What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Congrats, Brammy. I'm so glad I passed before they introduced the hazard perception part - I had a go on someone's practice CD-ROM and couldn't pass it. It was like a random clicking game.

Thanks for all the replies folks, its appreciated!

Yeh, tell me about it, I didnt know if I was clicking too early or not, and you have to click for when the hazard is first visible, and again if it causes you to slow down/stop. Everyone seems to pull out of the roads in front of you on it too.... Made harder still by the fact that all the clips are at least a decade old as everyone is smoking around in Sierras and Cavaliers, so I was shite spotting too.

Thanks for all the replies folks, its appreciated!

Yeh, tell me about it, I didnt know if I was clicking too early or not, and you have to click for when the hazard is first visible, and again if it causes you to slow down/stop. Everyone seems to pull out of the roads in front of you on it too.... Made harder still by the fact that all the clips are at least a decade old as everyone is smoking around in Sierras and Cavaliers, so I was shite spotting too.

Quality!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats brammy!

Meanwhile, Granada passed its test today, so that's good for two years; and the assessor is coming tomorrow to check it out for Classic status, which will mean cheaper road tax. Got some photos of it with mate's Mk3 Tina, and had it up to 70-ish on the coast road going for the test. Firm and smooth, just as it should be. Watched 4 episodes of The Sweeney last night too, so I'm well-soaked in Granada!

haven't forgotten about the 3DO NC, got the in laws staying so not had time to find it in the loft yet but here are some pics of some other things I have duplicates of...

Atari Woody....in very good condition, still has a lot of the orange paint on the edges that is normally worn off. Pics of it working as you can see.

Has 2 controllers and 2 paddle controllers, the original power supply, Pac-Man, Space Invaders and a boxed Combat game.

Box as well but pretty tatty at one end.

DSCF4086.jpg

DSCF4087.jpg

DSCF4085.jpg

DSCF4088.jpg

Mario Bros dual screen Game & Watch in mint condition - choice of 2..

DSCF4091.jpg

DSCF4090.jpg

Hitachi TRK8190 Ghetto Blaster if thats your bag too....needs a bit of attention, these fetch loads on ebay. The last one went for £103 with a knackered tape deck. I think the radio was hard to tune in and the tuning knob was loose on it's spline.

DSCF8091.jpg

I'm not arsed about the box at all

I might have one for free if you want it? I think it is sitting in the cupboard and with the plans to move etc I think my missus would be pleased to see the back of it. Also earns Karma points :)

Just checked and I do have one with Dr Mario /Tetris plus Mortal Kombat. Yours if you want it.

How much for a NES with Duckhunt + gun?

On a different note, this amused me

Cheers.

Again not a great deal. The common consoles can still be picked up for very little and Duck Hunt was one of the most common games so widely available. Retro games are cheap if you're after the common stuff and aren't too worried about condition. Just bare in mind that the light gun won't work with a flat screen TV

How much for a NES with Duckhunt + gun?

On a different note, this amused me

Cheers.

Again not a great deal. The common consoles can still be picked up for very little and Duck Hunt was one of the most common games so widely available. Retro games are cheap if you're after the common stuff and aren't too worried about condition. Just bare in mind that the light gun won't work with a flat screen TV

Cheers, I'll have to keep an eye out as I owe somebody one.

C5 sold today to first viewing :D

Placed ad on Autotrader about 11am this morning, had a phone call from some foreign woman at 2pm. Said they be there within the hour.

3 Romanians turned poked & prodded, took them for a spin. Took money out of pocket paid and went with no haggling

Why can't all car sales be as easy!

SAAB 9-5 shite arrving 1 Dec

After lots of graft and stress, my first proper uni project is coming on quite nicely. Had loads of grief with our group initially, made one decent team out of three bad crews, lots of delays and misunderstandings but we're nearly there now.

Off for a mini break now to tax the car, but not at the last place thank God. A 4 AM finish this morning and an 8.30 AM rise do not bode well for my already lacking interpersonal skills.

Got the latest issue of C&SC through on subscription and some dodgy Eurocrime compilation through the post to begin watching tonight. It includes Tony Arzenta \ Big Guns \ No Way Out on DVD, along with a Maurizio Merli film I haven't seen and two others, all for £3.50 posted. I wanted a version of TA really badly. Original copies on tape go for small fortunes on eBay, and the uncut Pathe DVDs are long out of print and expensive when they do appear. The file I managed to torrent got badly corrupted for some reason, so I'm really happy my bargain popped up on the 'Bay. I even found a music blog site with the original Gianni Ferio score to download whilst I was pacing about and swearing at the assigment last night. This includes the Big Guns theme tune 'L'appuntamento (Sentad A Beira Do Caminho)'. Ferio's a capable bloke, but no Stelvio Cipriani.

I might order my birthday present tonight - a working Zenith H511 Racetrack. It's coming from Canada and is as awesome as it is fucking expensive.

Got the latest issue of C&SC through on subscription

That's made me grin too. There's a feature on a 275GTS/4 NART. I built a model of that car when I was doing some 1/43s for Grand Prix Models. That actual car. I was told it was for the owner of the real one. Only one was painted silver so I found out the chassis number and painted it on the bottom. I hope he appreciated the detail. :D

Ferrari275NART08.jpg

My mum just turned up

"Theres some stuff in the back of the car that the bloke at work sent for you" (She works at a charity and they get stuff donated)

2 pairs of speakers - One set of Bang and Olufsen Beofox C40s, and some B&W DM560s. The B&ws need a tweeter replacing, though. But for free, I can't complain!