What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm in Tilburg and it's 22 degrees and sunny. Having a BBQ this afternoon

with Venison and Wild Boar. Yum yum. My apple ogees if it's pissing down

where you are. Luckily there isn't a dislike button.

My old heap drove faultlessly and a rough calculation it did 62 mpg on the 

veg. Will check when I fill up. Brought a jerry with 20 litres in that will at least

get me well into Englandshire before I have to buy diesel. I haz grin.

This guy wakes up in hospital with his whole body covered in bandages apart from his bollocks

A doctor comes in to inform him he's been in a terrible accident , the bad news is his penis has been cut completely off 

He starts to panic so the doctor reassures him , it's not all bad news , we can rebuild it , you've been awarded £9000 in compensation , the cost of reconstruction is £1000 an inch 

We would have done it while you were out but we didn't know how big you'd want it , if we gave you 5" and you had 9" you might feel hard done by but if you only had 5" then 9" might have been a bit if a shock for your wife , best have a chat with her and let us know.

A few days later the doctor returns, have you talked it over with your wife

yes, we're getting a new kitchen

2 years ago, just after we started dating, Girlfriend_70s went on holiday to Poland with a friend. I jokingly asked her to buy me a Syrena 105.

She just got home from a 3rd holiday to Poland (with her mother this time) and presented me with this:

IMG_20191013_170312386.thumb.jpg.9b2967cf84519439d1acc24ee870c44a.jpg

"They had a shiny red one as well but I thought you'd prefer the mustardy beige one"

What a girl...

22 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

At least he had a go, I think my first efforts looked like that! Not much better now come to think of it.

The N/S front wing on the BX has runs like that, only they go uphill 'cos whichever of the previous owners rattle canned it (after a few drinks by the looks) did so with it perched on a wheelie bin or some such prior to fitting. To date, no-one has coughed to having done the deed, even though it definitely happened during the car's tenure on the forum ?

Saw this in Lacock yesterday
6840eb3aa7d65386d9b880f65d3e935a.jpg

Best bit is that it's obviously someone's work vehicle
675ae21e7ec2248c5fcf4f2ed236da0a.jpg

As a big contrast, in Bristol this morning I saw this ingenious repair.
745595f054eebeedc03bdd5413ef1b90.jpg

Also sads that these caravans are someone main home. Homelessness is rife in Bristol and just hidden below the surface. Not only those living on the streets but those sofa surfing and living in old caravans/vans.

I've always trawled through the music selections in charity shops.  These days it's much harder to find interesting stuff, especially in the vinyl section which is usually devoid of anything interesting, let alone good.  Now, CDs are in that place vinyl was when I started music hunting this way and every now and then you find something interesting.  Today was one of those days.  Some sort of promotional compilation album with some pretty good tracks on it, all for £1.50.   The tracks on the CD are all dated 1995 which is I assume when it was put together originally, even though this copy looks pretty clean.  www.Gravenews.demon.co.uk is gone, probably because Demon no longer exists, and I can only find the one entry online for for the record company Grave News Ltd, so I'm not sure if they're still trading.  The website www.kirkbrandon.com is still active, and up to date.  An interesting find, at any rate, and one I've been enjoying today.

IMAG3343.thumb.jpg.c76e5b0bec363d2121348cf5cfd652bc.jpg

IMAG3344.thumb.jpg.712ff8ddf19390848a32ecf987abd1ca.jpg

34 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

...www.Gravenews.demon.co.uk is gone

The Wayback Machine is your friend:

https://web.archive.org/web/20000604082214/http://www.gravenews.demon.co.uk/

The only band I've heard of on that CD is Spear of Destiny, I remember them doing 'Do you believe in the Westworld' on TOTP back in the day*. They have loads of other stuff out that you could look up. Don't know Gravenews, but Almafame were a very dodgy label indeed who put out unauthorised CDs by all sorts of people - Babes in Toyland and Throbbing Gristle to name two off the top of my head.

*EDIT: That was Theatre of Hate the band Brandon was in before Spear of Destiny. My memory is not what it was.