What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

There's a lad lives a few doors down the road from me has a Rover 25 (currently not MOT'd) and an MX5 with a homebuilt super charger conversion.

He was struggling with starting the MX5 today, seems like a lazy alternator leading to a weak battery. I gave him a jump start and offered the loan of my trickle charger. It's nice to be able to help a fellow home tinkerer in their time of need.

4 hours ago, xtriple said:

Grin?

As I 'may' have a visit from Autoshite 'Royalty' at some point in the not to distant future I thought I'd better make a start on the epic clean up of the hovel so I dusted.

Well, I say 'dusted' but I mean re-distributed some dog hair around, but only on the tv stand and the coffee table. Don't want to over do things do you?

:) 

I was at the funeral of Roger Bradford a few years ago - he is bound to have been known by some on here.

The lady giving the eulogy was a close friend so knew him well, mentioned his cleaning regime.  Which was minimal.

"After three years nobody can see any difference"

53 minutes ago, Wack said:

Opening the fridge door to see most of the contents still there, opening a cupboard to see clean glasses waiting to be used, dishwasher only on twice a week, washing basket not bursting at the seams.

Yes I think you can guess, both of my children are at University

Change the locks and book a cruise the week before Christmas...? 

The BBC has amused me today with the article on Labour being subjected to some sort of cyber attack and the campaign tools website being broken by too many users.

At the bottom of the article is the login link for the world and dog to click on.

Yeah, that will help!

Had a job interview this morning which went 1000% better than the last one which was torture..

Also had a PPI/ Plevin payout, not huge but thinking of treating myself to a few tools or more likely a weekend away with Mrs FL..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Today just gets better and better, Smollest has just called and let me know he's got a job, working in the Screwfix warehouse.. great news for him, just what he needs, get some money & some self belief after the education system has failed him spectacularly...

Hopefully I've just secured a lock up in quite a nice area, just a few miles from my house for £50pm. 

Might lob the Porsche in there for winter assuming it's not going to sell and worry about it in the summer instead. Or I might even keep it if I have the room?

This will mean I'm after a winter beater though, which I'm looking forward to buying.

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Today just gets better and better, Smollest has just called and let me know he's got a job, working in the Screwfix warehouse.. great news for him, just what he needs, get some money & some self belief after the education system has failed him spectacularly...

Staff discount?

2 hours ago, loserone said:

Sadly, it's way out of my price range as I've not sold the Porsche. :( 

I'm looking at a few hundred quid. I might go crazy though, you never know as I would LOVE that so expect a weird nonsensical email asking to make a bank transfer at approx 1am on Saturday morning