What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

30 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

After an email and phone call today, I think I'm about to be very busy... getting all my vacuums down from the loft as a bloke from a news agency wants to come and interview me...

Excited and fucking dreading it at the same time!

I'd be very cynical about it.  Why would a journalist want to interview a nut job like you (No offence meant) 

Do you have any editorial control? 

What's in it for you? 

3 hours ago, loserone said:

Not gone, just only visible to those brave/stupid enough to ask for access to the politics bit.

Screenshot_20191107-113640.png

Why the utter fuck? How come we can't be trusted to talk about significant policies and decision that affect us driving older cars on a SHITTING CAR FORUM THAT REVOLVES OLDER CAR??

Strewth. I utterly despair at this place at times. ?‍♂️

48 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

After an email and phone call today, I think I'm about to be very busy... getting all my vacuums down from the loft as a bloke from a news agency wants to come and interview me...

be wary that you will be made a fool out of " nut job collects 100s of hoovers" type of article laughing at you

let em jog on i i were you

1 hour ago, steveo3002 said:

be wary that you will be made a fool out of " nut job collects 100s of hoovers" type of article laughing at you

let em jog on i i were you

Yes and no, I'm not the first collector to be interviewed, but I am going to chat with the last and see if he can offer any pointers

Plus they'll heavily reference my youtube channel which is good as as long as people subscribe I don't care if they laugh at me or not!

2 hours ago, New POD said:

I'd be very cynical about it.  Why would a journalist want to interview a nut job like you (No offence meant) 

What's in it for you? 

Missed this, didn't scroll up after the politics forum posts!

Hopefully plugs for my youtube channel which will translate into ££ for me. Also the same reason I did Go for It, why not! I'm hoping he will go for the mechanical angle more, he joined the main vac group on FB the day I did loads of work and bombarded it with posts about various stuff, so he knows how I roll.

Of course I am being highly cynical that he'll be acting like he cares, which is fine, I do that all the time!

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

2 hours ago, New POD said:

What's in it for you? 

'tis often said that there's no such thing as bad publicity....

23 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

'tis often said that there's no such thing as bad publicity....

I collect flipping hoover's, I'll take all the publicity I can get!

Although I've just called the guy back, it's a telephone interview tomorrow, then saturday at 2pm is the photoshoot, I need to get the 1933 Hoover 825 in a prominent place next to the 2019 Dyson V11, and find 60/70 others to fill the front room...

Then spend Sunday getting them away again... and do the other things I wanted to do this weekend. If it increases my youtube payment through it all though it'll be worth it as it's not far off being enough every month to buy an car nowadays...

6 hours ago, loserone said:

Not gone, just only visible to those brave/stupid enough to ask for access to the politics bit.

Screenshot_20191107-113640.png

I suppose I’d best go and read that thread if it’s been moved... sounds like fun!

I’ll try and sort access to the “Brexit, Boris, Bristol and Bullshit” section for those who have asked on here. PM me is the best and most likely way to get access. 

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I collect flipping hoover's, I'll take all the publicity I can get!

Although I've just called the guy back, it's a telephone interview tomorrow, then saturday at 2pm is the photoshoot, I need to get the 1933 Hoover 825 in a prominent place next to the 2019 Dyson V11, and find 60/70 others to fill the front room...

Then spend Sunday getting them away again... and do the other things I wanted to do this weekend. If it increases my youtube payment through it all though it'll be worth it as it's not far off being enough every month to buy an car nowadays...

Can I be cheeky and ask how many views it takes to get to this point?

Tell me to fek off if you must lol

1 hour ago, barmatt said:

Liked and subscribed.

I'm sure fellow shiters could bump the numbers up a bit more.

Ah I don't like to ask on here, it's not cricket. I got a bit of help to hit 1k a while back when they changed the rules when I was at 960ish, but that's it

Its such a niche subject it's nice to just see it grow. Its why I do videos on old obscure shit that gets maybe 1000 views in 6 months, and the dyson repair stuff, like the last minute v10 stripdown video I did that I thought was pretty terrible but it's on nearly 20k views in 2 months! 

But a but of free exposure to strangers, fine by me! I got the paperwork tonight, I could earn money from it all... I'd be amazed if I get a fiver! It's obviously filter material for the light hearted pages it's never going to be worth much.

My dining table now has 9 cylinder cleaners on it. Tomorrow I go into the loft... 

I'm a henry man myself, imported one from uk here into italy. I strangely enjoyed that vacuum video and choice of music. Now off to find  your youtube channel..

The world would be a sad and boring place without loons and video cameras.

Please carry on .

Sir Chocolate Teapot.