What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

It's important when you move house that you prioritise your time and money carefully.  That's why bf and I are trying to arrange a viewing of an Old Car that's moderately local to see if it's what he wants.  Well, we've got space outside, might as well fill it.

Early start this morning... it was cold last night, so I went round wiping the BX's windows while it rose up. Good job I chose to give the headlights a bit of a wipe today, because the glass fell out of the N/S one (luckily, into my hand)! A quick clean and judicious use of 5 minute Araldite saw us on our way.

Whatever would we do without Araldite? I can't even count the number of things (automotive or otherwise) that I've either bodged or permanently repaired over the years. Best get another couple of packs ordered...

8 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Early start this morning... it was cold last night, so I went round wiping the BX's windows while it rose up. Good job I chose to give the headlights a bit of a wipe today, because the glass fell out of the N/S one (luckily, into my hand)! A quick clean and judicious use of 5 minute Araldite saw us on our way.

Whatever would we do without Araldite? I can't even count the number of things (automotive or otherwise) that I've either bodged or permanently repaired over the years. Best get another couple of packs ordered...

Poundland do one that is great. 2 part epoxy adhesive, used to have Tommy Walsh's fizzogg on it but last lot I got didn't. 

54 minutes ago, hairnet said:

flippin bangers on blaze now

rover 800 sterling they say 650 r reg :D

lets see how it gets on

Watched the xm one last night on demand website. Nice car, but found it a bit annoying as about half the programme was just repeating what they’d already said.

This ain’t what made me grin but some back story as I’ve been good Samaritan-ing tonight.

Popped to Asda to put some air in tyres and ended up helping two young lasses in a mini that had boiled out its coolant and needed help to refill it.

They’d carried on driving and it had got so hot it kept stalling out so they’d parked it in Asda and then plucked up the courage to ask me for help as I was finishing up on my tyres.

I said I could help fill the coolant and then they casually mentioned that was great but it doesn’t start either now :D Checks revealed no mayo from the oil cap and dipstick so I think they’d just heated it to a head warping temp and it had given up.

Got some coolant in and massaged the pipes a bit to get things flowing and then got it running and bubbling out airlocks with a bit of revs and eventually got it to hold at an idle, then stopped and restarted it to make sure it would and sent them on their way.

Telling this to the missus on arrival home, I was bemoaning the lack of a proper gauge to see the engine temp like on a good shiter car...She then creased up crying with laughter and I shit you not, she said that she thought the ‘temp’ gauge in the 323 was to tell her when the inside of the car was a nice temperature (!). Apparently, when she gets in she whacks the heater up full and when the temp gauge gets to the middle to tell her it’s warm ‘inside’ the car, she turns the temp down a bit.

I think I might have to put her in lease cars...

36 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Just been having an interesting chat with a mate about the events at Chernobyl. Turns out he has the series on Blue ray... so mammoth session of Chernobyl watching on Friday :)

Make sure your underpants aren't Soviet-made, otherwise Chernobyl fallout.

I've done quite a bit of reading on the subject but it doesn't seem to stick anymore, just getting (got) old I suppose. It was 'my' subject for the year.. along with that other great 'cheery' one - The Haulocaust! I am still utterly amazed at how such a thing could happen.

Look at this chuffin' numpty trying to tell the chap who own the car that he doesn't know what kind of car it is. He only fucking owns it mate. 

StitchIt_20202101075001_670.thumb.png.f9ffb3b659d85caac8e2b1a3401cea6d.png

With that IQ you can imagine the guy barking at himself in the middle of the night after waking himself up with one of his own farts.