What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

My local Indian takeaway posted this:

1C39F4A2-8C86-45A5-9002-D0BE6CFDAFDB.jpeg

Sorry lads I’d be more impressed if you rocked up to my gaff in a 1987 Metro running on three cylinders with a blowing exhaust. 

That could turn out to be counterproductive, in the sense that the business is rubbing its customers' noses in it simply because they have the privilege of going about when others cannot.

Thought: if the McLaren has been hired, does the use of it for takeaway delivery not breach the terms of the hire agreement?

4 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

@vulgalour are you taking commissions at the moment?

Not right now, I'm booked up.  Happy to discuss potential and pop you on the waiting list though, should be open again mid-April.  I'm not doing automotive art by commission at present, but most other things are fair game.

17 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

Not right now, I'm booked up.  Happy to discuss potential and pop you on the waiting list though, should be open again mid-April.  I'm not doing automotive art by commission at present, but most other things are fair game.

Ah OK. I was hoping you’d be able to do a Talbot Samba for me. If you do start doing the automotive stuff definitely interested.

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That could turn out to be counterproductive, in the sense that the business is rubbing its customers' noses in it simply because they have the privilege of going about when others cannot.

Thought: if the McLaren has been hired, does the use of it for takeaway delivery not breach the terms of the hire agreement?

they asked one of the Drs if he could do a home vist on his way in for a mobile shift- he did in his Aston!

6 mile walk to South Shields and back through the pedestrian Tyne Tunnel. None of us had been through it before. Not a soul anywhere in it and it was quite eeire.
Apart from the odd bell end cyclist everyone we did see (single figures) was respectful and kept their distance. The esculator wasn't running although the lift was. The esculator stairs on the South side were the steepest I've ever climbed and I qas fucked for the whole 3 miles home.fcced6e3e7f1f3b8895e8800c8159b07.jpg8c494ad2e068b99c0fdb60e51af3eadf.jpga4e514aa9f5b9dd658dbfb11d67f62b6.jpga0dd123ebd84b1bd9986a18d784d82f6.jpg9bdac6e1cfd4a0c0d35ff84d90c80e8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

It's very well kept, although it has been recently refurbished. Worth a visit.

I believe it had been closed for a long time due to the refurbishments and reopened a year or so back.

We used to go the the Shields market and although we knew of the ferry had no idea that there was a tunnel.

Did some tinkering with my classic Fiat 500 today. Replaced some fuel hose in the boot (engine compartment), it has an extra fuel filter, a crap plastic in-line thing. It also has one next to the fuel tank under the bonnet. I removed the one in the boot and replaced it with a length of standard fuel hose - fuck me, what a difference! No more slow starting after it has been stood for a while. Really happy with the result. The fuel filter looked clean but was clearly inhibiting flow somehow, especially when hot. It's such a nice thing to drive. :)

Edit - here's a film I made with it last year. 1972 was a good year. 

25 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

I removed the one in the boot and replaced it with a length of standard fuel hose - fuck me, what a difference!

Are you using ethanol compatible fuel hose? If not, especially the older stuff you removed, it'll get eaten away and collapse internally. Also risks splitting and the car ending up having a fuel fire. 

9 hours ago, SiC said:

Are you using ethanol compatible fuel hose? If not, especially the older stuff you removed, it'll get eaten away and collapse internally. Also risks splitting and the car ending up having a fuel fire. 

The hose I removed from was an earlier restoration in Italy, I used new fuel hose I bought about 5 years ago in the UK, I’ve no idea if it’s ethanol compatible. 

There’s a fire extinguisher in the car. 

22 hours ago, paulplom said:

6 mile walk to South Shields and back through the pedestrian Tyne Tunnel. None of us had been through it before. Not a soul anywhere in it and it was quite eeire.
Apart from the odd bell end cyclist everyone we did see (single figures) was respectful and kept their distance. The esculator wasn't running although the lift was. The esculator stairs on the South side were the steepest I've ever climbed and I qas fucked for the whole 3 miles home.fcced6e3e7f1f3b8895e8800c8159b07.jpga0dd123ebd84b1bd9986a18d784d82f6.jpg

I'm surprised they're allowed to have it open to the public like that after Kingscross; wooden escalators are a fire hazard.

12 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

Not sure what to do with the old one but 1600 RPM with and old car battery in it could be worth a youtube video.....

especially if you wire the motor directly to the mains bypassing any safety cutouts! :) 

some of my favorites are from Aussie50 :) (it was Photonicinduction who started the whole "thing" then aussie50 became the best at doing em LOL)