What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 hours ago, myglaren said:

Someone on Facebook comments "If you have come to Middlesbrough looking for signs of devastation - it always looks like that"

a few years ago there was a massive earthquake in Dundee, six point something on the Richter scale.

it caused Ā£25 of improvement.

That reminds me of coming home early one summer evening to find the Mrs relaxing in the garden with a drink having prepared dinner and put it in the oven. I joined her and a pleasant hour or so passed with a couple* more drinks before I was despatched to check the readiness of said dinner.Ā  Finding the main Aga oven to be empty, I then looked in the lower one - also empty. Beginning to wonder if dead chickens can actually fly and take their roasting tin with them, I posed this question to the cook, who rapidly became (even more) red-faced. Eventually the chicken was found, still in roasting tin, in the cupboard where said tins are kept, leading to an urgent communication with a take-away food provider.

Ā 

16 hours ago, Remspoor said:

A mates son borrowed a pickup and trailer from a guy in Wigan to collect a VW transporter, when they got back they dropped it off at his house but he'd gone the pub.

So heĀ took the keys to him and told him he'd filled it up.

There's no need for that , you've only been to HorwichĀ 

Er , we've been to Harwich, What , Harwich where the fuck is HarwichĀ 

18 hours ago, Roobarb said:

Well I did.

Saw one in the car park at my sister's wedding in Ohio in the late 70s.Ā 

The clue is there in the name.Ā  CHEVetteĀ 

Although the Europeans called them kadETTEĀ 

Ā 

Ā