What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

19 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

Just a note on John Peels autobiography. I wouldn't bother, I bought it years ago. 

He died before he got by about chapter 3 and the rest of it is written by his missus. 

Well written but not what I wanted from an autobiography. 

Not even semi-autobiographical, then.

22 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Just a note on John Peels autobiography. I wouldn't bother, I bought it years ago. 

He died before he got by about chapter 3 and the rest of it is written by his missus. 

Well written but not what I wanted from an autobiography. 

I thought the last couple of chapters was written by her. 

And the sort of autobiography I like to send to my parents for Christmas.  Since the 60s appear to have passed them by. 

Sitting in the back of my mate's 1 Series yesterday when he exclaims "Fucking hell he's going for it!". Turn around in my seat and see a Royal Mail DAF Artic absolutely caning it along behind us, taking roundabouts at car speed and hooning about at 56mph like his last name was McRae! Epic fun!

Robs post on the BBC's 'Have your say' regarding the safety of smart motorways...

''To anyone who thinks these re safe try stopping at the red X and watch your life flash before your eyes as everyone else fails to stop. Yes I have done this, you get hooted, cars and trucks swerve and you don't breathe again until there are at least 10 vehiles behind you. Smart motorways are killers; driver have to decide between looking up or ahead to check no one has stopped, its impossible...''

Good post Rob.

33 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

Robs post on the BBC's 'Have your say' regarding the safety of smart motorways...

''To anyone who thinks these re safe try stopping at the red X and watch your life flash before your eyes as everyone else fails to stop. Yes I have done this, you get hooted, cars and trucks swerve and you don't breathe again until there are at least 10 vehiles behind you. Smart motorways are killers; driver have to decide between looking up or ahead to check no one has stopped, its impossible...''

Good post Rob.

That the general public are too confused by smart motorways is confusing me. How can anyone be confused.  There's no hard shoulder. So if you are in lane 1 you should be ultra vigilant just in case. How is that confusing? 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

That the general public are too confused by smart motorways is confusing me. How can anyone be confused.  There's no hard shoulder. So if you are in lane 1 you should be ultra vigilant just in case. How is that confusing? 

It's hours of nothing happening driving on a motorway so regardless of smart motorway or not people just aren't expecting stationary vehicles in a live lane, at a recent inquest into a death on the M6 the coroner asked the highways agency why technology wasn't used to detect stationary vehicles, their response was we're looking at it, but so far all they have is police, the public and somebody watching CCTV to spot them which must be the most boring job on earth 

Plus there's the moron factor to consider

More classic Scottish local TV ads been found, stolen, cut out the bigger video and uploaded to my own channel...

Another Glens, Hutchison, Robertson and Stepek one:

Dougie Donnelly presents some great deals on the Lada Riva and Samara ranges from Peat Road Motors including a minimum £1000 trade in on all Samara Swingers!

Spent the last three evenings trying to fix the central locking on the ex Dozeydustman Saab, only when fitting the newly arrived key case to the innards did I notice the separate lock and unlock buttons...

What a twat...

As[mention=207]chaseracer[/mention] would say from our IT days PICNIC.. (problem in chair not in computer)

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

faf8b6f0bef50014c59872f6ff7604a1.jpge8158cc95057ccaad141c9246a254c4b.jpg

Big day starting in about 8 hours, off to deliver the new Hubnut transport to him in Auckland. I Don't have any innerned access while not home so cannot track my travels. I have been hiding it on my driveway for a week but promised him it would not be revealed until he has the keys in his hand. Ian has his video at the ready to record it all !

2 minutes ago, STUNO said:

Big day starting in about 8 hours, off to deliver the new Hubnut transport to him in Auckland. I Don't have any innerned access while not home so cannot track my travels. I have been hiding it on my driveway for a week but promised him it would not be revealed until he has the keys in his hand. Ian has his video at the ready to record it all !

Major excitement here! I even dusted off a Haynes manual from my collection.