What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

AE976235-CEF0-4383-96DA-F4C2C60296C8.jpeg

seen a few variations of that here is what I think is the full version :mrgreen:

image.thumb.png.2142f0d45df9259029d5e7320526374c.png

(it would be fun to get a big fuck off high current transformer and actually see how the current figures match up, maybe save for the bullet! LOL)

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

seen a few variations of that here is what I think is the full version :mrgreen:

image.thumb.png.2142f0d45df9259029d5e7320526374c.png

(it would be fun to get a big fuck off high current transformer and actually see how the current figured match up, maybe save for the bullet! LOL)

I used to have a couple of BIG transformers at work for the older instruments we had. They were American and needed them to convert from 240v. Weighed about 40kg each!

7 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I also like the Lucas parts....

FA2BC9A4-4EAE-4DFE-8A6A-111DB216D0F3.jpeg

its via that that I ended up on the wikipedia page for Invacars back in 2015, when @1970mgb showed it to me then :) http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

(had a conversation with mum about the Model 70 that used to live on hackney road then it went to the back of my mind until @Zelandeth uploaded KPL to youtube then its history all downhill from there as they say!)

image.thumb.png.341718b8d86d6da8e84c1c923a6378dd.png

(I still wonder about it from time to time, as one does not simply just reference a W&F Barrett invalid carriage without knowing something about invalid vehicles!)

3 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

No, but surprisingly one of the guesses is correct.

20200114_175904.jpg.54e9754c705ebdacbacd07de8d8637a6.jpg

Yes. It's quite rough. That's all you're getting.

Edit: Took the long (long, long, long) way home and took a look at it in streetlight. It has some really bizarre holes in the strangest places (rear top corners of roof, for instance). Seller's words: "I don't think anything on it works any more.", which is inspiring.

Had to move a kitchen cupboard recently and there was a bunch of paperwork that had fallen behind it in the past.  The best item wasn't the Jersey Zoo postcard from 1994.  The best item was the Stannah stairlift brochure.

We live in a bungalow.

Today I was amused by "Road Karma", bear with me....

I was following an Audi, he overtook a car in front.

Repeat nine(ish) times, some of the overtakes were into oncoming traffic, even staring down 38 tonnes oncoming a couple of times to get a car length in front.

At the next roundabout EVERY single one of the cars he overtook, turned left so I was right behind him once again, I put my front fogs on just for giggles.

1 hour ago, vulgalour said:

Had to move a kitchen cupboard recently and there was a bunch of paperwork that had fallen behind it in the past.  The best item wasn't the Jersey Zoo postcard from 1994.  The best item was the Stannah stairlift brochure.

We live in a bungalow.

I suspect that will be targeted junk mail, I bought my house from the estate of its late owner and I’m still getting life insurance, funeral plan, denture and care home leaflets through the door.

Just watched the last video from when I took the little video while out for a run in the Jag, and have just noticed one of the kids we passed clearly shouting "look at that car!" which I never clocked at the time...but they're clearly pointing at me...and not laughing!  That's a bit of a new experience for me.

Got a few glances in the Cappuccino (especially when I fitted the miniature version of the Viper-esque stripes), but this is the first one that people really do look at.  Not sure if the colour really increases that impact.

10 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Just watched the last video from when I took the little video while out for a run in the Jag, and have just noticed one of the kids we passed clearly shouting "look at that car!" which I never clocked at the time...but they're clearly pointing at me...and not laughing!  That's a bit of a new experience for me.

Got a few glances in the Cappuccino (especially when I fitted the miniature version of the Viper-esque stripes), but this is the first one that people really do look at.  Not sure if the colour really increases that impact.

makes me wonder how they would of reacted had you been in the Model 70 :) 

fewer people these days have seen one/know what it is then they have XJS's!

41 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

@wuvvum One Canal Way, Shop E.  Probably the first known site of an Invacar catching fire or something.

your not far off! LOL

He used to have it serviced and repaired at a place in Stretford, Manchester which was next to the canal, they eventually shut the place down after two mechanics were
racing them around and ended up in the canal. If my memory still works  I think a customer drove his car in the canal aswell when his accelerator got stuck !!!

10 minutes ago, PhilA said:

But no, I am not looking at a car from 1 Canal Way #E. 

The vehicle in question will be filed in the registration as 2 AXLE RIGID BODY (which may or may not be correct, depends on the amount of rust how rigid the body is)

image.thumb.png.34e926bc70e52388c18cab96cf445ac6.png

(a good number of them are down as 2 Axle rigid body LOL its amusing because on those and the ones where the wheel plan is just down as not recorded, nothing on the V5 actually tells you its a 3 wheeler!)

18 hours ago, PhilA said:

No, but surprisingly one of the guesses is correct.

20200114_175904.jpg.54e9754c705ebdacbacd07de8d8637a6.jpg

Yes. It's quite rough. That's all you're getting.

Edit: Took the long (long, long, long) way home and took a look at it in streetlight. It has some really bizarre holes in the strangest places (rear top corners of roof, for instance). Seller's words: "I don't think anything on it works any more.", which is inspiring.

wang a battery on it bet it fires right up with fresh gas :D

edit was supertramp on the stereo :D