What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Nice pic of the beach, sea, and overcast sky. Very moody. You could get lost just staring at this pic, you can almost hear the sea rolling in, then the sound of the rocks and pebbles as the sea pulls back out again.

Nature is beautiful, just look at it. Immerse yourself in it.

Laua8HX.jpg

Look again. 

It's the bottom of a car door.

1 hour ago, DSdriver said:

Hmm there no longer seems to be any worry about people setting fire to their clothes and getting first degree burns because they stood too close to the fire  to look in the mirror.

Maybe because I'm from an age when there were open fires and highly flammable dresses and nighties :)

I’m sure no one here will have a problem with you wearing dresses and nighties :-)

10 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

There is a separate thread for that. 

Only yesterday was there a comment on radio4  about comedians running the country, and I said to my colleague that the only comedian I’d want was Eddie izzard. He then suggested al Murray, and we both decided that Harry Hill should be health secretarY.

6 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Only yesterday was there a comment on radio4  about comedians running the country, and I said to my colleague that the only comedian I’d want was Eddie izzard. He then suggested al Murray, and we both decided that Harry Hill should be health secretarY.

You will be aware that Ukraine elected an actual comedian as President,  while Italy arguably kicked the whole trend off by propelling Beppe Grillo (another comedian) and his 5-star Movement into political prominence.

Satire has never had it so good. 

IMG-20190921-WA0001.jpg

17 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Telly right now. Sky channel 161 Discovery Turbo.

its live coverage of a car auction!! Barrett Jackson in Vegas , lots of $100k muscle cars, not quite Cannock.

Some of them probably have similar quantities of wob hidden deep down! 

On 10/5/2019 at 11:08 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Telly right now. Sky channel 161 Discovery Turbo.

its live coverage of a car auction!! Barrett Jackson in Vegas , lots of $100k muscle cars, not quite Cannock.

8 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Some of them probably have similar quantities of wob hidden deep down! 

He didn't say they sell for good money, he said they're full of Bon Dough. 

Had a great day with Fatha_Sterling. Not seen him in 5 years. He left the UK in 1993 and had only been back a handful of times since. I have lived in Brussels with him before and remained in close contact. Life and constant lack of money got in the way since. 

Anyway, today we popped up to Bridgnorth for a potter about and then onto Telford. We lived in Telford and I spent my first few years there. Dad had a fish and chip shop in Oakengates which we revisted today, the current owner was very welcoming and gave us some free chips and a curry sauce. We revisted all the old haunts around Telford like a great trip down memory lane. We saw some people who knew my Dad back then! Popped over to my Nans (Mum's Mum) and headed back.

55 minutes ago, gm said:

perhaps you could suggest the cheeky fuckers collect their own pizzas ?

They blocked me for pointing out that they're virtue signalling scumbags, as the emissions caused by the delivery of the food is nothing compared to that caused by the production of meat or indeed the manufacturing of their shiny new Renault Zoe. It's obvious I'm being directly targeted, a friend who works for another company and drives a TDI V70 has been hassled in person by them too, perhaps it's time to wind my fuel pump up...