What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, barmatt said:

Liked and subscribed.

I'm sure fellow shiters could bump the numbers up a bit more.

Ah I don't like to ask on here, it's not cricket. I got a bit of help to hit 1k a while back when they changed the rules when I was at 960ish, but that's it

Its such a niche subject it's nice to just see it grow. Its why I do videos on old obscure shit that gets maybe 1000 views in 6 months, and the dyson repair stuff, like the last minute v10 stripdown video I did that I thought was pretty terrible but it's on nearly 20k views in 2 months! 

But a but of free exposure to strangers, fine by me! I got the paperwork tonight, I could earn money from it all... I'd be amazed if I get a fiver! It's obviously filter material for the light hearted pages it's never going to be worth much.

My dining table now has 9 cylinder cleaners on it. Tomorrow I go into the loft... 

I'm a henry man myself, imported one from uk here into italy. I strangely enjoyed that vacuum video and choice of music. Now off to find  your youtube channel..

The world would be a sad and boring place without loons and video cameras.

Please carry on .

Sir Chocolate Teapot.

54 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

IMG_20191108_081341.thumb.jpg.45d55fa099ae61abbaf44527e8297cc9.jpg

IMG_20191108_081346.thumb.jpg.417b558835736ffb1d9be2a95838d5aa.jpg

That's 53 out, time to get ready for work. The loft is so fucking empty and there's still 20 more I can get, not sure I want to unbox all the cylinders that are packed away though so it might not be everything I have... Could pull 5 out the shed too... 

Er.....are there any models you don't have!?

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Er.....are there any models you don't have!?

He doesn't have the orange wet 'n' dry Vax which everyone seemed to have in the 1990's. Well I say everyone, my mom had two of them. Cleaned the carpet apparently, but it still stayed brown.

Well I was expecting someone to go bidding this into the stratosphere because the front panel would make a nice wall ornament in a trendy office...However this happened.

Screenshot_20191108_113747.thumb.jpg.d778fe43a8faddb42969a21c1dab4ece.jpg

Not going to complain about that!  Even counting van hire I still consider that a bargain.  Have wanted a 1215 for bloody years, never thought I'd manage to find one though.

2 more grins,  got the 2nd small patch finally lobbed in the disco. Fast and dirty as the floors pretty crispy.

20191108_155943.thumb.jpg.cde6dbd31095355228bc914941f5bfb6.jpg

Also spoke to some nice people at kielder today and they have offered to take a look at this hateful peice of shit.  I hope it comes back sorted as I love my little impact gun from them.

20191108_160921.thumb.jpg.edba97f99440fb178fd05f993ece69c8.jpg

Been carefully* cementing round the edge of my council lock-up as it's been leaking water from the garage next door for years. Got into the other one at the same time, and concreted along the edge of that. Result, it's worked.

Today I did the other side of the leaking garage and the back edge to try and stop it resembling a paddling pool, then carried on using the left over cement to do the little sort of 'step' outside the lock-up to make it easier to push cars in when required. It looked pretty shit, but I got the 'ramp' quite smooth so stood back to admire my handiwork, before ten minutes later parking the car outside, forgetting about the concrete and getting a lovely Vauxhall Astra tyre mark straight through said concrete.

9 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Been carefully* cementing round the edge of my council lock-up as it's been leaking water from the garage next door for years. Got into the other one at the same time, and concreted along the edge of that. Result, it's worked.

Today I did the other side of the leaking garage and the back edge to try and stop it resembling a paddling pool, then carried on using the left over cement to do the little sort of 'step' outside the lock-up to make it easier to push cars in when required. It looked pretty shit, but I got the 'ramp' quite smooth so stood back to admire my handiwork, before ten minutes later parking the car outside, forgetting about the concrete and getting a lovely Vauxhall Astra tyre mark straight through said concrete.

Typical Vauxhall’s trick of marking its territory, makes a change for the usual oil drop.

On way home tonight, like a good boy I turned engine off waiting at level crossing, only to be thanked by a flat battery when train was passing. The grin? Some decent fella thumped on back window and started pushing - I got out and helped and then got back in and bumped it. Should really have stopped to thank him properly but didn't want to risk stalling it...

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

My grandad built a water feature in their garden in about 1993. To this day there's a handprint in one corner where 6 year old me shoved my hand into it! 

They tell me occasionally* still

Very lucky day today. 

Went to pick up snow tyres for my daily and a friend offered (as I sorely hoped he would) to give me a lift back...

Introducing his latest limited edition Mustang Bullitt with a mere 480bhp and less than a couple of weeks old. 

B4AFC194-9E04-4170-A05D-C4053D4B82CC.thumb.jpeg.6c501c7d6dfe3dafa8b6cfa4696cc56d.jpeg

A95D4371-DB18-4799-BDEB-0466B9D363B4.thumb.jpeg.f0777fcd792e93b20371f4e87c684797.jpeg

Amazing ride with scary out of the box power. Great lines too.

Makes other muscle cars look like toys...A4CB06A4-C1C5-446D-96FD-A669063E5951.thumb.jpeg.799f917530444381a9547c98cc3f96fa.jpeg

And that sound! Happy days. :)

5 hours ago, Roobarb said:

Very lucky day today. 

Went to pick up snow tyres for my daily and a friend offered (as I sorely hoped he would) to give me a lift back...

Introducing his latest limited edition Mustang Bullitt with a mere 480bhp and less than a couple of weeks old. 

B4AFC194-9E04-4170-A05D-C4053D4B82CC.thumb.jpeg.6c501c7d6dfe3dafa8b6cfa4696cc56d.jpeg

A95D4371-DB18-4799-BDEB-0466B9D363B4.thumb.jpeg.f0777fcd792e93b20371f4e87c684797.jpeg

Amazing ride with scary out of the box power. Great lines too.

Makes other muscle cars look like toys...A4CB06A4-C1C5-446D-96FD-A669063E5951.thumb.jpeg.799f917530444381a9547c98cc3f96fa.jpeg

And that sound! Happy days. :)

I like the bright green one.  The other is erm...too much like a jag.....Kind of.