What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1225187119__12.jpeg.4736af44fbec01aeb04779daf4889a6b.jpeg

I just bought this. Been after one for nearly a decade. 1950's "touch control" Royal electric typewriter. It's jammed up solid but the motor still runs (no keys work because the auto-repeat space button is stuck down- to the right of the space bar).

Bought it to do envelopes because computer printer are horrible at it. I miss having a decent typewriter.

Phil

On 4/1/2020 at 5:19 PM, PhilA said:

Front loader machines are just becoming popular here. I've got a top loader with a fully mechanical selection dial. 

It'll try to migrate to the other side of the room if there's something in it that's unbalanced (which is the correct way).

Phil

Reminds me of this. ?

7 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That looks like a proper museum piece. I think I still have a 1980s IBM "golfball" electric typewriter in the shed. Those things weighed a ton.

Yes, it is a bit. But they're well made, back from when Royal was absolutely dominating the market. They also came in fun pastel colors. Very very fifties.

Phil

8 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That looks like a proper museum piece. I think I still have a 1980s IBM "golfball" electric typewriter in the shed. Those things weighed a ton.

I still remember one of our typists having problems with her golfball typewriter, after muttering at it for a while, she picked it up and dropped it on the floor, saying "Oh dear, I think it's broken"

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Poor thing would be killed in an instant in any kind of rear ender

Very few dogs are strapped in properly I reckon, and most would end up flying through the front screen in an accident, so i wonder if the risk is higher? 

36 minutes ago, New POD said:

Very few dogs are strapped in properly I reckon, and most would end up flying through the front screen in an accident, so i wonder if the risk is higher? 

look on the bright side , when it drops it guts you wont have to drop the windows !!!

I've gone through loads of youtube stuff lately - Car youtube, Machinist youtube, BBQ youtube, people building wind and water turbines, people wild camping all over the peak and lake districts. There's a load of tradesmen who do videos on their electricianng/building/plumbing stuff which is very interesting to me.

Today I'm watching an australian bloke rod shit and fat out of some blocked drains. Amazing!

On 4/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Andyrew said:

I was doing the prescription deliveries.

Astra touched areas thoroughly anti bac cleaned, me masked up and gloved aswell, knocking and leaving the prescription on the step or on a nearby ledge then walking a few metres back. Obviously leaving something low down on a doorstep isn't ideal for most people of age.

Two lady's appeared at one address  and I was called a "lovely young man"

Couldn't help but think of this

Screenshot_20200402-150435.thumb.jpg.4dcc5218fb32e27160f9b174bfc60450.jpg

Weren’t put off by the skinhead on the property then? 

35 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I've gone through loads of youtube stuff lately - Car youtube, Machinist youtube, BBQ youtube, people building wind and water turbines, people wild camping all over the peak and lake districts. There's a load of tradesmen who do videos on their electricianng/building/plumbing stuff which is very interesting to me.

Today I'm watching an australian bloke rod shit and fat out of some blocked drains. Amazing!

Wait until you move onto culvert clearing, it's mesmorising! 

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

bob ross jovies home old top gear

hubnut is on holiday again :P

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Weren’t put off by the skinhead on the property then? 

Ha! I don't think it has. 

I Have Had alot of genuine "thank yous" which certainly lifts the mood, its been quite hard to be positive at the moment,worrying time for alot of people, Myself included so I'll take Any little boost I can get and give what I can to help.