What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 minutes ago, Tayne said:

Surely you need some sort of reflector fitting for that?

I’ve been inside a lighthouse and it had an 85watt bulb inside a 3.5 meter mirrored reflector.

for maximum death ray indeed a reflector would be required

but its the sort of lamp thats so bright, that even without any reflector im pretty sure it would light up most of the ground outside

(and most of the sky probably!)

the 2000W lamp I have pictured is best suited to flood lighting, so with the right wide beam reflector indeed I could light up and impressive amount of area I imagine!

but if I was building a silly bright focused beam setup, id use a lamp with a compact arc tube to get a better focal point in the reflector

something like this :)

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec Sheets/D MHS Thorn CSI1000.htm

I just picked up a junk email.  Not spam, notice; just an email from a finance company I once used, offering me more finance that I don't wish to take on.  The opening line, visible in my email browser, was "Drive the car of your dreams..."

1962929158_Camdump1346.thumb.jpg.65a222527193ee5d2af5a65d716d0edd.jpg

They don't know me very well, do they?

Had a pretty epic game of 'traffic light reverse Grand Prix' the other night with some tit who'd been tailgating me. He got in the right hand lane at the lights, so I kept revving my car up, staring at him and inching forward. As soon as the lights changed he was off like a bat out of hell and I just moved off as slowly as possible.  It made me feel better anyhow.

I had a trickling washer jet on the Scirocco, so armed with a needle I went out to unblock it, only to find that it wasn't blocked, fluid was a bit low. I topped it up, but just before closing the bonnet, I saw what looked like a bit of a kink in the washer hose thing. I gave it the slightest of slight tugs & the fucking thing turned out to be as brittle as a brittle thing and snapped spectacularly. Rather than grump about it, I am thrilled with the veritable fountain of water that now erupts from the bonnet/scuttle vents. I'll get replacement hose tomorrow.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Tescos was rammed but I still managed this week shopping. Not looking forward to next week though.b61cc72569cd68ea4eb6e2478eba0820.jpg629f04efe3fd82daaf917977298f7e19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My local wine merchant does a very good deal on spirits, if bought by the case, which also avoids the awkwardness at the till in Tesco.

"Are you having a party?" "No, I'm an alcoholic"

Not sure if this is a 'grin' or a 'relief'...

A while ago I invested some dosh in a 'Kickstarter' project. Watches of course (what else would it be?) and was all excited. Anyway, all has been great: lots of progress, updates and reports. But, estimated delivery was the begining of December and I realised I hadn't heard anything for a while. My basic and inherant distrust of anyone (especially those with MY money!) went into overdrive.

Turns out it was the 'Kickstarter' site itself they were sending e-mails but they were bouncing back as somone, somewhere had changed one digit in my address. On the actual site for the watches, updates a plenty and deliveries should commence this week. I missed weeks of excitement because of this.

However, it is so long ago I got involved, I have sort of lost interest! In fact, I have pretty much lost interest in watches entirely, still got a load but seem to have settled into just wearing the one I am cirrently, wearing.

Customer today under his car outside and brings in a knackerd exhaust rubber from his clapped out taxi. 

I order in a replacement for him to collect later.

Shortly after he leaves go out side to see old exhaust rubber and associated old cable ties dumped on the road where the taxi was parked. 

He returns to collect his new rubber, I hand him it and his old one and tell him to not dump his shit outside the shop. 

33 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Shame they ran out of decent whisky though. ?

If you're mixing it with coke or ginger beer, or (not done since 1986 by me) white wine, any cheap shit will do. Or Grants if you can't get any cheap shit. 

9 hours ago, New POD said:

If you're mixing it with coke or ginger beer, or (not done since 1986 by me) white wine, any cheap shit will do. Or Grants if you can't get any cheap shit. 

Grants is the best of the blended stuff. They make Balvenie which is my favourite malt. Tescos currently have Auchentoshan for £20 a bottle. They have all the common spirits for £16 a litre so I'm stocking up.