What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 11/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, MarvinsMom said:

Yes, it's Catsinthehoover. 

19 hours ago, Quintus said:

Decided to have a look around online for Japanese imports and came across this gem of an advert -

https://www.thecarwarehouse.co.uk/vehicle/475/honda-vamos

Want to emphasise the diminutive proportions of an A-Team lookalike microvan? Then what better way to do it than by crudely photoshopping some A-Team dwarves onto the advert. Not sure if the price is a joke too.

They've got some interesting stuff though, including this -

https://www.thecarwarehouse.co.uk/vehicle/567/rover-827

And this.   https://www.thecarwarehouse.co.uk/vehicle/874/toyota-hi-ace

image.thumb.png.b088459e754d606c3761cb5214e8db52.png

I found a kenwood chef at the side of the road the other day. Tonight we made a sponge cake

IMG_20191117_162735.thumb.jpg.49690bd722cd56e9c81cd8028064e530.jpg

IMG_20191117_163510.thumb.jpg.95ddf356963551195492f988b900981a.jpg

IMG_20191117_163823.thumb.jpg.fcd27ac718286ec786cb3fcd9fe559a0.jpg

IMG_20191117_171127.thumb.jpg.8d592cccda26bea2052e6c935d739e96.jpg

Had been sat in the corner of the work car park for weeks. Was very random. Had it home last week and checked it and cleaned it etc, then I bought cookery stuff and we tried it tonight! It's missing the rubber mat under the bowl and the dough hook doesn't stay in properly, but bar that it's grand! 

I found a kenwood chef at the side of the road the other day. Tonight we made a sponge cake
IMG_20191117_162735.thumb.jpg.49690bd722cd56e9c81cd8028064e530.jpg
IMG_20191117_163510.thumb.jpg.95ddf356963551195492f988b900981a.jpg
IMG_20191117_163823.thumb.jpg.fcd27ac718286ec786cb3fcd9fe559a0.jpg
IMG_20191117_171127.thumb.jpg.8d592cccda26bea2052e6c935d739e96.jpg
Had been sat in the corner of the work car park for weeks. Was very random. Had it home last week and checked it and cleaned it etc, then I bought cookery stuff and we tried it tonight! It's missing the rubber mat under the bowl and the dough hook doesn't stay in properly, but bar that it's grand! 
Indestructible bits of kit, wouldn't be without ours, Mum replaced her with one of the new fangled triangular ones which was awful.

Think I've got a spare ally plate that goes under the bowl if you want it?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, HMC said:

Realised again how relaxing a low performance vehicle is. No temptation to try and overtake; because I can’t. Just go with the flow....

447191A8-D5AA-43C2-B3AB-D8580A4DBAAF.thumb.jpeg.0ca16038ca11488ad4520480f836ae83.jpeg

What is general cruising speed in this?  Same engine as my T1 (but far better aerodynamic properties), which will pretty happily sit at 70 unless you're dealing with a hill or strong headwind.  Like driving north on Thursday...

Never ceases to surprise me how often I still find myself being held up by the general flow of traffic on the open road rather than the other way about...

1 hour ago, loserone said:

I might have a spare rubber from ours, we actually chucked it out as the gearbox and motor were fucked and it had been hand painted.

If you're ever up this way you can have the stainless steel bowl from it, but I'll post the rubber mat

Oooh yes please to the mat! Won't need the bowl, a stainless one would be good for light fluid jobs on the car I imagine though... 

Well that just broke me, in a good way.

Just in a room with probably a hundred people belting out Country Roads.

Not sure why, but that's a song which has a huge emotional impact on me whenever I hear it live...at least in that many people nobody can hear how tone deaf I am while I'm singing along...

Today I left work early, got in my C*rsa and tooled down the high street with Brand New Heavies blaring out at eleventy dB. I stopped outside the record shop and spent 20 minutes buying old vinyl which I shall be playing on my 70s Sanyo music system later on. Once home, I changed into some nice 34" jeans and am currently waiting for my Mum to cook dinner.

I am literally 18 again. 8)

But bald. :sad:

47 minutes ago, MrDuke said:

Today I left work early, got in my C*rsa and tooled down the high street with Brand New Heavies blaring out at eleventy dB. I stopped outside the record shop and spent 20 minutes buying old vinyl which I shall be playing on my 70s Sanyo music system later on. Once home, I changed into some nice 34" jeans and am currently waiting for my Mum to cook dinner.

I am literally 18 again. 8)

But bald. :sad:

Don't worry about the hair bit, now you have a Corsa you'll be knee deep in MILF.

I got my first Christmas present today, a calendar. Friend has done all the photography for it  (dogs home/rescue/rehab centre) free of charge and so ordered a few for loved ones. They charged him a tenner a time for them even though he drove out to their premises multiple times and spent hours getting dogs to pose/sit still/look photgenic and then sorted out prints, organised printer and got the whole job done for them all for the grand sum of zero. Zilch. Nada.

I know it's a charidee etc but seems a bit unfair to charge the bloke full price when he has effectively already paid for the whole run!

Just returned home from a works trip to North Wales, with 3 colleagues in a rented Ford S-Max. A top of the range thing with a diesel engine and automatic gearbox - the Ford version of the VW DSG box. And you'll never guess what happened... 

It lost loads of power going up a hill in the middle of nowhere in North Wales, the gearbox started hunting around but we crept over the brow, and somehow managed to coax it another 100 miles home. Maybe turning it off and on again would have sorted it, but maybe it wouldn't, and I didn't fancy risking it with three colleagues in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, the point is this: IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM ?

^And if you don't like the Poppies that's your tough luck'. Have they reformed (again) then ?

Been back for years. Only normally Graham ..  

It was a Sunday of Stourbridge finest - pwei, neds and stuffies.

Highlights of weekend include the legends that are the Sultans of ping, sice, Jim Bob, Tony Wright (including flogging me vinyl from his car boot (Corsa for those that care)) and the wedding present

Disappointed by Bob Mould, cast, lighting seeds and Babybird.

I now seem to have misplaced my jumper