What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 4/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

This looks like a nice little job for somebody that can work a spanner.

DA2170F4-D397-467E-A9D6-1F63A5C56B23.thumb.jpeg.e53cc0ed0927a2d03cea8b65d12cabbc.jpeg

What a pity that isn't in Lincolnshire, I've never met anyone more suited to that job than ruffgeezer, sounds like a job for life as well 

19 hours ago, New POD said:

Very few dogs are strapped in properly I reckon, and most would end up flying through the front screen in an accident, so i wonder if the risk is higher? 

I've told this one before, but a chap I know, big built guy, looks like a tamed Robbie Coltrane had an accident in a Reliant Robin (mid 70's in that murky brown colour). 

Head on impact on an a road,  he went through the windscreen and took a chunk of roof with him. 

His labrador apparently also went through, sailed over the hedge and knocked a woman off her horse. 

Apart from bruising, the only real injury was to the horse rider. 

The police officer attending told the driver he probably wouldn't have survived in "a proper car". 

But traffic cops always are experts in structural rigidity and medical impact resistance aren't they?

I just like the mental image of a labrador sailing through the air towards the unfortunate and oblivious rider. ?

Got this site working prperly at last, deleted the 'Facebook app' I installed to stop Facebook from spying on everything. Worked a treat but this site (and only tis site) scrolled like t had worms of sticky clockwork, horribel. So got rid and I have deleted Facebook, load of shit on there anyway.

Another grin: walking with the dog at night is surreal. No cars, no noise, no people. Usually, even at 3-4 am there's someone around yet just taken the dog out at 9:30 ish and it's dead. I like it like this, just want to be able to go out again but keep the 'no people' bit.

19 minutes ago, xtriple said:

....walking with the dog at night is surreal. No cars, no noise, no people. ....

Last night at the stables, a clear moonlit sky, and the stars were the clearest I've ever seen them. No cloud, no planes, no background noise other than the sound of horses munching hay, no nothing. Feckin' mobile phone camera not good enough to get a decent stars-in-the-sky photo.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:09 PM, MikeR said:

talking of cock ups leading to a great loss of hardware ... choose your attack with care

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a32021287/venezuela-cruiser-cruise-ship-collide/

I saw that on another forum. It made I larf.

Venezuelan tin pot gunboat attacks unarmed passenger ship.

Unarmed passenger ship does nothing.

Venezuelan gunboat sinks.

I've been in the garden all day so an evening on my own with the repair shop,  & car sos recorded from more4 

The Lamborghini Espada episode was the best one I've seen in a while , the guy who's car it was genuinely didn't have a clue when they gave it back , loads of health problems but if he'd died the next day he would've died a happy man .

34 minutes ago, Wack said:

I've been in the garden all day so an evening on my own with the repair shop,  & car sos recorded from more4 

The Lamborghini Espada episode was the best one I've seen in a while , the guy who's car it was genuinely didn't have a clue when they gave it back , loads of health problems but if he'd died the next day he would've died a happy man .

For me it's a great car programme, Tim's a bit of a pillock but Fuzz is ace and could carry a show on his own 

1 minute ago, omegod said:

For me it's a great car programme, Tim's a bit of a pillock but Fuzz is ace and could carry a show on his own 

Agreed , some of the episodes are more about the right car than the right owner though, like the DB6 , it looked to me like he could've afforded the cost of repairs , I did read somewhere he sold it soon after for £££ too so not the car of his dreams then 

42 minutes ago, Wack said:

The Lamborghini Espada episode was the best one I've seen in a while , the guy who's car it was genuinely didn't have a clue when they gave it back , loads of health problems but if he'd died the next day he would've died a much wealthier happy man.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Wack said:

Agreed , some of the episodes are more about the right car than the right owner though, like the DB6 , it looked to me like he could've afforded the cost of repairs , I did read somewhere he sold it soon after for £££ too so not the car of his dreams then 

A few episodes have had me in tears when you see the shock and gratitude of the recipient, like yourself I've questioned the cause in one or two cases but the quality of the work carried out is excellent, unlike Wheeler dealers 

Just now, omegod said:

A few episodes have had me in tears when you see the shock and gratitude of the recipient, as you say a few I've questioned the cause in one or two cases but the quality of the work carried out is excellent, unlike Wheeler dealers 

It was dusty in here when they gave him the espada back , the guy had rebuilt the engine himself to a high standard they said so it was a genuine one , he'd had it since 1977 , paid 4k for it 

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Fuzz had an open evening a couple if years back at his unit in Oldbury, that a mate dragged me to.  I had a little chat with him, and he seemed very normal.  Not up himself at all. In fact very much like a chilled out version of his TV persona 

18 hours ago, omegod said:

Replace "bit of a pillock" with "utter flange" and I would agree 100%.

I find it's best to record the show and fast forward all the bits where Tim is on screen. 

If I see one more hilarious* attempt to blag* parts or services then I might throw something at the TV. 

There is that other thing,  I can't remember what it's called with some twat called Henry from Fix it, Flog it who bodges up old crap with rattle cans while his quiet mate does all the actual work and they sell the result for Fuck all. Can't stand that either. 

I think Wheeler dealers is a bit better these days even though I don't like Ant Amstrad. 

The best car show on at the moment for me is Bangers and Cash following Matthewsons classic auctions.  Main man Derek seems to really have a passion for old cars and would be a top bloke to chat with in the pub. 

Remember pubs? 

2 hours ago, Timewaster said:

The best car show on at the moment for me is Bangers and Cash following Matthewsons classic auctions.  Main man Derek seems to really have a passion for old cars and would be a top bloke to chat with in the pub. 

I'm with you on that and had been planning a visit later this year taking in the NYMR steam choo-choos at same time. Seems unlikely to happen now. IIRC he has his own boozer.