What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

It's only a little better than what I'm on now, as it's an entry-level position - product manager as opposed to procurement manager. But it's a big step to regaining the confidence I used to have. ?

Entry-level position <> job title with manager in it; does not compute. Conclusion HR "managers" should be fired into the sun. What was wrong with job titles that actually tell folk what you do? The above appear to be sales and purchasing. Well done with the job though.

Currently in talks about buying this. I've sent him the details and pictures of the saab. Providing he doesn't take the piss with a px value, it could well be mine.

These photos are the right way up in my phone btw.
Any help appreciated48a232881de09ffb47f5ab9d01f2685b.jpg622b80dd7bdf122ad6d3946ac3ae3ed5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Currently in talks about buying this. I've sent him the details and pictures of the saab. Providing he doesn't take the piss with a px value, it could well be mine.

These photos are the right way up in my phone btw.
Any help appreciated

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Haha,I have just put that in the E-bay thread..

He offered £600 for the saab. Not enough really. Vel satis has had a full service and all the belts done. It will also come with a 12 month warranty.
As long as it covers the electronic handbrake... I think that has been the biggest source of spending on the forum one.

Some years ago, an elderly distant relative was ripped off by a local bloke masquerading as a 'lay preacher'.

I had to become involved, I contacted the police & the church, chap was discredited and moved on. I've been making old folk aware of his game ever since. He & his wife have always pcp'd their cars and run them on a couple of cheap private plates. Since the church actually took him on as a lay preacher and threw him out shortly afterwards, he's been pretending to be a roofer & a builder in a Mazda pick up & then a Transit. She's been doing cut price dog walking in a Mitsubishi SUV. Much to my amusement it appears that they've finally run out of equity with their latest brace of cars. She had a new Mazda 6, which suddenly became his after a numberplate swap, and bugger me, she's now in a ten year old Freelander with 100,000 miles.

Starve at Christmas you crooked pair of fuckers!

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

Some years ago, an elderly distant relative was ripped off by a local bloke masquerading as a 'lay preacher'....

This is more common than we think, and it particularly affects the African and AfroCaribbean community who follow what might be called "charismatic Christianity", generally the energetic efforts of a "pastor" (who happens to be the head of the church) or a small number of such pastors.

Money donated to the Church tends to end up funding the pastor's lifestyle. See recent scandal involving SPACNation, for example. 

Went to change air filter in the SooZooKey of much smollness, it appears to be very very new.

Oil on dipstick very golden coloured as well.

That’s one job saved til after xmas. Supposed to be nice on saturday, so I’ll do the brakes and possibly the CV joint.

So this afternoon I did some gardening instead.