What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The horrible bastard who my daughter had the 'trouble' with got sent down for a year yesterday.  It should have been more, but the fact he's been sent down is good enough, even if he only does do 6 months or something. I'm not a violent person, nor usually condone it, but it'll be a dreadful shame* if he gets the shoeing of a lifetime, several times over. You can't hide, even in prison.

Well this is a bit brilliant. After filling up with 15.71 litres of the finest Applegreen petrol, the MPG readings were calculated as... 70MPG? You must be joking....

But wait! there's more. Brother Fumbler is quids in too, with his car making a magnificent 16 (!) MPG last fill.

6 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Well this is a bit brilliant. After filling up with 15.71 litres of the finest Applegreen petrol, the MPG readings were calculated as... 70MPG? You must be joking....

But wait! there's more. Brother Fumbler is quids in too, with his car making a magnificent 16 (!) MPG last fill.

I filled up a couple of days ago and  it came up as 43mpg - around 10mpg more that I usually get.

Downside is that it has been my son driving mainly, I only did an 80 mile round trip to Teesside

Almost 600 miles on less than a tank. Enough left for around 60 miles when the light comes on.

17 hours ago, Wack said:

I was walking the dog past asda a couple of weeks ago , a car backed up to a large bank of outdoor lockers with a screen in the middle of them, a guy about 25 got out, punched a code in and one of the lockers opened , I watched him pull some plastic bags full of food out, put them in his boot and drive off

so they now have a about 30 refrigerated lockers OUTSIDE a shop that's open 24 hours a day apart from sunday evening , fucking lazy cunts , it's shit like this they ought to be protesting against, 24/7 refrigeration just because some lazy twat doesn't want to do his shopping

Assuming the locker doors are insulated that's a lot less of an enviro-fuck than the yards of refrigerated shelves with no doors or curtains that are inside every supermarket; there was an article in the paper recently about french supermarkets installing doors/curtains, it is a willful waste of energy solely because it helps them flog stuff to the gullible who apparently cannot operate doors. Anything which enables me to spend less time in a supermarket is worth paying a small premium for(except Didldidi as they have the aisle of mystery to draw me in).

There's a dude 4 doors up with a black 2013 corsa. Someone keyed it a while back. I've just got in from shopping and outside with halfords finest rattle canning the whole offside. What an abortion. It's completely flat and patchy although he does have a can of laquer as well. I'll take some pictures tomorrow when I get up sharp.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Two MOT passes back to back this morning.  Touran’s done nearly 20,000 miles since the last one - advisory for rear pads which are ‘in stock’.  Then my brother’s new-to-him Subaru - thankfully pronounced solid underneath and advised on front discs and a couple of bushes.  A slight blow from the Y pipe in front of the rear silencers nearly put the lambda over on the emissions test so need to see what can be done there.

4 hours ago, Nyphur said:

Been watching a few of the videos on the channel "AutomatricsMTrack" on YouTube this evening. A tracker company advertising their recovery operations for pinched vehicles.
The one below was particularly satisfying where they track a nicked Evoque to an industrial estate, turn up with the spare keys and stroll past the YOOTs who nicked it, jump in and fuck off with it.

Another entertaining one is where they track a nicked hire car to a supermarché in Calais, get on the Eurotunnel and find the thief sat in the drivers seat. He couldn't scarper with it as the hire company had some of their French colleagues go and let the tyres down.

The number of times they find a pinched car/bike/bit of plant and the police also identify other nicked vehicles at the site is mad.

Worth a watch I think.

The episode where they set off from that there London to track down a stolen digger waaaaay up north,only to follow the transmitted  signal to a police recovery yard....

2 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

At least he had a go, I think my first efforts looked like that! Not much better now come to think of it.

About 30 years ago boy I knew resprayed his shitty brown Cavalier a slightly different shade of shitty brown. It looked like he did it with  crayon. He's working as a sprayer at the new Aston Martin factory in St. Athan now.  Avoid buying a brown one and you'll be alright