What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

For me, there is no car, no engine that makes a nicer noise. :)

8)

I got a book out of the library about the 2CV - very interesting read. :) I had a 2CV fixation when I was about 11 or 12.

I still couldn't quite understand why the 2CV was re-introduced into the UK market in 1974 when the Dyane shared the same engine. I also preferred the look of the Dyane as well.

Hey don't complain next time you get some nobhead wasting your time about the Astra!

Not sure what you mean.

You're quick to complain about tossers asking daft questions about the car you're selling, but then you go on his FS thread and laugh his asking price outta town.

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/1448464/to ... campervan/

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I really need to go and see this and it's 'unique' awesomeness. Oh and it's 'well kitted out' which in layman's terms means it has a sink, a crap telly with some bare wires running from it and a couple of old beds no-more-nails-ded to the floor.

The big selling point for me though would be the overspray on the door locks and fuel cap.

I raise 2CVs at Spa with this...

... extra shite points for the 5-speed racing column gearchange! Had a '76 Tourist which was sadly stolen, a thoroughly entertaining and truely horrifying car to drive all at the same time... might go get another one... !

Had a '76 Tourist which was sadly stolen, a thoroughly entertaining and truely horrifying car to drive all at the same time... might go get another one... !

Oh you've got to get another! Fantastic machines when on song, I had the ex Nick Larkin(pc days) 353s and a 57 311 (YFF 416 where are you now?). Like chalk and cheese but both screamingly good fun.

Cheeky rascals. :lol:

It's my version of this:

4d_1.jpg

Which is on ebay for a stupendous £1042.23 :shock:

So far mine's cost me £102.71 half of which was for the vacuum pump.

And a bit of time annoying the neighbours cutting up a calor gas bottle - can't get rid of the smell they add to gas so discarded, then a stainless beer barrel fished out of a hedge by my neighbour which is far too big so the third "flask" is a pub co2 bottle which is a little small but will do for now to see if it works ok. I've some bigger diameter bottles I can collect tomorrow for free which would be better. :D