What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 1/7/2020 at 3:37 AM, Floatylight said:

Gotta larf..

Yesterday's train was cancelled which left me late for a meeting so I put in a delay repay claim...59bd78524370ce433bba93b22a8c22f7.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I used to process the delay repay forms for that lot back when they were London Midland. I remember having to send a fair few disgruntled commuters a voucher for a quid which they could exchange for one shiny English pound coin at any railway station which was operated by London Midland. 

The irony of the fact that I was made late for work on many occasions by the very train operating company I worked for was not lost on me. 

37 minutes ago, MondeoBlues said:

I used to process the delay repay forms for that lot back when they were London Midland. I remember having to send a fair few disgruntled commuters a voucher for a quid which they could exchange for one shiny English pound coin at any railway station which was operated by London Midland. 

The irony of the fact that I was made late for work on many occasions by the very train operating company I worked for was not lost on me. 

Great excuse though, I can imagine the conversation- ‘so why are you late again? Oh shit yeah, just sit down over there’

Grinning this evening as after 4 days in the wilderness, BT have been and repaired my phone cable that my neighbour removed with his tractor so I have a landline and internet access now. Useful as there is no mobile signal here!

At least I will not actually have to watch the TV this evening!

They don’t sell booze in supermarkets where I live. You have to go to one of the not exactly abundant bottle shops, the closest 3 of which to me are all about a 10 minute drive away. UNTIL TODAY when I walked up to Waitrose, 2 mins away, and found a swanky new off licence opened up in the long since empty unit next door. Needless today I supported my new local shopkeeper. 

Watching an old PimpMyRide where they customise a 58 VW bus. 

But only after they pop rivet plates on the sills and wob over the top! 

Edit : as the guy was a surf dooooood, they fitted a Zanusi spin drier and wired it to an 800w inverter. Useful. 

9 hours ago, MikeR said:

My fast long route to work is 3 miles longer than the slow direct stop start route of 15 miles  ..... Some 15 minutes differnce in the rush hour .......  So much for new road planning ! .

I thought you were buying a motorbike. ZZR1100? 

8 hours ago, robinmasters said:

This bloke is brilliant. He's over-excited, sweats a lot and sounds a bit drunk. He uses very strange camera angles, and frames things oddly, sometimes so you can't see the part of the thing he's talking about. 

Rev up your engines, it's time for Scotty Kilmer. He's been around for years.

TBF,  his videos are pretty good for anyone with no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, but he's never provided me with any Hallelujah moments.

1 hour ago, clayts450 said:

TBF,  his videos are pretty good for anyone with no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, but he's never provided me with any Hallelujah moments.

The rate at which he puts out content is insane - several videos a day sometimes!

A bloke wearing a full face helmet on some sort of orange coloured 1960's/70's Mobylette type pedal and pop has just ridden round the pavements of our local shops, nearly rode into someone, then fucked off again. 

11 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

A bloke wearing a full face helmet on some sort of orange coloured 1960's/70's Mobylette type pedal and pop has just ridden round the pavements of our local shops, nearly rode into someone, then fucked off again. 

“A bloke” ?

Was his name Billy Cavcraft?

20 hours ago, MondeoBlues said:

Percy French wrote a song about late trains ...

Are u all right michael 

Something about a court case as well involving trains ..

6 hours ago, cobblers said:

Usually facebook groups are incredibly tiresome "THANKS 4 THE ADD" bollocks etc but there's a bloke on the Talbot Express owners club earnestly asking where his OBD socket is and it's absolutely made my morning

There's a woman on the Aixam Fb group who asked if you could chip the diesel version (you know, the one powered by a Kubota cement mixer engine) to make it go faster YO.

4 hours ago, clayts450 said:

He lives in Houston, in a dubious claim to fame I once saw him at the DMV...

19 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Watching an old PimpMyRide where they customise a 58 VW bus. 

But only after they pop rivet plates on the sills and wob over the top! 

Edit : as the guy was a surf dooooood, they fitted a Zanusi spin drier and wired it to an 800w inverter. Useful. 

They are real bodge artists on there. They are skilled in some ways but not as automotive engineers for sure!

Sent in a claim to LNER as the coach our reserved seats were in didn't exist on outbound trip and reservations were disabled by a 'computer error' on return journey. Expected miserly £1.50 compo but Result! - full refund of ticket price for both journeys on the way!