What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Accidental clickage of the subtitles button on a Bus Grease Monkey vid got me this gem.  It's not even close to what they were saying.  Also, every time the bus made jangling rattling old empty bus noises it was captioned [Music] and I'm not going to dispute that at all.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.351ab78c5280a852691a7199fdcf1418.jpg

6 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

OK, who was it?

21E43331-3EAA-4F68-B997-DFBD94D669D1.jpeg

I've driven dropside pickups for 30 years , if the moron had put the front bags behind the rear bags he's still have been 3x overweight but his truck wouldn't be snapped in half.

I know a guy that always insisted the load was against the bulkhead to stop it moving , until vosa stopped him and his front axle was 2x overloaded , can't remember what the fine was but it was a lot.

I got done in a transit on the m6 when I was working in Birmingham about 20 years ago. I got fined £1 per kilo over. £540 iirc.

A transit can carry surprisingly little (1.1 ton). Loaded up with tool, pipe and ladders etc. I would say I'm overloaded all the time.

5 minutes ago, jamiechod said:

Just trading the wifes tt in I bought her about a month ago because she's moaning it's Shit on fuel so getting her a Honda civic diesel. 

This civic vti in the main dealer show room is the grin tho shame its wearing landsails all round 

IMG_20191129_113845.jpg

Wonder if it had badly perished old tyres on when they acquired it and they just chucked a set of budgets on given its not going anywhere in a hurry!

Looks amazing. 

8 hours ago, jamiechod said:

Just trading the wifes tt in I bought her about a month ago because she's moaning it's Shit on fuel so getting her a Honda civic diesel. 

This civic vti in the main dealer show room is the grin tho shame its wearing landsails all round 

IMG_20191129_113845.jpg

my first car was a civic, I loved that little car

CNV00024.jpg.0855a37357caa25983c691644ec59632.jpg

did the blue one have a price on it ? 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

I thought this was a joke but it's an actual thing , no fucking about in the snow hitting the starter with a hammer for today's kids

PCP on a new audi and computer games instead 

I did search for this image as a 'humorous' response to the above post.

However, I'd not noticed before, the engine is probably totally fucked as a result of the massive torque exerted upon it by being started by that tank battery. 

ghCzIyf_d.thumb.jpg.5d9b9c6fe33c529e5b5672cad0466ba3.jpg

* and obviously the massive starter which would draw that torque. Apologies in advance to anyone who actually knows about this stuff-I don't. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

After Last years travesty, worse even than the Brexit vote debacle, sense has finally been seen and the walnut reinstated in its rightful place on top of the whip. Bloody nice they are too.

You do realise that they have both been available all the time, the proper one and one for the nutless. Personally I'd be happy with the walnut and they can keep the chocolate with sickly filling.

36 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

You do realise that they have both been available all the time, the proper one and one for the nutless. Personally I'd be happy with the walnut and they can keep the chocolate with sickly filling.

Not in Morrisons they haven’t! And pretty sure they pulled the walnut as remember reading the morons saying how it was the end of the world. It wasn’t, but close.

38 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Much as I hate quoting the Torygraph, they were removed in 2017

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/16/walnot-whip-nestle-removes-nut-new-walnut-whips-ingredient-price/

6 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

And if you read the article it does say that both were still available, it was to give customers a choice, available singly all the time and in a six pack at Christmas.

Quite.  

And astonishingly, the Telegraph didn’t blame it on Jean-Claude Junkers.  Opportunity missed there, I’d say.

I’m sure they used to have a second walnut inside at the bottom when I was small. But I could be imagining that.

Summary: there were more nuts in confectionery years ago. The reverse is true of the Telegraph.

1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

And if you read the article it does say that both were still available, it was to give customers a choice, available singly all the time and in a six pack at Christmas.

Singly? What fucking use is that? They are back to stay in ten packs, anything less is a travesty, as previously stated.

was looking at how to change plugs on bike and find out how long the intervals were

saw on a yootoob vid - iridium - here 14 quid each from fleabay

guaranteed more from honda for same thing

cross reffed them and denso equiv - 5 each

never put irid plugs in anything - interval on this bike is 32k - bike is on 14

madness :D