :D

one of the other scary ones was auckland to christchurch (so on the right island) but then back to wellington then down to invercargill

no point riding it as dont have the time (see 2nd sentence) and the ferry costs as much as the plane

IMG_20200430_154744.jpg

watching film 4 and in the ads theres a a direct line ad and they quote lines from films

favourite ones are

'your bikes been stolen - where did you last see it??

'silouetted against the moon.................' its a speilberg film they use that in their id

the other one is simply

'yipppeeeeekiayy to you too sir..............'

:D

silly wins :D

48 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

I was curious to see if my Dyane had ever been "spotted"  locally , a quick Google Found a picture of my Dyane being part of a special day with its previous owner, i already knew it had been used for this and I offered him first refusal should i ever sell it when I bought it.

Screenshot_20200430-203712.thumb.jpg.091307cb9747d28e25fff6ab484aeefa.jpg

I’ve done four weddings now in the 2cv. All for fun*

6 hours ago, hairnet said:

looking at stuff (not bored honest)

due to draconian policing methods (hi @STUNO )

i was looking at this and this happened :D yes thats auckland to christchurch to SYDNEY!!!!! to invercargill - WTF nz is only the length of the uk ffs :D

one of the other scary ones was auckland to christchurch (so on the right island) but then back to wellington then down to invercargill

no point riding it as dont have the time (see 2nd sentence) and the ferry costs as much as the plane

IMG_20200430_154744.jpg

Told ya so..........Airlines here are all bankrupt now, so someone has to help them out.

9 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

seeing Kim Wilde in a advert for some Cadbury's thing.

its a follow up one to the recent Jason Donovan advert

was a HUGE fan of Kim back in my yoof , and she is still an attractive woman all these years later!

She's very much the matriarch nowadays 

yesterday it was my nieces birthday.

so, our Catherine and both the girls baked a cake for teatime, cos there is a lot of time, not much to do and the kids like baking things.

its something that i remember doing as a nipper.

close to teatime, my sister goes and gets the tub of shop bought icing out out of the fridge.

hmmmm, that seems lighter than what i was expecting, she says.

the tub is empty, the girls have been sneaking into the icing and there is now none left!

queue panicked phone calls to my mothers to find out how to make icing at home..... kids, doncha just "love" them!!

41 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Just browsing houses for sale. Yes this is a living room, I'm sure there was a good reason at the time, but might have been a good idea to remove it before putting the house on the market.

83350295_2506042062840539_944231156818116608_n.jpg

The dead guy house, the best property bargain.

Solidly maintained by a generation that knows how to make things last, but likely last decorated just prior to retirement 20 or 30 years ago.

50 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Just browsing houses for sale. Yes this is a living room, I'm sure there was a good reason at the time, but might have been a good idea to remove it before putting the house on the market.

83350295_2506042062840539_944231156818116608_n.jpg

Where's the website link for this property?