What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

A yeah and a grump...

Smoll FL has passed his driving test...

Grump - how fookin much!! - Tonight will be spent looking at insurance websites methinks, Amy recommendations..fa7a4a683e48b9bd21ccd230a0b36635.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Like for him passing his test :) (my driving instructor should be here in 15 minutes or so! )

but a Boo to expensive insurance, at least he has something sensible for a first car!

insurance for my Car is probably going to be either £Allthemoneys or £3 knowing how insurance companies "work" assuming I can find someone who will actually touch it!

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

A yeah and a grump...

Grump - how fookin much!! - Tonight will be spent looking at insurance websites methinks, Amy recommendations..fa7a4a683e48b9bd21ccd230a0b36635.jpg

When I first read that, I thought the new monthly price was the yearly and wasn't so bad. 

My first policy in 2003 was £1300 a year on a 2yr old Civic when I was just 18. Current inflation since makes that a whisker over £2k. That was the cheapest after shopping around and most were way more. So tbf prices haven't gone up too much over the years. 

Wowzer, I remember paying £3k to insure my first car a 1991 R8 214SLi, this was in 1999.

Makes me happy that now we pay £500 a year combined for both mine and my wifes car on a multi-car policy - one of the few joys of getting old.

Not looking forward to when the twins hit 17 as I imagine that will be crippling shelling out for two at the same time, still they're only 5 just now so cars will probably be impossible to crash by then and insurance will no longer be required*

Mine was £850 in about 1992. I ticked on an f reg metro base for 3k. I stuffed it 6 months later and had 2.5 years left to pay. I replaced the front valance, bumper rad etc and swapped it for a w reg orange supersport which I hammered and then scrapped. #Hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, barefoot said:

A silly quid says that all the money in the world won't insure a blue three wheeler as your first & only vehicle.

reminds me of when some modern bloke on the train said to me "if you come from money?, just self insure it!"

oh how I laughed (inside my head)

10 hours ago, Floatylight said:

A yeah and a grump...

Grump - how fookin much!! - Tonight will be spent looking at insurance websites methinks, Amy recommendations..

What's the chariot? I found anything bigger than a 1.0 was hilarious money to insure as a new driver.

I think I ended up paying £1400 a year for my 08 Yaris but I'd had a license for a couple of years and was 19 at that point.

What's the chariot? I found anything bigger than a 1.0 was hilarious money to insure as a new driver.
I think I ended up paying £1400 a year for my 08 Yaris but I'd had a license for a couple of years and was 19 at that point.
C3, 1.4 8v, 73hp, best quote £1400 with telematics from Tesco , 6k miles no curfew.. But their systems have been down this evening and we've not been able to sort it, now prices look to have gone up, will call tomorrow..

9 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

C3, 1.4 8v, 73hp, best quote £1400 with telematics from Tesco , 6k miles no curfew.. But their systems have been down this evening and we've not been able to sort it, now prices look to have gone up, will call tomorrow..

Clear the cookies on the laptop - the site will be boring up the price as they know you have already quoted ;)