What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

18 hours ago, cobblers said:

There's a Burger King in Chesterfield, and it's literally just an old Little Chef with a Burger King sign on. All the interior still has little chef seats, carpets and decoration etc. It's rough as arsehole. It's a shame cos I do like a whopper now and again.

image.thumb.png.1b2c4b8b4b8902ed852fdba159e2d7ab.png

Make sure to use the app , a whopper meal is regularly £3.99 

18 hours ago, Snipes said:

There's  a Wimpy in Farnborough. I was in the area for work last autumn and recently went back for a weekend and the a Wimpy is still there.

One in Aldershot too,although it's not a separate shop,but is the food court inside the shopping centre.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:06 PM, snagglepuss said:

Been back for years. Only normally Graham ..  

It was a Sunday of Stourbridge finest - pwei, neds and stuffies.

Highlights of weekend include the legends that are the Sultans of ping, sice, Jim Bob, Tony Wright (including flogging me vinyl from his car boot (Corsa for those that care)) and the wedding present

Disappointed by Bob Mould, cast, lighting seeds and Babybird.

I now seem to have misplaced my jumper

Wow, I haven't seen the Sultans of Ping since their support act was Radiohead.

I posted over on the Open Forum about the struggle I was having, learning my script for the play.  Well now it's a Grin.  We've finished the run and nobody (especially me) made any glaring mistakes, and the audiences of over 100 every night loved us.  I'm knackered now because I went to the after-show party.

I had misgivings about that, and was only planning to stay for an hour or so, but I got talking to a friend of one of the cast.  Until 3.30am!  No wonder I'm knackered!  It was like we had our own little corner and never even noticed the others leaving.

Finally been given a date that we're supposed to be getting the keys to the new house, predictably in two weeks' time, it's the 9th of December.  So the 14th of December is likely my actual moving date and I imagine that's going to be all sorts of fun getting a van for.

Unless, of course, the 9th rolls around and the solicitors decide it has to be another two weeks and then, because of seasonal disruptions, it actually can't be, and the whole thing rumbles on into next year.  This scenario is what I'm actually expecting.  Still, I'm supposed to be optimistic about this and this is the grin thread so yay, moving house finally I guess.

16 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

I imagine that's going to be all sorts of fun getting a van for.

im not sure if this is any good for you given how frequently things change for you

but would it be possible to prebook the van in advance? or let them know your coming around that date so they can have a van free for you?

failing that, embrace your true inner shitter, and buy some shonky old van off ebay or something :) 

On 11/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, Wack said:

This just appeared on faceache 

1944 to cheer the children up they bought a tame lioness to a children's hospital ward 

Here you go son put your hand near the lions mouth 

Screenshot_20191122-192403_Facebook.jpg

There is more to this , it used to belong to Wellingborough Zoo one of the keepers took it home with him

https://youtu.be/7cnchljaCec