What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just now, Zelandeth said:

Sadly since the upgrade the "request desktop site" no longer seems to have any effect - not in Firefox anyway.  The forum software seems to be "intelligent" enough to know what platform it's being requested by and overrides the option, still serving the mobile version.

That used to be what I did on the old version where the mobile version was utterly unreadable due to the word wrapping issue.

fake user agent time? :) 

the other option I wonder, is a cheap x86 windows tablet and just chuck your prefered flavour of linux on it :) 

Just as I'm opening up a friend asks if he can test his brakes on my brake roller as the car has been stood for some time. As we are chatting waiting for the rbt machine to warm up Matt says "oh,look a mouse" as it tries to hide under the ramp. Must have come from nextdoor as there is no evidence of mice in my workshop and I know they are there.While we are discussing the lack of droppings another one came out from behind the front wheel and ran outside. Erm, think they might have been in your car Matt. 

Although  on a K.reg the car has a choke , tongue firmly in cheek Matt says " that's a pity, if it had a cat I wouldn't have bloody mice, would I"

My 'new' 75 is beginning to make me grin. When I first had it, I thought it an utter slug and wondered what everyone was banging on about - V6 warble? Since I have had the ATF changed and the throttle linkage tightened right up, Although I've not felt it change gear since, I have seen it kick down & pull the best part of 7,000 rpm on a couple of occasions. It howls in a most addictive manner.

I’ve been a bit down recently and generally feeling quite shit about myself.

Postman knocks at the door today with a little parcel. I can’t remember ordering anything so I’ve got no idea wtf it could possibly be...

A lovely little present from Eddy Ramrod! A Matchbox Superkings Capri II!

8FF1C4D7-F53A-4A43-B727-4E30AAD7C46C.thumb.jpeg.d39c059366520a8f12da3181e7ca5764.jpeg

Properly cheered me up that has.

Thanks Eddy!

8 hours ago, barefoot said:

My 'new' 75 is beginning to make me grin. When I first had it, I thought it an utter slug and wondered what everyone was banging on about - V6 warble? Since I have had the ATF changed and the throttle linkage tightened right up, Although I've not felt it change gear since, I have seen it kick down & pull the best part of 7,000 rpm on a couple of occasions. It howls in a most addictive manner.

Sounds like a perfect chav baiting material... 

@gnomeot had an s40 t5... That was fun

Found my can of Halford's Vauxhall 'Flame Red' spray in the back of my Transit. Pondered if it was the same as the dreadful new (2010) Astra I've bought, so basically just sprayed it straight over some of the scratches. Didn't even clean the car, let alone prep or prime it, and it covered some of them really well!

On 10/2/2019 at 12:06 PM, Kiltox said:

It’s actually frightening - they seem so completely unaware that I doubt they’re fit to drive.  Not to be all “omg think of the children” but it’s a busy pedestrian thoroughfare (doesn’t look it at 9.30am admittedly) and it could quite easily not have been a cone they hit. 

Or they could be thinking 'it's only a fucking cone'. Some people have a complete disregard for cones and either move them or drive over them, depending on which car they're driving. 

My new job involves servicing and repairs on compressed air systems along with a bit of tool calibration and yesterday i came across my first one of these.

20191004_100837.thumb.jpg.568fec91f1cdfa2218d8b6227ef1cb52.jpg

Known as an Excalibur because of its blingy handle it can measure from 650 to 1500 Nm and is priced at a very modest £500.

Trying to get it to click at 1500 Nm when car wheel bolts are around 120Nm had me pushing down on it with both feet nearly off the ground.

21 hours ago, New POD said:

New mirror. Gumtree. £15. 

Only just fitted in the car. It's massive. 

20191004_205359.jpg

Hmm there no longer seems to be any worry about people setting fire to their clothes and getting first degree burns because they stood too close to the fire  to look in the mirror.

Maybe because I'm from an age when there were open fires and highly flammable dresses and nighties :)

Walking along beside a main road earlier, I heard an unusual sounding exhaust note.  I scrambled up the grass bank and just about managed to pap this:

_20191005_193337.thumb.JPG.45605a6d43c233a59c8adedbac6a682a.JPG

A LWB Austin Pikey still working for a living. 

Then about 20 minutes later it drove past me again, having unloaded its trailer. 

DSC_0664.thumb.JPG.f1fd4adf37522848d48a81ac3f153767.JPG

So much more interesting than a Series Landy. 

Nice pic of the beach, sea, and overcast sky. Very moody. You could get lost just staring at this pic, you can almost hear the sea rolling in, then the sound of the rocks and pebbles as the sea pulls back out again.

Nature is beautiful, just look at it. Immerse yourself in it.

Laua8HX.jpg

Look again. 

It's the bottom of a car door.