What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 8/21/2009 at 9:47 PM, trigger said:

I'm happy as I've just found a chap near me that's selling me the set of 4 BMW alloys in this picture (AutoStihl Grifo Alloys (13x6)) which all have good tyres, Plus the anti roll bar links and bushes (1602's never had them fitted as standard) and a set of lowered and uprated springs for £150 and I'm working on a deal to include the Koni Classic Adjustable Dampers that are fitted to it as well. 8)

Posted Image

Of to pick them all up tomorrow.

What became of the beemer? 

37 minutes ago, Roobarb said:

Han Solo being in the movie surprised me. 

Not me.  They seem to have contrived the whole thing to give everyone who was ever involved in the series some screen time in the final episode.  Like that completely gratuitous shot of Wicket the Ewok at the end.  Even bloody John Williams had a cameo ffs.

So the modern has been parked on the street opposite my place in Torquay for the last week. I've noticed it every time I walked the dog but that was interest.

Today we came back north so fetched it around to the house to load up and found this under the wiper.

IMG_20191231_120821.thumb.jpg.23f52e0e6edac936ff9058a476ffc522.jpg

I thought it was the usual one saying scum bags are operating in this area don't leave things on show etc.

Anyway, I was about to lob it into a bin when I opened it.

IMG_20191231_120901.thumb.jpg.e136bd8d3a4682a7e83f9ba786cc4a2d.jpg

At least they were honest, although I wonder if the got the CSI boys out!

3 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

So the modern has been parked on the street opposite my place in Torquay for the last week. I've noticed it every time I walked the dog but that was interest.

Today we came back north so fetched it around to the house to load up and found this under the wiper.

IMG_20191231_120821.thumb.jpg.23f52e0e6edac936ff9058a476ffc522.jpg

I thought it was the usual one saying scum bags are operating in this area don't leave things on show etc.

Anyway, I was about to lob it into a bin when I opened it.

IMG_20191231_120901.thumb.jpg.e136bd8d3a4682a7e83f9ba786cc4a2d.jpg

At least they were honest, although I wonder if the got the CSI boys out!

So they came within inches of a full on crash?

Could you ask perhaps a little churlishly if anyone is being charged with careless driving ?  

And demand they pay for your blind spot mirror that seems to have been knocked off. 

3 minutes ago, New POD said:

So they came within inches of a full on crash?

Could you ask perhaps a little churlishly if anyone is being charged with careless driving ?  

And demand they pay for your blind spot mirror that seems to have been knocked off.

I had thought of that, but it's a narrow road and trying to pass a vehicle going the other way involves getting as close as you can to the parked cars. I do wonder if PC Plod has been expecting a call from his boss over Xmas though.