What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The 'Kickstarter' project I part funded last year (actually, 2018!) has just paid out and I have recieved a lovely new watch as well. It really is a cracker and every one of the model 71 built has sold. Quaity is first rate and uses a decent movement (9039 - or 9015) ane every part feels bob-on. I was going to wear it today but my hands had the shakes and I couldn't get the bracelet adjusted!

d8834dbe5bf0823b7327dda9ab171834_original.jpg

Another two pairs of driving glasses for 14 quid taking my total to six pairs now, courtesy of MSE's latest limited offer at  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/glasses-direct/#52422

This means I now have a pair I can put in each car, and the hassles of losing/forgetting/putting wrong ones on/wearing sunglasses in the dark accidentally will* be a thing of the past

You do need to have a prescription less than 2 years old available that you can add to your account, and they usually turn up within 7 days from LingLong Exports (Seeing Division) Ltd.

This isn't really a grin but not a grump either...

Nearly (oh so nearly) lost Phoebe this afternoon. Now we all know that Chester is a twat and wanders off so a constant eye has to be kept on him (though to be fair, he's actually pretty good when he's out, just at home he wants to wander) but Phoebe is the perfect dog and never wanders offor does anything wrong. Today, I wasn't watching her and she went through a hedge and out onto the main road! And I did NOT notice! First I new was a phonecall from a strange number asking if I had a black lab!

This very nice lass had seen her, stopped and Phoebe had hopped in her car! Phoebe never hops in any car and she is scared stiff of strangers so doubly amazing.

My mate carried her back to my car and Phoebe is totally cool about it all, I feel like I've aged about 50 years.

But as a proper 'grin' the very same mate who carried her Phoebeness also brought us Christmas pressies (hes been away shagging all Christmas/New Year) a HUGE fancy glass bottle with a screw down lid filled with lolly-pops (think 'Kojak') and packets of sweets and four bags of fancy dog chews/bones/treats for them two. We are all busy munching :)