What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Wack said:

There is more to this , it used to belong to Wellingborough Zoo one of the keepers took it home with him

https://youtu.be/7cnchljaCec

I did wonder what the story was, because the timescale was right for it to have been Fenella, the Holmfirth tiger. Wrong markings though.

image.png.cfc26a7695556c6e3e0a565b43f50c9f.png

If you get chance, do read the book. If nothing else it proves that truth is surely stranger than fiction.

3 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Unless, of course, the 9th rolls around and the solicitors decide it has to be another two weeks and then, because of seasonal disruptions, it actually can't be, and the whole thing rumbles on into next year. 

When do you exchange contracts? Usually there is a two week period from exchanging contracts till competition. Completion is when you collect the keys and move in. 

Once you exchange contracts, the dates for completion is fixed in stone. No way for anyone to back out, without legal ramifications. 

4 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Finally been given a date that we're supposed to be getting the keys to the new house, predictably in two weeks' time, it's the 9th of December.  So the 14th of December is likely my actual moving date and I imagine that's going to be all sorts of fun getting a van for.

Unless, of course, the 9th rolls around and the solicitors decide it has to be another two weeks and then, because of seasonal disruptions, it actually can't be, and the whole thing rumbles on into next year.  This scenario is what I'm actually expecting.  Still, I'm supposed to be optimistic about this and this is the grin thread so yay, moving house finally I guess.

Moved into my current house on Friday 13th December, 1991. As this year there's a Friday 13th December that's 28 years. Hope everything goes well, you could always suggest the 13th......

Exchanged and completed simultaneously on my house at 4:30pm on Thursday 20th Dec 2018 - half an hour before everyone that had anything to do with the process fucked off on holiday until after the new year + with a mortgage offer expiring before they returned. 

Never experienced stress like it. 

After I managed to reinvigorate the ignition coil on the 214 yesterday, naturally I had already ordered a replacement. Ah well, one for the spares department then.

Ebay seller messages me this morning to advise out of stock so he's cancelled the order. Win win.

I'd applied for a job internally within the company I work for about a month ago. Better money (slightly) and better prospects...

Fast forward to today. I was offered the job. Turned down the first salary offer and accepted the second. (Well, the job is in procurement, I needed to be able to negotiate!) 

It's only a little better than what I'm on now, as it's an entry-level position - product manager as opposed to procurement manager. But it's a big step to regaining the confidence I used to have. ?

ust been chatting to Kyle (my son) on the bloody Facebook message thing, I HATE Facebook (and it makes my laptop crash) but the message thing is so useful for talking to him. Anyhoo... we have been chatting about the state of the piss thin brown liquid in his car which it turned out was the oil I have been looking at vaccum oil extractor pumps, for him as well as me. While I dithered about buying myself one I didn't dither for long about buying him one as his oil needs changing about 10 thousand miles ago!

He's threatening to buy me one as well, bloody cheek, making my mind up for me like that!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9L-Oil-Suction-Fluid-Liquid-Extractor-Engine-Removal-Transfer-Vacuum-Hand-Pump/283682077508?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3D465a42c4b2c2482682691c18361651b5%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D233284720044%26itm%3D283682077508%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2334524&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

Only £25 delivered!

56 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I'd applied for a job internally within the company I work for about a month ago. Better money (slightly) and better prospects...

Fast forward to today. I was offered the job. Turned down the first salary offer and accepted the second. (Well, the job is in procurement, I needed to be able to negotiate!) 

It's only a little better than what I'm on now, as it's an entry-level position - product manager as opposed to procurement manager. But it's a big step to regaining the confidence I used to have. ?

Well done!

On 11/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, Wack said:

This just appeared on faceache 

1944 to cheer the children up they bought a tame lioness to a children's hospital ward 

Here you go son put your hand near the lions mouth 

That's horrific, shame it didn't eat the wanker who tamed it.

Finally I get to sleep in my own bed, the first time in two weeks. 

Living in hotels in foreign countries is way over rated.

Tried to kill some time on Sunday, so after a long walk, I walked to the cinema. I knew it was going to be iffy seeing a bunch of unhappy parents walking towards me with a (*insert whatever a group of would be 6 yr old princesses is*) all high on sugary snacks and slurpy things. 

Got to the screens list:

Screen 1. Frozen 2

Screen 2. Frozen 2

Screen 3. Frozen 2 

And screen 4? Yep, Frozen 2.

Watching Frozen in a room full of 6 yr old (questionably continent) Princesses and aggravated parents, all in GERMAN... well, you can imagine I went back to the hotel!

So good to be home :)