What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 3/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, cobblers said:

image.thumb.png.6ef510591d67ca4a2532f1ee59437d5a.png

Luckily I managed to capture the cherynobyl esque moment when I removed a valve after forgetting to drain the 1500PSI hydraulic accumulator. It's particularly impressive that 300ml of stinky CHF oil can cover absolutely every surface in a 4m square room.

Be careful with that stuff, it can mess you up in a big way.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48599963

Managed to acquire a full brand new set of inlet and outlet valves for the Princess head without actually looking for any.  Just casually boredom browsing and there they were.  Saves me stripping down both heads I've got, now I can just install the new valves into the refurbished head I bent all the valves in... providing the guides are okay and all that.  Minor stuff to acquire now to get the head sorted and I'm in no rush really.  A box of new shims is probably a good idea, a new cambelt is definitely a good idea, and I've already got a new gasket set.  Wish I could find an original camshaft locking tool to use for setting the valve clearances, then I'd be all set to do it at home.  Suppose I could make the tool, there are basic instructions in the workshop manual for how to do it.

Loving this new digital world ...  I lecture on university courses to undergraduate apprentices at a college 

College - use Google Meets and Google Classroom. 

University - Use Blackboard and MS Teams 

Students - Use Email and phone calls (Work laptops are locked down so cant use non standard business tools) 

Phd group - Use Slack and Messenger 

Friends - Use whatsapp and Zoom 

Just waiting for someone to suggest pigeon and telegraph

After 4 years of arguing with the local council about my rates and the amount I pay and being given a £16000 bill last year which I obviously disagreed with( !) I received a letter this morning saying.... Yep, I am right and they are wrong!!!!! :)   :)    :)    

So I owe them £775 not £16000 a tiny bit better I feel.

Got the passat through another mot for only 33 quid and a bit of swearing.  All four top suspension arms and a roll bar link changed out.  Chinese shite parts but they didnt seem too bad  and its only an old diesel for the commute so should be ok.  The infamous pinch bolts werent too bad, one side was done recently so moved ok and the other needed a little blow torch therapy but didnt put up too much of a fight.

Happy with that so will use the lockdown to go a bit two bucket wrong un on the fleet.