What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I have all of those - been collecting them since the late 90's.

I do have a spare 3DO console to hand if you are interested...possibly a 5600 too but i'm not sure where that is since we moved. I probably have duplicates of the mega cd and the jaguar too but nearly all my stuff is at my mums in the south.

Oh, and don't forget the CD add on for the Jaguar console!

Had a proper "dad" day out with Ickle_Seth today as she had a day off school. We went to the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green. Lots of toys to look at and play with for her and plenty of tat to keep me amused too. :D The building is fab too.

_mg_3841.jpg

_mg_3828.jpg

_mg_3859.jpg

_mg_3868.jpg

_mg_3873.jpg

_mg_3876.jpg

Just bought a Sega Dreamcast and some games including Ecco, Red Dog, House of the Dead 2 and a few other odds and sods. Time for some SERIOUS nostalgia :mrgreen:

I'm goona get right ahead and blame Negative Creep for this latest drain on my limited finances.

SHENMUE :shock:8)

POWERSTONE 2 8)

STV have excelled themselves. Not only have they made a huge start on uploading High Road to Youtube, they've now started Weir's Way as well... for those not yet broken into such broadcasting, I bring you this rammleful Autoshite sponsored episode complete with gratuitous Cecil McBay action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46LHs372Rvw

Ahhh, Shenmue... Perhaps they're out?

FACT: Any random piece of incidental music from Shenmue will reduce me to a dribbling, snivelling wreck in 3 seconds. God, I loved that game far more than was healthy, or indeed normal. For the record, I still don't reckon he was gay.

Also:

STV have excelled themselves. Not only have they made a huge start on uploading High Road to Youtube, they've now started Weir's Way as well... for those not yet broken into such broadcasting, I bring you this rammleful Autoshite sponsored episode complete with gratuitous Cecil McBay action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46LHs372Rvw

That was great! thanks for posting, I'll be checking out more of these when the fancy takes me. Seems like a lovely chap too

Shenmue is great for featuring the most accurate virtual "lousy" arcade I've ever seen - from the ambient sound, the out-of-order machines and curt man behind the counter, it is nice to know that the rubbish arcade experience is preserved in digital history.

I have all of those - been collecting them since the late 90's.

I do have a spare 3DO console to hand if you are interested...possibly a 5600 too but i'm not sure where that is since we moved. I probably have duplicates of the mega cd and the jaguar too but nearly all my stuff is at my mums in the south.

Oh, and don't forget the CD add on for the Jaguar console!

Haha when I moved out of my parents I left the place littered with obsolete games consoles, too.

One of the ebay sellers has been on there since July 99 - I wasn't even sure if ebay had been going that long.

Shenmue is great for featuring the most accurate virtual "lousy" arcade I've ever seen - from the ambient sound, the out-of-order machines and curt man behind the counter, it is nice to know that the rubbish arcade experience is preserved in digital history.

Good shout - Space Harrier, Hang-On.....was that all of them in there?

Also, big up to the forklift driving job you get down the docks 8)

Ahhh, Shenmue... Perhaps they're out?

FACT: Any random piece of incidental music from Shenmue will reduce me to a dribbling, snivelling wreck in 3 seconds. God, I loved that game far more than was healthy, or indeed normal. For the record, I still don't reckon he was gay.

Also:

In that case DO NOT click this link containing loads of audio downloads from the game: http://www.shenmue-uk.com/shenmue_uk_media

Whilst passing by a Motor Auctions today, I happend to see a pile of car floor mats outside. A bloke who was working at the yard told me they were being thrown out, he told me I could help myself to some if I wanted to, I came away with a few sets of OE floor mats, for free!

Came across a Micra that had exactly the same plate as my Micra bar one digit.

I did something both evil and slightly naughty this afternoon..

It was cold, so I was wearing my hi-viz at work (It is blue, with silver and safety yellow stripes - looks very smart and official). A transit pulled onto the forecourt (red, 56 plate "signwritten" with a mobile number and no address, you know the sort), Driver got out and went into the workshop so I grabbed a white hardhat from the test bay to cover my hair and followed him in. He was in the middle of trying to sell foam matresses/blag batteries and catylists when I cut in (in my best Official voice) with "excuse me sir, is that your van outside?" and flashed my MoT smart-card at him (it has a photo of me and says VOSA in big blue letters, lol) he was off like we set the dags on him!

That Liz bird off 'The Apprentice'. I'll give her a trial alright, quite possibly on the back seat of my Merc. If she's not GR8 4 SHAGIN I'll fire her.

I googled the phrase 'That Liz bird off 'The Apprentice', one of the results gives up this:

So here I am, chatting to friends on facebook when I get an add, okay lets see who it is. Someone I dont know, with no mutual friends. Riiiiight. Okay lets accept just to see them anyway.

Here is a status of theirs.

P*** S******* Nurses uniform arrives on Tuesday....8 inch vibrator arrives Wednesday......day off Thursday....this should be fun!

10 October at 03:42 via iPhone · LikeUnlike · Comment

Oh and their default picture is the top of their head recieving some brown sauce. Hmmm, just when you think you know people.

Similar happened to me once Brammy. Probably looking for someone with the same name as yours. My surname is in the top ten most common in the UK, and my first is Andrew. Due to the commonness of my surname, I used to get loads of stick off my mates for "dating my sister" as my girlfriend had the same surname as me.

Baaa! Mooo! Six fingers on each hand FTW!