What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

The news always has an unintentionally funny item

image.png.feb144aca4ff3771d65b940e4bdb2ded.png

Sacked vegan brings landmark discrimination case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168

Mr Vegan says " Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing. "

The Hunt Saboteurs say " dismissed for gross misconduct. "

He had some sort of issue with their pension fund and started whistleblowing , told management about it then set about pissing on everybody elses chips when the managers continued to ignore him.

Julian Assange should use being vegan as a defense.

This was the best bit for me

Mr Casamitjana describes himself as an "ethical" vegan and campaigns to get his message to others.

His beliefs affect much of his everyday life. He will, for instance, walk rather than take a bus to avoid accidental crashes with insects or birds.

Wait until he finds out that wind farms kill birdlife and can no longer use anything electrically powered or manufactured using electricity.

A farmer was on the radio a while back upsetting Vegans , they didn't want to hear him telling them growing their Vegan produce in enough quantity  involves killing billions of insects with pesticides

Some others commented on the latest "Star Wars" multi-million-dollar epic. Glad to see the character Chewbacca survive the episode -- though the British-American chap who played him for years died in 2019. The 7'-2" fellow  has been succeeded by a 6'-11  1/2" one from Finland.

The female lead Rey has survived, as well. I liked her performance -- she's young enough she can carry on for another 40 years, unlike some of the other cast.  I read an up close and personal blurb claiming Daisy Ridley was working as a server or bartender just five years ago in a  city in the U.K. & that she made minimum wage (= 8 USD) at that time. Those rags to riches pieces are made up a lot...and I wonder how much of it is true.  She doesn't do a lot of talking in her role....but to me she sounds more Australian or New Zealandish in her speech.  

4 minutes ago, 62 Austin said:

Some others commented on the latest "Star Wars" multi-million-dollar epic. Glad to see the character Chewbacca survive the episode -- though the British-American chap who played him for years died in 2019. The 7'-2" fellow  has been succeeded by a 6'-11  1/2" one from Finland.

The female lead Rey has survived, as well. I liked her performance -- she's young enough she can carry on for another 40 years, unlike some of the other cast.  I read an up close and personal blurb claiming Daisy Ridley was working as a server or bartender just four years ago in a  city in the U.K. & that she made minimum wage (= 8 USD) at that time. Those rags to riches pieces are made up a lot...and I wonder how much of it is true.  She doesn't do a lot of talking in her role....but to me she sounds more Australian or New Zealandish in her speech.  

She sounds english to me.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, Roobarb said:

Darwin at his greatest...

For the first year I’ve lived in this frozen tundra called Minneapolis, the cops have said the ice on the main lake is too thin to be out on, so no trucks, no ice houses, no snowmobiles etc as there’s a danger of falling through.

Obviously, people know better - like this guy with his ice fishing hut...

1B636BAD-1405-4841-9FB5-C513AA396F63.thumb.jpeg.de54eb24777a11caa6c592aa2d2f9815.jpeg

And this guy in his pick up... (my wife saw it break through and said that the guys wife(?) in the passenger seat didn’t look too impressed...)

90348B6A-699E-408E-891A-3E1AB01E667E.thumb.jpeg.dea71640227dab7f5ab4e986b8ed6f1d.jpeg

Yet amazingly people still went out on the lake again last night, with a snowmobile falling through and being lost until the upper crust melts. And guess what, the stupid idiots are out there again today!

I don't drive out on lakes. If you had had 20 days of -20 F.  maybe i'd walk out on it. Makes me wonder how many of these idiots are looking for a big insurance payback.

10 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

The news always has an unintentionally funny item

image.png.feb144aca4ff3771d65b940e4bdb2ded.png

Sacked vegan brings landmark discrimination case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168

Mr Vegan says " Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing. "

The Hunt Saboteurs say " dismissed for gross misconduct. "

He had some sort of issue with their pension fund and started whistleblowing , told management about it then set about pissing on everybody elses chips when the managers continued to ignore him.

Julian Assange should use being vegan as a defense.

This was the best bit for me

Mr Casamitjana describes himself as an "ethical" vegan and campaigns to get his message to others.

His beliefs affect much of his everyday life. He will, for instance, walk rather than take a bus to avoid accidental crashes with insects or birds.

Wait until he finds out that wind farms kill birdlife and can no longer use anything electrically powered or manufactured using electricity.

Had it not been veganism, I suspect Mr Casamitjana would have found and way of rubbing people up the wrong way by being an utter cunt-satchel. 

3 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

and worse they are doing it in portrait mode so it will look wank to watch later on ??

I used to think that, then realized my sons friends all do it too because #TikTok or whatever it’s called. 

TVs are so last century...

Either way round, I hope one day they realize just to enjoy the moment. Perhaps a good venue will offer after performance downloads to prevent this ridiculousness in future?

5 hours ago, Roobarb said:

Great day out with Roobarb jnr today. We went sight seeing and to the Flicks to watch Jumanji. 

524BFB80-9A0A-4F21-A0A1-5D836A944896.thumb.jpeg.bc33ee7299f6e8d9bebff3b509267c70.jpeg

As you can see it was very cold...

