What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

This weeks Classic Car Weekly has two examples of a particular classic marque for sale, one even makes it into their Pick of the Classifieds feature.

What amuses me is that I ( and you) know* them both, yep forward @DodgyBastard and @Cavcraft purveyors of classics more rare than Cobras, Aurelias or DB4GTs ( more of each in Octane than these gems) And none of the DB4 GTs say they’ll swap for a moped either.

23 minutes ago, Coprolalia said:

I was trying to work it out too. Knew this place would come through, it's registered as an AC Sports.

Rare too.

Makes me really wonder what's under the two tarps if one of 58 handbuild AC soft tops isn't...

Probably his marina and allegro.

2 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

This weeks Classic Car Weekly has two examples of a particular classic marque for sale, one even makes it into their Pick of the Classifieds feature.

What amuses me is that I ( and you) know* them both, yep forward @DodgyBastard and @Cavcraft purveyors of classics more rare than Cobras, Aurelias or DB4GTs ( more of each in Octane than these gems) And none of the DB4 GTs say they’ll swap for a moped either.

I think I might have two in it, the white Riva and the yellow Cavalier. It's incredibly frustrating because they listed the location as Crossgates with no further location info and I've had about 10 people from Yorkshire calling about it thinking it's Crossgates Leeds.

Most of the people who called can't use the internet so trying to forward on detailed photos is difficult.

I'd sold the Lada before the advert had even appeared in the paper so whenever someone calls about it I just pass on Cavcrafts number for them to call and annoy him about it.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:12 PM, cobblers said:

Pretty poor timing for the wife to leave her cushty job in schools and come and work with me, but 10 days in it's going really well. She's great on the phone and an absolute dab hand with the desoldering gun. But for some reason she seems to absolutely love sandblasting stuff.

image.thumb.png.a715b1d378b26a26d7df73df92ca31fd.png

I only gave her a quick go on it because it gives you massive static shocks every few seconds and I thought it would be funny, but now I can't get her away from it, I've got piles of stuff that needs doing but I have to keep dragging her off it when the air compressor is about to go on fire.

Or good time maybe? With all these lorries running around ferrying goods, the probability of them breaking is going to go up? Plus if the economy does falter, operators are going to need to keep their fleet trimmed and working as much as possible. Throwing a truck to the back of the yard for a few weeks or sending it off for auction and buying another because the dash has died will become less of an option. 

Not sure if a grin but funny enough I guess.

Boots is now the only shop open at Waterloo. People keep trying to rob from there and keep getting caught, as there is barely a dozen people who are not staff there at any one time, and there is police here all the time. 

Also I'm really glad I'm in a key worker job and get to go outside without breaking any rules.