What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 12/10/2019 at 8:11 PM, iainrcz said:

We're away in Manchester for a few nights.

Reasonably pleasant trip over, despite the rain. Not to mention the wanker who was driving like a massive cock behind me so I pulled over to let him pass.

Had my belly filled and a few beers, we've decided it's bed time already.

Bonus points to the Mrs for packing some hot chocolate.

God we're fucking ravers.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

We're just on the train going to manchester tdress o see jesse Marchant at the castle hotel 

A woman in a party dress with massive tits the dress is struggling to hold in has sat opposite me 

I'm typing this to stop me looking at them 

6 minutes ago, Wack said:

We're just on the train going to manchester tdress o see jesse Marchant at the castle hotel 

A woman in a party dress with massive tits the dress is struggling to hold in has sat opposite me 

Pictures.

You can’t type something like that without attaching pictures. 

Enjoy the evening. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed jesse Marchant , immensely talented, 25 people there 5 of which were family  I think 

Illusion of love is a brilliant album 

One twat knocked a pint of beer off a shelf though , not that I'd know anything about that obviously ?

20191212_224436.jpg

Seeing the results of my fuel injection conversion on the Lada in actual black and white data.

Getting this car through the emissions tests back with the carb was always a nightmare - scraped through its last one with it on 0.297% CO.

Today?  0.093%...That's more like it!

IMG_20191213_115635.thumb.jpg.a74dc1a3f6d5e5f8694e3336d8805967.jpg

Ignore the failed first test, the cat is a long way back in the system on this car so it takes quite a while to get it up to operating temperature.  Lambda is slightly high on account of a slight exhaust leak.

Last year's test wasn't great because I was still chasing down a vacuum leak which was throwing the fuelling off a bit, so this is the first time I've seen proper data to show how well it actually works.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:55 AM, barefoot said:

I was first customer into the Loughborough branch of Nat West this morning....

Just finished an ADW and realised that I'd forgotten to tell you about the reason for my visit to the branch. I realised that my 'savings' ac was paying 0.0001% so rang up to close it & open something better, but apparently you can't do it over the phone, nor can you do it on line, you have to do it in branch. Katie apparently wasn't qualified to assist me - I'd have let her have a bloody good try - so I was sent to Natalie who clearly didn't like the look of me from the start. Admittedly, I'm a bit scruffy, unshod & yesterday I was carrying five unmarked poly bags of veg from the market. She actually told me to put 'my belongings' down over there! Turned out she wasn't qualified either and gave me a look of pure hatred whan I asked her to open an account, 'execution only'. Apparently you now need to be trained how to complete an application form for a product when someone specifically asks for that product. Suddenly the senior advisor who'd been too busy to see me was free & he sorted things out. Although when he told me that a standing order & a direct debit were exactly the same & I queried it with him, he too sped up massively.

Don't judge a book by the cover you fuckers.

Incidentally Katie, although very attractive, is young enough to be my daughter and I'd just like to emphasise that anything that I may have said was in blokey style jest, I really don't need to find my way to the sex offender's register via a complaint about humerous comments on a motoring forum.

I was on the radio this afternoon, singing live!

I went in to do a little publicity for our Writers' Group event that's happening tomorrow (at the Dock Museum in Barrow, if you're around...) and was having a lovely chat with the presenter on-air.  Between segments she asked if I had a sample I could read her, so I explained what I'd brought, which is (I think) a humorous take on a carol: "I Saw Three Ships."  I read out the first verse, not wanting to give the ending away, and when you have a piece like that, you just can't help singing it...

If anyone wants to check out the podcast, it's Mai Harrison's show on CanDo FM which is a very local station.

Earlier today, at Carers' Group, I was given a set of PG Wodehouse books.  Now I love Jeeves and Wooster, it's a world I could happily inhabit, so these might be just the thing to restart my reading and (hopefully) in turn restart my writing.  I actually have a project in mind that includes these characters!  I just haven't written any of it yet.

20191213_213543.thumb.jpg.f6e7a80e23f405a010b7ca02af994196.jpg

Working on tidying up the workshop that's adjoined to the garage. Some reclaimed cypress tongue and groove flooring to complete the back wall, some random plywood and some really tatty reclaimed wood paneling (think seventies car dealership trailer office) for the roof. Need to get some more paneling to finish up then batten around the edges to seal it all in.

It smells exactly like it looks too

Phil

6 hours ago, PhilA said:

20191213_213543.thumb.jpg.f6e7a80e23f405a010b7ca02af994196.jpg

Working on tidying up the workshop that's adjoined to the garage. Some reclaimed cypress tongue and groove flooring to complete the back wall, some random plywood and some really tatty reclaimed wood paneling (think seventies car dealership trailer office) for the roof. Need to get some more paneling to finish up then batten around the edges to seal it all in.

It smells exactly like it looks too

Phil

i'm more concerned by that cheap god awful residential shop light installed there!

I highly recommend replacing it with something that actually contains half decent somewhat full power ballasts!

(preferably from the 1970's to match the rest of it :)

16 minutes ago, SiC said:

There is GE bulbs fitted though. 

which will sadly get murdered by the cheap ballasts,

looking at the end I THINK this might be one that's electronically ballasted, which is a tiny bit better then their previous attempts, which contained an anemic Magnetic ballast, which was an undersized choke, a shunt capacitor, and an electronic "starter" that was more at home as a HID ignitor then as a fluorescent tube starter, all of this while driving the tube at something miserable like 270Ma, (compared to the 430Ma an F40T12 is supposed to be run at

and not even providing cathode heating, so the tubes die an early death due to being under run so much (let alone from the brutal starting of the sidac based electronic starter)

for the land of big powerful V8s etc, its always amusing just difficult/hard it can be in the US to find a fluorescent ballast that actually drives a tube at full power, at least most are rapid start, so the heating transformer keeps the cathodes up to temperature regardless of the low arc current, but the tubes still will be much dimmer then they should be!

(although to be fair because they are rapid start with continuous cathode heating is what let the ballast/light manufacturers cheap out and under run the tubes)

but it got so bad especially in the residential side of things, that tube makers were forced to released 25W F40T12's with undersized cathodes, that would actually be driven properly on the residential ballasts

and to finish this rant post off the amusing thing is the above shop light is made by a company called "lights of america", they are anything but LOL