What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Left the dashcam on in the 620 when I parked it up for work today. Was concerned that the dashboard seemed very dim when I fired it up, so used minimal electrics on the way home in case the alternator was fucked.

Pissing with rain and  all round vision terrible on the journey home this evening.

Wasn't until I was about 200 yards from home that I realised that I'd somehow located the wrong glasses from my bag and plonked them on my face. You know, clayts, the prescription sunglasses....them.

Twat.

5 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Many, many years ago, in the galaxy of 1980s, I fitted a stereo to a 3-door Marina. Somehow the choke cable got involved in the electrical circuit and started smokin...

For my first car when I was 18 I bought a sharp stereo from a catalogue , I also fitted a flashy roof aerial which obviously made the Mk3 Cortina a lady magnet.

Wired the stereo up and nothing , dead, sent it back , they sent me another , that did the same dead out of the box , must be a faulty batch.

They sent another , it was at this point I noticed the live from the interior light was touching the aerial wire , oops :D

Same bus crashes into same  hospital foyer 7 yrs apart. 

IMG_20191221_075507.thumb.jpg.2ff4328355974d1901e9bf03c16702f8.jpg

Last night

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/bus-hits-ipswich-hospital-accident-and-emergency-1-6433899

https://www.dunmowbroadcast.co.uk/news/ipswich-double-decker-bus-wedged-under-canopy-at-ipswich-hospital-1-1382938

The bus said it will happen every 7 years until legislation is passed that makes cheese moments mandatory stock in all UK pubs. 

1 hour ago, angle said:

Lanarkshire has a new gritter. 

I love the gritting lorry naming thing in Scotland.  There’s a live map showing all of them here:

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2de764a9303848ffb9a4cac0bd0b1aab

Sir Salter Scott and Plougher Of Scotland are my other favourites.

26 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

I love the gritting lorry naming thing in Scotland.  There’s a live map showing all of them here:

http://scotgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2de764a9303848ffb9a4cac0bd0b1aab

Sir Salter Scott and Plougher Of Scotland are my other favourites.

I like Spready Mercury. 

I've just been dog food shopping at Lidl, it was packed with a full car park, that wasn't the grin. It was the sight of the glamorous lady,  dressed in fur coat and hat, circling the car park in her drop-top Bentley, she had her window down and music on, Pulp's "Common People"

I've been alongside her at traffic lights before, that time the music was Shirley Bassey "I who have nothing"

I like her.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, cobblers said:

I like burgers, I'm not a snob about them, I'll eat any burger, but I do appreciate a good one, and I've found the best burgers always come from the last place you'd expect. Five guys, In'n'out  and all those "hipster" burger places are great, but the really amazing ones take you by surprise.

On sunday I drove cross country to Warrington to pick our lass up after she'd had an operation, where she couldn't eat any solids for 6 weeks after. On the way back home I was fucking starving so I popped into a Spar on the way and they had some burgers in a hot cabinet, not thinking I grabbed one and wandered back to the car where she was sat and started eating it infront of her.

This burger was the best burger I have ever had. Lovely thick patty, cooked and seasoned perfectly. Soft bun, grated quality cheese on it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Three bites in I was just about to go off on how great this burger was, but I looked over at my mrs who can only eat jelly for two months and realised I'd dropped a bit of a bollock and just had to eat the rest of it very quickly and keep quiet about how bloody amazing this burger was.

I'm trying to find an excuse to drive the 40 mile round trip for another. 

(It's Spar in Calver, S32 3XH)

I went back today! They look awful, but lord above they are good.

1478045957_2019-12-2210_28_40.thumb.jpg.15cdddbbdf2849a5772c4b59ad04be80.jpg987821414_2019-12-2210_30_25.thumb.jpg.ccc8d6aa972a34bfcf522ac4eca37077.jpg

I'm going to keep some sliced gherkins and japanese weird mayo in the van for next time.

I don't get on with my idiot sister. Every year I'm blackmailed by Ma into buying her a crapmass gift. It's good money wasted. Last year I got her a decent dashcam given how many near misses she generates. It's never been out of the box, too complicated* to fit it to the car. Hmmm....

I'm in mc poodles today, and I've got a dud tooth I've got to nurse till the end of January when I can get a dentist. So I need something easy to eat. Fish finger happy meal! Sorted.

What's this in the happy meal box? Perfect! Happy Christmas dear sister!

IMG_20191222_230430.thumb.jpg.b8d23aabc89cb063903e4827ec68587f.jpg

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

To be fair, throughout the last couple of hundred years, the Belgians have made a fair contribution to shitting on people - mostly in the Congo......

You forgot Verhofstadt a Belgian who is well known for pooping on people. ?

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

3 hours ago, Remspoor said:

You forgot Verhofstadt a Belgian who is well known for pooping on people. ?

Ah now the fella's just an opportunist.

38 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

I read that as there was a video of Verhostadt pooping, which would be a very niche form of entertainment and an unusual one to find on the BBC.