What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Degassing the RTV silicone for things like this:

moulds.jpg

you can see the bubbles in the mould.

Inturn degassing the resin cast from the moulds to make bits and bobs for these:

sandbags2.jpg

The figures 15mm high... :lol: Oh and i made those sandbags by hand too.

Just a kitchen table enterprise. :lol:

Oh, excellent! My Mrs. makes minature models... :lol:

I'm sort of glad you arn't making crack, actually...

you dont need expensive equipment to make crack

just a bolivian uncle and a microwave

like the models - 15mm figures - is that OO scale?

Hey, here's a thought (re your vessel size dilemma).. vacuum never exceeds 1bar, so you don't need pressure bottle type specs. Pub bottle is total overkill! the ebay thing looks like a piece of pipe mig welded to a flat plate. I can do that for you (in fact, pretty much anyone with a welder and some skill can)

You're quick to complain about tossers asking daft questions about the car you're selling, but then you go on his FS thread and laugh his asking price outta town.

Actually, I'm complaining (in the grumpy man thread) about people showing interest in my car and then disappearing.

Now can you please stop policing the shit people post on forums, it's completely unnecessary. :wink:

Digging through some old pictures on my computer just now and found these from a couple of off-roading days I did.

Geezer was told not to venture round this part of the course in a standard ride Freelander when he didn't know what he was doing. LISTENING FAIL...

4x4day09122007002.jpg

I think he'd been there like ten minutes when it happened and he also stalled and subsequently tried to re-start it when it was partialy submerged. Last seen being towed to the end of the road waiting for the RAC.

This lad was funnier though. Hellbent on going everywhere in his Trooper(?) and didn't seem to care what happened. It was piss funny when he got stuck here, he was up to his knees in water inside the car and when he opened the door his fag papers, pop bottle, lighter fuel and various other tat just floated away :lol:

submergedJap4x4.jpg

tryingtorescueJap4x4.jpg

FLOODEDSCOUSERSJEEPa.jpg

Seem to recall he drove away from this and carried on like a loon.

submergedJap4x4.jpg

I did something similar in the 2cv one year on the way back to uni. There were floods and most people were turning round, but I had no fuel gauge, no idea how much petrol I had, had been driving for three hours and only had 20mins drive left and no idea of an alternative route (no map book).

I was the only non-4x4 in the queue not to turn round. The water came into the car with such force and in such a wave that I thought the lower bulkhead (prone to rust on 2cvs) had failed. The water came up to my knees and wet the seat (it wasn't me honest), steam filled the cockpit and I thought it was the end!

I was so thrilled to have made it through (and had only just passed my test) that it completely slipped my mind to test the brakes :shock:

It wasn't long til I caught up with the 4x4s at the next -thankfully shallower- flood. The brakes stopped being noisy and started working with only inches to spare! The extreme close up of the back of the car in front means I will never forget my brakes again! :o

Got to uni and had to try and look natural with a wet bum and 6inches wet trouser legs.

Hey, here's a thought (re your vessel size dilemma).. vacuum never exceeds 1bar, so you don't need pressure bottle type specs. Pub bottle is total overkill! the ebay thing looks like a piece of pipe mig welded to a flat plate. I can do that for you (in fact, pretty much anyone with a welder and some skill can)

I was just using what i could get for free. :oops:

An old cookery stock pot would be about right I think sizewise once I've got this working. :)

I was just using what i could get for free. :oops:

An old cookery stock pot would be about right I think sizewise once I've got this working. :)

How about a pressure cooker? Then you get a sealing lid and a pipe fittiing for free...

Sorted out a new unit today for t'business. Slightly cheaper, loads better and the icing on the cake is that a few of the other units are used for classic car storage - one opposite has a very tidy looking Ford Pop, MG 1100 / 1300 and Lotus Elise in it.

Happy days :D

^ I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

I've been grinning like a mad thing this afternoon because I've rediscovered what a good guitar the fender stratocaster really is. After about a year of various gibsons, acoustics and mandolins I got the old strat out of the wardrobe and had a damn good play with it. yay.

PS. Mrs S has a new tapestry she's doing, so I didn't get disturbed at all. Double yay.

My mate and I missing the last train from Keighley to Bingley on Friday night. Surely this should be on the grumpy thread? No, it was our own fault, we spent too much time looking around the cab of the 25 that had just brought us back from the KWVR beer festival!