What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 hours ago, rmjbn1 said:

fiathorse02.JPG.4ec008b9dbeb490d0dac2364e6fe4173.JPG

If putting an Abarth badge on a Panda is acceptable (it isn't), then why not FIAT's other in-house tuning arm?

As FIAT-Chrysler are now Citroen-Peugeot (and by extension also therefore Vauxhall), it finally gives me the excuse I've been looking for to put double chevrons on the boot of my Panda. And maybe a Chrysler moustache on its nose. Then perhaps on each wheel: lion, scorpion, griffin and horse. Or that Alfa Romeo worm thing.

Ferrari are no longer owned by FCA and haven't been for a few years now. 

Don't think I've posted this here before, but I just found this old photo of when my company car was due to go back, and it's replacement.

Rover were living the hipster dream; doing stuff  before it was cool*.

IMG_20180319_111345.thumb.jpg.bf18bb40070bc0964b31e3b4e79ba528.jpg

* and therefore making no money out of it, because it wasn't cool so nobody wanted it

16 hours ago, SiC said:

Ferrari are no longer owned by FCA and haven't been for a few years now. 

Oh, well in that case I'll settle for the Alfa worm thing in place of a horse?

You're quite right, I hadn't realised. Nobody tells me anything these days.

It appears the FCA board (without informing me) wanted to strategically reposition the Ferrari brand so sold 10% of Ferrari shares and distributed the remainder to... major FCA shareholders, principally the Agnelli family/Exor. Sneaky!

So the same people own both companies, but separately.

I imagine they feel they're not so much losing a Ferrari as gaining a Vauxhall

I'm now a cyborg.

As of this morning I have a sensor on my arm, the size of a £2 coin. Through NFC, I can use my phone to scan it and know my blood glucose. The sensor lasts a fortnight before needing replaced too.

A vast improvement over having to actually make myself bleed in order to take a reading.

2 hours ago, Supernaut said:

I'm now a cyborg.

As of this morning I have a sensor on my arm, the size of a £2 coin. Through NFC, I can use my phone to scan it and know my blood glucose. The sensor lasts a fortnight before needing replaced too.

A vast improvement over having to actually make myself bleed in order to take a reading.

Girlfriend_70s makes a point of testing people's blood simply because she can and enjoys causing innocent people pain (she's given up with me as I don't seem to bleed unless serious damage is inflicted...). Just the other week she accidentally diagnosed an old family friend with diabetes, so I guess it's paid off...

flog it are in cultraaaagh :D

turned it on and theres a chap flogging a badge from the ulster tt 1932

but then they started talking about this

http://www.ballycastlechronicle.co.uk/news/2019/09/03/news/the-crest-of-a-wave-5895/

the small chap on holiday in the pic saw them drive up the beach at ballycastle

james bond - pheh paddy did it first :D

apparently one of the chaps that did it lives in brazil now :D

32 minutes ago, hairnet said:

flog it are in cultraaaagh :D

turned it on and theres a chap flogging a badge from the ulster tt 1932

but then they started talking about this

http://www.ballycastlechronicle.co.uk/news/2019/09/03/news/the-crest-of-a-wave-5895/

the small chap on holiday in the pic saw them drive up the beach at ballycastle

james bond - pheh paddy did it first :D

apparently one of the chaps that did it lives in brazil now :D

There was a local "character" in Pembrokeshire, Chester Smith who bought an Amphicar to travel across the Cleddau, after the ferry was closed, he refused to use the replacement bridge (well it had already fallen down once when it was being built).

This is what my parents gave me for my 53rd Birthday last week.  I have no idea where it came from or what to do with it, or why they think i want it.

I'm sure my dad has life time membership of the AA, and I reckon they picked it up in a charity shop. 

Shall I put it on eBay? 

Note. I know I sound ungrateful but quite frankly they seem to have developed a buy Little Pod a shit present strategy, because Christmas was a bit shit too. 

20200215_105743.jpg

20200215_105748.jpg

Just had an itch on my elbow, so I scratched it. a bit later my arm felt warm, and there was blood running down it and all over the kitchen floor.

Woohooo!  I've had a splinter of steel or something in there for about a year now - Every time I leant on something it'd absolutely kill. I tried digging it out, but being on my elbow, I couldn't get anywhere near. Seems to have finally grown out of my arm!

Oh and I got married yesterday

Electric Cars

I don't know if it's because there are more of them but this week I've seen 3 stopped on the motorway 

That BMW supercar one on the grass on the M6 with the hazards on

A leaf also on the M6 and today a tesla being loaded onto a trailer in Birmingham 

I'm starting to wonder if electric car owners don't like paying to charge or just chance it believing the range on the brochure , a bit like payload on a van , utter BS in the real world.

TOOLS EXPLAINED

DRILL PRESS : A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL : Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh sh*t

' DROP SAW : A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS : Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER : An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW : One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

MOLE-GRIPS : Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH : Used almost entirely for lighting on fire various flammable objects in your shop. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race..

TABLE SAW : A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK : Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW : A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST : A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER : Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER : A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR : A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50p part.

HOSE CUTTER : A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER : Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE : Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

SON OF A BITCH TOOL : Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a b*tch' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

Many years ago I was using my new fancy drill press for the first time. As I started it up my mug of tea, sat happily on a table several feet away, disintegrated somewhat surprisingly. When I went to investigate I found the chuck key I had forgotten to remove stuck in the wall behind the ex-mug. 

8 hours ago, cobblers said:

Oh and I got married yesterday

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/relationships/how-to-change-or-at-least-break-your-romantic-partner-20200219193658

Don't call me cynical, but here are the rules your new wife has taken on in her marriage vows.  

22 minutes ago, Marsh said:

It is windy and pouring with rain here in Tamworth. I've just noted with amusement that my neighbour has just come outside to wash his car, which he washed on Monday, in shorts.

Is it me or is that strange......

My father in law has been seen in flip flops and swimming trunks, and rain coat going to get the paper. 

Well you don't want to get your shoes and trousers wet do you. 

26 minutes ago, Marsh said:

It is windy and pouring with rain here in Tamworth. I've just noted with amusement that my neighbour has just come outside to wash his car, which he washed on Monday, in shorts.

Is it me or is that strange......

I do that out here in Bg as the local tap water is so hard,it would smash windows as you wash the car....