What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

After two back to back return trips to Liverpool airport, doing a brim to brim fuel check and discovering that my Dacia Logan MCV diesel managed to do slightly over 70 mpg. Mainly motorways and at night, but even so. It's a P/H (taxi) so these things matter. 

4 minutes ago, Bobthebeard said:

After two back to back return trips to Liverpool airport, doing a brim to brim fuel check and discovering that my Dacia Logan MCV diesel managed to do slightly over 70 mpg. Mainly motorways and at night, but even so. It's a P/H (taxi) so these things matter. 

My Peugeot expert hackney gets about 35......

It's been great TBH. Round the doors local work it does around 50 MPG with the above on longer stuff. The adblue consumption seems very low also. A few niggles, trim isn't very robust ( door seals becoming detached with passengers scuffing them with their feet ) and floor covering being thin and fragile, odd position of some switches etc. Am becoming very attached to it though. It does the job and being 'my office' on a daily basis am happy to go to work. 

17 minutes ago, Bobthebeard said:

It's been great TBH. Round the doors local work it does around 50 MPG with the above on longer stuff. The adblue consumption seems very low also. A few niggles, trim isn't very robust ( door seals becoming detached with passengers scuffing them with their feet ) and floor covering being thin and fragile, odd position of some switches etc. Am becoming very attached to it though. It does the job and being 'my office' on a daily basis am happy to go to work. 

I'm looking at a new Renault hackney maybe next year, we will see! Euro6.2 and 6 speed hopefully do more lol

My mate wanted a van to move a few things to storage, so I lent him my Vivaro. He left me his Peugeot 507 coupe to use. 

Must say it is comfy, quiet, a real waft barge, but bloody hell it is huge. 2.0 diesel although can hardly hear it running from the inside.

He can keep the van for as long as he wants.

EDIT: Silly boy, it's a 407, as indicated by the exterior badges and the embroided floormats.

9 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Typical Daily Fail, he was vilified 6 months ago on social media for being  a complete twat , he has pariah status now 

10 hours ago, Bobthebeard said:

I managed Uttoxeter to Aintree this afternoon, and got 34.8 mpg according to the trip computer.  It's never been that high ever. 

The traffic was light, and I toottled along with cruise set at the speed limit or lower.

22 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

"Influencer?" My arse!

As much as I like a beige mk2 cavalier with the wrong wheels, I'm not about to be influenced by anyone on social media. 

nealrly busta rib this morning

guy who weights some 20 stone and built like a brick outhouse  crept up behind another guy who is some 8 stone fuck all wet .

screamed in his ear and threw him around .......

ever seen some one drop their bottle and look a bit concerned !!!

I nearly pissed myself

I think he was going to the tip

My shitta 1.8 CVT bfo screen in the dash which was annoying

Handled ok did 85 at 2k on the small about of freeway I did

211 miles on 17 dollars - and you're not allowed to pump gas yourself in NJ stickers all over the pumps etc but I did my own at a place nearer the airport than this one the last time

Worked out 28 us mpg 34 UK mpg

IMG_20200215_100358.jpg

IMG_20200215_094851.jpg

22 hours ago, omegod said:

Typical Daily Fail, he was vilified 6 months ago on social media for being  a complete twat , he has pariah status now 

That's the trouble with online reviews. I had a total bellend post a terrible review of my business this week. Reason being  that he didn't 'want' to pay £25 for a part he wanted....therefore I've rubbered his calls looking for it.  Now my  customer service and business is 'appalling' !  I'm just building up the roasting that wanker is going to get!!!!!

On 2/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, Aston Martin said:

The only thing the eejit's influencing is other businesses not to deal with him!