BF6D7141-A9B7-438F-89DE-7339B5A8F6D8.thumb.jpeg.faa4d4a9d613edc7fc1c11f95745fa11.jpeg

C85CB52B-0FC8-4A70-A2E5-621E26F77ACD.thumb.jpeg.bfd3251565d0286afb7586434b0d378c.jpeg

Even the stalagmites were blue!

Best day of my Christmas holiday. :)

I wish our winters were like that instead of the +5 wet and windy bollocks we get 

10 hours ago, 62 Austin said:

I don't drive out on lakes. If you had had 20 days of -20 F.  maybe i'd walk out on it. Makes me wonder how many of these idiots are looking for a big insurance payback.

Reminds me of the time (Boxing Day 1984) I walked on Derwent Water in Keswick. 

There was a hole cut in the ice by the shore which was at least a foot thick.  I turned back to shore as I got closer to the middle, when I thought I could feel the ice moving and hear micro cracking.  

There were people ice skating on it. 

No trucks though. 

25 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

You can. Euro Car Parts definitely sell one. Lidl used to get 5L tubs of a mega concentrate in that’s good to -30 too. 

I'm rolling tesco ready mixed at £4 for 5l,bought £40 worth a few months ago when I had a good month repair wise. Hasn't frozen yet, even when the car has been

The aldi/lidl stuff is ace too, not seen any recently though

11 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

He's a bit better again 

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Did you find out what was wrong with him?

Chester is over it was that ailed him as well but it had e very worried for a few days - two sick dogs is more than I can cope with! Never did find out what was wrong with him but is back to his usual annoying self now.

I've come to admire some of the DIY in this house.  Why spend money when there's a roll of brown parcel tape in the drawer?

202001-Bathroom06.thumb.jpg.c41b1ab17b742d512bbf4a9d88caafd3.jpg

Loft hatch handle broken?  No problem!  Use half a peg and a wood screw.

202001-Hall04.thumb.jpg.d5b3fd5dc6329265e9760f45847cee51.jpg

Want an extra light in the hallway?  Nick one from the caravan, dig out a channel in the plaster with a wood chisel, then run the wire the longest route you possibly can into another room to reach a plug socket.  Filler is for losers, so just paper over everything.  Don't want to use it any more?  Just snip the plug off the wire (that looked for all the world like telephone cord) and paint over the remains with gloss.  Be sure to leave the caravan light in the hallway and never dust it.  Mind you, I can't complain too much since I've repurposed the wall light into a desk lamp, just need to find or make it a slightly better base.

202001-Hall03.thumb.jpg.9ed5abaecae463e965cd150c96abfd11.jpg

202001-Hall05.thumb.jpg.d593adf8ae1576cd99eb5b6c6e6128e6.jpg

There is one plus side to repairs like this at least, which is that usually old stuff is still there and easy to put right properly, so far no bodge has been irreversible and sometimes, you make nice discoveries like the original kitchen floor, even if the kitchen does have three different sets of cupboards, most of which are heavily gloss painted so they match*.  I'm probably* a bit* weird, but I'm really enjoying just gradually putting things right without overly modernising the place by ripping everything out and blowing a bank loan at Focus Do It All.

202001-Kitchen03.thumb.jpg.6d451e9a26566139fcb10318a5e4bd0d.jpg

41 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Did you find out what was wrong with him?

Chester is over it was that ailed him as well but it had e very worried for a few days - two sick dogs is more than I can cope with! Never did find out what was wrong with him but is back to his usual annoying self now.

They weren't sure, possibly something he ate (doubtful, he's incredibly fussy) or maybe a virus of some sort. Glad to hear Chester is ok!

21 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

They weren't sure, possibly something he ate (doubtful, he's incredibly fussy) or maybe a virus of some sort. Glad to hear Chester is ok!

That sounds exactly what Chester had. Something odd going round maybe? Glad he's on the mend, sick doggos is never fun.

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

I've not seen the Lidl -30 concentrate for a couple of years around here, as it was my go to screenwash for winter.
ECP did do one from Normfest? that went down to -70c, but I think they've stopped stocking it.

14 hours ago, 62 Austin said:

The female lead Rey has survived, as well. I liked her performance -- she's young enough she can carry on for another 40 years, unlike some of the other cast.  I read an up close and personal blurb claiming Daisy Ridley was working as a server or bartender just five years ago in a  city in the U.K. & that she made minimum wage (= 8 USD) at that time. Those rags to riches pieces are made up a lot...and I wonder how much of it is true.  She doesn't do a lot of talking in her role....but to me she sounds more Australian or New Zealandish in her speech.  

Most actors spend their lives in poorly paid obscurity, 'resting' or doing things that aren't acting to pay the bills.

Just had an advert from a local pet shop pop on my arse book thing.

Quail as pets. Quail.

A fucking game bird.

First question : can these live outside.

Honestly.

I worked as an under keeper when I was younger, they were bred in their thousands to be blasted with shotguns love.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I'm rolling tesco ready mixed at £4 for 5l,bought £40 worth a few months ago when I had a good month repair wise. Hasn't frozen yet, even when the car has been

The Range 2x 5Lready mixed for £4 is the winner for me..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

The Range 2x 5Lready mixed for £4 is the winner for me..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Oooh I'll find that on payday, only got 5l of tesco left, and the amount of shit their spraying on the roads will see that gone soon, thanks!