What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

A mate has had some issues with his diesel Nissan van and additional personal stuff has popped his head, van has cut out a few times and he's lost faith in it so offered it to me for 1500 which was too cheap, I scanned it and the injectors or HP fuel pump were on their way out. I offered to get shut of it and today I wazzed down to we buy any car and managed to squeeze 2450 out of them , it was a remarkably painless experience to be honest, 3 x bodywork issues identified which was fair but £50 taken off for a missing book pack was a piss take, would use again though ! ( to dump stuff with impending doom)  

Darwin at his greatest...

For the first year I’ve lived in this frozen tundra called Minneapolis, the cops have said the ice on the main lake is too thin to be out on, so no trucks, no ice houses, no snowmobiles etc as there’s a danger of falling through.

Obviously, people know better - like this guy with his ice fishing hut...

1B636BAD-1405-4841-9FB5-C513AA396F63.thumb.jpeg.de54eb24777a11caa6c592aa2d2f9815.jpeg

And this guy in his pick up... (my wife saw it break through and said that the guys wife(?) in the passenger seat didn’t look too impressed...)

90348B6A-699E-408E-891A-3E1AB01E667E.thumb.jpeg.dea71640227dab7f5ab4e986b8ed6f1d.jpeg

Yet amazingly people still went out on the lake again last night, with a snowmobile falling through and being lost until the upper crust melts. And guess what, the stupid idiots are out there again today!

9 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Off road with that ground clearance? What a fucking joke they have become. How tragic for such an iconic brand.

I think you’ll find it’s got air suspension and that’s the down position, as SiC said above.  For all its faults, JLR hasn’t forgotten how to build a car that works off road, at least in principle.

My worry would be about complexity and reliability.  I wouldn’t fancy crossing the Namib desert in a ten year old one, trusting everything to a rats’ nest of plumbing, wiring, pumps, seals and sensors.

44 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

I think you’ll find it’s got air suspension and that’s the down position, as SiC said above.  For all its faults, JLR hasn’t forgotten how to build a car that works off road, at least in principle.

My worry would be about complexity and reliability.  I wouldn’t fancy crossing the Namib desert in a ten year old one, trusting everything to a rats’ nest of plumbing, wiring, pumps, seals and sensors.

Sadly they are shit, a mate has a 2019 one and compared to a twenty year old hi lux it is awful, it couldn’t even keep up with a Santa Fe ffs. A lot of that may well be down to the stupid wheels and tyres they insist on fitting from new.  And the complexity you mention would give me nightmares.