What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Today, and on TWO separate occasions, I was told; 'nice car' both times by ladies of the opposite sex. I wish I had the energy to chase after them cos, 'It's the car Dude, it's the car' and it is obviously a proper magnet for the opposite sex.

:) 

8 hours ago, SRi05 said:

Coupe shape 75 looks stunning tbh, wish they actually produced them !

That is a truly lovely concept.  I'm with you there, that might have done a LOT of good to the marque's  reputation.

Clearly that's had a lot nicked from the CLK Convertible which is no bad thing as Merc really got the C pillar design of that rag top spot on imho.  I owned one for 3 years  so have put my money where my mouth is, lol.

It looks very  classy.

Little before and after on the USSR era Jantar pendulum clock I got recently.  For what I paid, I was honestly expecting it to have a lot more problems than it did.  All I've needed to do is give it a really good clean to get rid of a build up of grease and dust, set the pendulum correctly, and paint the case black after filling the holes for the missing plastic trim that usually obscures the pendulum.  I actually found this when trying to get a Metamec (or similar) teak starburst clock and being astounded at just how expensive a formerly throw-away item has become and, in hindsight, I'm glad I went for this instead because it fits the other furniture in the room exceptionally well.

Clock.thumb.jpg.3856f43be70f373ce528f3ffa62f084d.jpg

I'm still on the lookout for a small 1960s/70s teak veneer chest of drawers to sit the printer-scanner on and eventually I'll teak-ify my work desk so it matches everything too.  I've spent so long with mismatched furniture, shuffling from one rental to the next, that this opportunity to have all matchy-matchy is something of a novelty to me still.

16 hours ago, xtriple said:

Today, and on TWO separate occasions, I was told; 'nice car' both times by ladies of the opposite sex. I wish I had the energy to chase after them cos, 'It's the car Dude, it's the car' and it is obviously a proper magnet for the opposite sex.

:) 

How do you know they are the opposite sex? How do you tell that these days? We're they CIS women or maybe just men identifying as women? Bit of a 1950s attitude there old chap! 

1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

How do you know they are the opposite sex? How do you tell that these days? We're they CIS women or maybe just men identifying as women? Bit of a 1950s attitude there old chap! 

Good point, well made. I shall bury my head back in the sand where it belongs!

2 hours ago, Kowalski said:

I do hope this was said as a "tongue in cheek" comment.....

1 hour ago, Craig the Princess said:

I did once get Mrs the Princess the only vegetarian option from a chip shop.

Potato Fritter and chips.

You've reminded me of a three-month multi-hander criminal trial at Harrow Crown Court almost twenty years ago.

The Court catering service wasn't up to much during this trial and the various Solicitors and Counsel engaged on the matter were starting to get a bit mutinous at the uninspiring lunches that were on offer. The last straw was when, and I kid you not, the menu announced one day:

"Potato Wedges, with chips"

After seeing that, an order was sent to the Golden Palace Chinese Restaurant nearby and, for the rest of the trial, the said establishment delivered a proper lunch selection, including proper crockery and cutlery. The mood of all improved considerably.

4 hours ago, TataBobu said:

Wait, what? Scallops are "vegetarian food"?  ?

Potato  scallops. 

Available in all Northern Chip shops.

My mum used to pretend to us it was battered fish and not battered potato. Which we had with chips. 

Fried in Lard. For that authentic vegan* experience.

There's kwality resprays, cheap resprays, and rattle canning your van in the street.

Yes, this morning this was blue.

IMG_20200206_154446.thumb.jpg.5d9f9dfbf21a77fff2c1f1969e198b1c.jpg

Then across the road, two men.enjoy* changing the timing belt on a Scenic.

IMG_20200206_154955.thumb.jpg.90d52144fb17477b1cc6f49407644753.jpg

Added some amusement to being in the park throwing a ball for the dog.

18 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

So fishless fish & chips? Isn't that just chips then?

IMG_9741.thumb.JPG.8c34b72fca1a86683f0dab6baa2b269c.JPG

I am more intrigued by the vegan toad in the hole. I assume that amphibians count as meat. Therefore by the same token as the fishless fish  we can also  assume that this particular delicacy is in fact completely toadless, and we would be served up with hole and veg :(