What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

21 hours ago, PhilA said:

20191103_154536.thumb.jpg.3e1d01225d333da26a6f940e5c0b4e52.jpg

Unearthed a copy of my parents' wedding film- all blurry 8mm cine, but there's the old dear next to the Sprite, way back in '76 up in the Lake District.

Luckily both are still around. Looking forward to seeing them next month.

Phil

so thats what the crazy pic in folsom was about :D

plotting for feb to visit the old man (and @Conan )

(rental cars NAHHHHHH - thai dont accept debit cards yet)

looking at stuff on kaidee and even conan says thats too shit even for autoshite :D 

(knackered 70s toyotas etc) although did see a fiat 131 they want 2500 for.......

was looking at pug 405s :D

looking at bikes now (:P

just gotta find stuff thats nice thats not the other end of the country (easy here nitemare there)

22 hours ago, PhilA said:

Luckily both are still around. Looking forward to seeing them next month

If we ever actually get our house move sorted and the chain doesn't fall apart again, it would be good to meet up! I'd say the pub, but I don't really drink ... so maybe the garage. 

22 hours ago, Crackers said:

Today, I drove this.

Around Brands Hatch.

As you do.

Biggest grin in the whole grinning thread.

You've just won this whole thread, for ever.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:21 AM, Crackers said:

Magic.

Today was the final round of the 2019 season of the BTRA Truck Racing. They only use the indy circuit, so Brands Hatch booked this lot to come down and do driving tasters on the GP section. £25 quid for 8 minutes driving, money well spent in my book! Probably something I'll never get to do again!

Apparently the truck was originally owned by Burt Reynolds, for transporting his Nascar team "Mach 1 Racing". Got imported to the UK a few years ago and basically lives live as a showtruck now. The importer didn't know its history until it had already got here, they didn't buy it because of the Hollywood connection. Just lucky!

It's a 1986 Kenworth W900B with a 14 litre CAT lump chugging out 500bhp, and a gearbox with more ratios than you can shake a (gear)stick at. Boyhood dream = fulfilled!

IMG_20191103_112206.thumb.jpg.9c2625e001345e2a2dc59caff5195c6f.jpg

A workmates was there and if I hadn't bee  looking at a 3 hour drive Monday morning I would have been too.  

Just asked a mate what he thought of the new rear spoiler, he had just walked passed the back of the car... He went and had a proper look and declared ; 'No wonder I didn't notice,  looks like it's always been there!' So I declare that to be a 'good' thing. Not bad for £88 delivered from Taiwan and correctly painted in the right colour. The genuine AMG version is £300 odd plus anothe ton for painting it.

18 hours ago, MikeR said:

Nearly had a spasm watching this  :-)    ... reckon it would of worked if he was not a tight arse and bought a launcher tube  ...

Why the fuck.....

You know the next time someone says Gumtree 'buyers' are all idiots, well some of the sellers are just plain weird, too. Spend a day or two trying to view a motorbike from a bloke who won't give out his 'phone number or address and thinks I'm someone I'm not. No amount of reasoning is working, he won't send other pictures and keeps saying he wants the potential buyers 'phone numbers and that Gumtree is full of idiots .

34 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

You know the next time someone says Gumtree 'buyers' are all idiots, well some of the sellers are just plain weird, too. Spend a day or two trying to view a motorbike from a bloke who won't give out his 'phone number or address and thinks I'm someone I'm not. No amount of reasoning is working, he won't send other pictures and keeps saying he wants the potential buyers 'phone numbers and that Gumtree is full of idiots .

do not post the link on any online forums /pages in the hope he gets more hassle

Having recently tried to half heartedly sell the BRG Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE on here for the simple reason that the MOT had expired, it had not been used at all since the last MOT (stored at home) due to various reasons. (Too many cars, work, etc) Decided I wanted it back on the road, well, Mrs Beard decided she wanted it back as it is the only car EVER that she actually loved driving and owning. Put a new battery in, checked the fluid levels and it started first time, although the exhaust fumes ponged a bit as the pez was over a year old. Passed the MOT with only advisories about greased brake pipes! Result. Glad I didn't sell it now. Been wafting around in it and kicking myself for leaving it so long in storage. These are really lovely things in the right spec and condition. Assuming it doesn't now FTP or shit itself somehow! Pic is a couple of years old but it looks the same, apart from a change of registration number. 

image.png

38 minutes ago, Bobthebeard said:

Having recently tried to half heartedly sell the BRG Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE on here for the simple reason that the MOT had expired, it had not been used at all since the last MOT (stored at home) due to various reasons. (Too many cars, work, etc) Decided I wanted it back on the road, well, Mrs Beard decided she wanted it back as it is the only car EVER that she actually loved driving and owning. Put a new battery in, checked the fluid levels and it started first time, although the exhaust fumes ponged a bit as the pez was over a year old. Passed the MOT with only advisories about greased brake pipes! Result. Glad I didn't sell it now. Been wafting around in it and kicking myself for leaving it so long in storage. These are really lovely things in the right spec and condition. Assuming it doesn't now FTP or shit itself somehow! Pic is a couple of years old but it looks the same, apart from a change of registration number. 

The 75 in general, and the 2.5 V6 in particular, is a massively underrated car.  It's one of those cars people don't seem to "get" until they've owned one.  I'm on my 5th at the moment and no doubt there will be more.