What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Am I missing something or have they just used a pic of your car?

They're using a photo they took, it's a local company, it's a small town so the car is known anyway. It's been used because I've written "abusive" comments on their Facebook page. Actually just questions about their business model. He's had a go at my mate a few times in person. I knew it was coming.

Edit to clarify: they're a local "green" alternative to deliveroo, they currently offer two restaurants, one of which is a burger restaurant that serves almost exclusively beef and has a Nissan Navara they use for their own deliveries. They've been posting photos of deliveroo car drivers in adverts for a little while now, calling them poluteroo, they seem to have decided because I have a sign for Dominos on my roof it's fair game to use a photo of my car.

The real grin is they've been stuck at 24 page likes for as long as I've been aware of them, so their marketing techniques obviously pay off.

Their business is fundamentally flawed unfortunately, they charge less for delivery and pay the riders more, we worked out the maths and there's no way they can be profitable.

Edited by reb

21 minutes ago, reb said:

They're using a photo they took, it's a local company, it's a small town so the car is known anyway. It's been used because I've written "abusive" comments on their Facebook page. Actually just questions about their business model. He's had a go at my mate a few times in person. I knew it was coming.

Edit to clarify: they're a local "green" alternative to deliveroo, they currently offer two restaurants, one of which is a burger restaurant that serves almost exclusively beef and has a Nissan Navara they use for their own deliveries. They've been posting photos of deliveroo car drivers in adverts for a little while now, calling them poluteroo, they seem to have decided because I have a sign for Dominos on my roof it's fair game to use a photo of my car.

The real grin is they've been stuck at 24 page likes for as long as I've been aware of them, so their marketing techniques obviously pay off.

Their business is fundamentally flawed unfortunately, they charge less for delivery and pay the riders more, we worked out the maths and there's no way they can be profitable.

Don’t sweat it, the world is full of arseholes.

Does the name Shaun Greenhalgh mean anything

He was the forger who fooled the art world until he got caught

Just watching Made In Bolton on iplayer BBC4

The man is immensely talented in a health robinson kind of a way and it's quite fascinating watching him make copies of various works of art

3 hours ago, reb said:

Edit to clarify: they're a local "green" alternative to deliveroo, they currently offer two restaurants, one of which is a burger restaurant that serves almost exclusively beef and has a Nissan Navara they use for their own deliveries.

They're cunts. Where would an extremely satisfied customer post reviews of this delivery service?

11 minutes ago, robinmasters said:

They're cunts. Where would an extremely satisfied customer post reviews of this delivery service?

Definitely not here https://www.facebook.com/yumecoeats/

In their defense after blocking me they unblocked me and someone with a different manner of typing sent a message that they'd removed all of the adverts and they'd be "reconsidering" their advertising ethics in future. I think they'll fail on their own fairly quickly.

10 hours ago, reb said:

Definitely not here https://www.facebook.com/yumecoeats/

In their defense after blocking me they unblocked me and someone with a different manner of typing sent a message that they'd removed all of the adverts and they'd be "reconsidering" their advertising ethics in future. I think they'll fail on their own fairly quickly.

Does anyone but the tree huggers care how their food is delivered as long as it's hot.

The under 40s are probably responsible for most of it with their me me me I want it now lifestyles 

Planning a collection caper which is promising to be full of win.

Cheap car - check

Megabus for almost 5 hours - check

Pay for Megabus with Clubcard points, needed to pay an extra £1.16 so paid with PayPal balance which occurred due to Delay repay on trains - check

So win win win!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Wack said:

Does anyone but the tree huggers care how their food is delivered as long as it's hot.

The under 40s are probably responsible for most of it with their me me me I want it now lifestyles 

As I pointed out to said "tree hugger" my carbon footprint for the last 5 years is definitely less than his for the last 6 months and outside of milk bottles my household produces basically no plastic waste and I don't even heat the house. So he can FRO.

I dislike the attitude held by much of my own generation to the world. It's so far off my own lifestyle it's unbelievable.

1 hour ago, tooSavvy said:

^^^ ... all Prius, shirley.....

They have one Zoe and a small fleet of ex-deliveroo cyclists. It's always the guy listed as the company director driving the Zoe so I think he got it for his birthday and he decided to start a delivery company.

It's halt that time of year when some people* start posting on Facebook that is actually Christmas because they've seen the Coke advert with the lorry. Cunts. This makes me angry.

However, there is a new Coke advert with two old ladies using a dating/shagging app. One of their potential suitors is this chap, Woolarding on an Opel Monza (or a Senator?). 

Screenshot_20191011-185953_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c360ae79fed5e62ba7ab178e76710562.jpg

*fucking twats

My favourite step-niece-in-law (sister's stepdaughter!) has just returned from six months' overland trekking.  Her bloke went out to Sydney to meet her and they flew back together after a holiday in Oz.  Today, on a windswept Hampstead Heath, he popped the question and luckily she replied in the affirmative.

This makes me very happy.

42 minutes ago, robinmasters said:

It's halt that time of year when some people* start posting on Facebook that is actually Christmas because they've seen the Coke advert with the lorry. Cunts. This makes me angry.

However, there is a new Coke advert with two old ladies using a dating/shagging app. One of their potential suitors is this chap, Woolarding on an Opel Monza (or a Senator?). 

Screenshot_20191011-185953_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c360ae79fed5e62ba7ab178e76710562.jpg

*fucking twats

Isn't that Eddy-Mr Ramrod

12 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

My favourite step-niece-in-law (sister's stepdaughter!) has just returned from six months' overland trekking.  Her bloke went out to Sydney to meet her and they flew back together after a holiday in Oz.  Today, on a windswept Hampstead Heath, he popped the question and luckily she replied in the affirmative.

This makes me very happy.

My now brother in law ( 12 or so years now) lugged a bottle of champagne and diamond ring up and down several mountains in the Lake District waiting for the right time. 

Chester has taken a deep and irrational dislike to the new and clean duvet cover. He has done everything on it today short of wiped his arse! Currently under it snoring with a Jumbone between his paws. Phoebe meanwhile is laying NEXT to her specially bought giant pillow. I bought it for her to keep her old and aching bones more comfortable and she refuses to sleep on it, but loves sleeping next to it, tip of her nose and one paw are comfortable at the moment :) 

4 hours ago, reb said:

As I pointed out to said "tree hugger" my carbon footprint for the last 5 years is definitely less than his for the last 6 months and outside of milk bottles my household produces basically no plastic waste and I don't even heat the house. So he can FRO.

I dislike the attitude held by much of my own generation to the world. It's so far off my own lifestyle it's unbelievable.

I was walking the dog past asda a couple of weeks ago , a car backed up to a large bank of outdoor lockers with a screen in the middle of them, a guy about 25 got out, punched a code in and one of the lockers opened , I watched him pull some plastic bags full of food out, put them in his boot and drive off

so they now have a about 30 refrigerated lockers OUTSIDE a shop that's open 24 hours a day apart from sunday evening , fucking lazy cunts , it's shit like this they ought to be protesting against, 24/7 refrigeration just because some lazy twat doesn't want to do his shopping

3 hours ago, richardmorris said:

My now brother in law ( 12 or so years now) lugged a bottle of champagne and diamond ring up and down several mountains in the Lake District waiting for the right time. 

Blows my flask of tea up a minor Welsh hill right out of the water!!!