What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

To bloody true, still not found the extension and torx I dropped in the undertray a few weeks ago!
I remember losing a 12mm socket which dropped into the undertray of my Alfa 159. Little did I know it had wedged itself between the undertray and the sump. I only found out when I lightly kissed the undertray on a speed hump which drove the bolt clean through the sump...oil everywhere

I have two different 10mm spanners, all found down the side of the engine on my wife’s old Mazda. I can only presume some poor sod lost both doing the same job a couple of times, or possibly at the same time. Both appeared as if by magic when we pulled the engine up and explained the slight rattle we had never managed to diagnose. One is a nice quality King dick one with a really slim shank that is great for getting into tight spaces.

I've got a snap-on 10mm (I know, A 10mm!!)  long reach socket I found under the centre console of a Honda I had last year for a bit. I guess someone was trying to adjust the handbrake cables, it dropped off and they couldn't be bothered to take the whole bloody console out to retrieve it.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, captain_70s said:

I found a set of feeler gauges in the Acclaim's bonnet shut just yesterday.

I mean, they're mine and must have been forgotten when I was checking the plug gaps on Friday, but still...

I once found a screwdriver on the engine of one of my cars. I noticed it as the car suddenly had a bonnet bulge where it hadn't before.

23 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Look at this chuffin' numpty trying to tell the chap who own the car that he doesn't know what kind of car it is. He only fucking owns it mate. 

With that IQ you can imagine the guy barking at himself in the middle of the night after waking himself up with one of his own farts. 

Ha, the guys selling this Maxi on Facebook now. Props to anyone that goes on there and says

'It's not a maxi mate' 

1957404355_AGallery_25.thumb.jpg.1a99b3068365de39b6d19380c7e7681d.jpg

22 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

I have two different 10mm spanners, all found down the side of the engine on my wife’s old Mazda. I can only presume some poor sod lost both doing the same job a couple of times, or possibly at the same time. Both appeared as if by magic when we pulled the engine up and explained the slight rattle we had never managed to diagnose. One is a nice quality King dick one with a really slim shank that is great for getting into tight spaces.

In a similar vein, yesterday I achieved two things

1 - Solved the odd clonking noise in the BMW

2 - Started my collection of SnapOn tools

49418773261_60b17d3986_c.jpg

I guess it was left behind when the Aircon was scrapped, found it wedged between the back of the engine and the bulkhead.
Closer to being a chisel than a precision tool but the brand name is still supposed to mean something.

MrsN called earlier; " I've started putting petrol in my car" ( Merc ML 350 CDi)

"Me-How much?"

Her- "About £3.20s worth"

Me -"Thank fuck for that, just brim it with diesel, it'll be fine"

That would have been an end to it, phone rings again....

Her - " Bloke in garage said it'll wreck the engine and not to even unlock the door !"

Me- " Tell him thanks, but just take the £3.20 and restart the pump for diesel"

Her- " He says he won't!, as he's responsible and he's given me a card for miss-fuelling man"

Me - " Tell him to fuck off and mind his own business"

Her- " I'm not doing that because I'm not rude like you"

Hangs up.

20 minutes later I get a text;

Just put £123.00 of diesel in this thing. If you'd filled it up at the weekend this would never have happened, I want a Tesla. X

Seems petrol station bloke is on a commission form mis-fuel  bloke.

ML has done 140 miles since and seems OK.

8 minutes ago, Garythesnail said:

I know you end up using the same amount of fuel no matter what size of tank it is . . . . . but £123 in one go?.

Yes I was a bit surprised, I think she was at a BP on the A421 near Bedford, so was probably more expensive than a  supermarket and it's a 90litre tank. I usually do pay at pump,at Tesco and it stops at £99 so I've never seen it full.  In  contrast  my E-Class never takes more than £70 even when I 've done 30 miles with the range on zero.