What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Took a taxi to Taipei airport this morning. 10 minutes from the airport - wet road, driver possibly nodding off, too fast into a bend, understeer - oversteer and into the concrete barrier we went. But no bones broken or fluids spilled. I got in another taxi and made the flight and am home now so definitely a grin and not a grump. 

Taipei taxi.jpg

^^

saw similar to that in NC on weds

very hilly down hill signs saying crash 11 miles ahead - i start looking for ways round it

starts getting very twisty (3 lane highway) signs start appeaaring trucks keep outta thrid lane - stay in right lane and 35 mph tops

get to the site and theres a truck on its side OVER the arnco on the right ?

fuck

saw another truck with it brakes boiled day after that on single carriageeway road

every time he touched them smoke everywhere - signs regularly telling trucks to pull over and let brakes cool ?

me and the other chap behind looking for places to get past asap - stank

Spring is well and truly sprung, sunshine and clear skies.

36205722_22.9.19004.thumb.JPG.a14d9d813f74f33fb017639b4a9e85aa.JPG

1308390721_22.9.19002.thumb.JPG.a29fe495a578f04baf8b2dcd319afcd7.JPG

The three central volcanoes from near home. Google says 72 miles or 115 km away

EDIT....Well spring lasted 2 days,  now back to normal,  heavy rain, wind and cold for the week. 

5 hours ago, Three Speed said:

Took a taxi to Taipei airport this morning. 10 minutes from the airport - wet road, driver possibly nodding off, too fast into a bend, understeer - oversteer and into the concrete barrier we went. But no bones broken or fluids spilled. I got in another taxi and made the flight and am home now so definitely a grin and not a grump. 

Taipei taxi.jpg

I feel a claim for whip lash might be the drivers reward? 

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Stick it in a water pistol and it'll save you the bother of buying a mig welder too

On 9/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, gm said:

further to my house buying post earlier, I've been submitting info to the bank online :

3 months payslips - tick

passport - tick

driving license - tick

a pair of selfies taken from the front and side profile - wtf ?

seriously, they want you to take selfies and upload them as part of the official mortgage application process - what has the world come to ?

obviously, not being a teenager, this involved quite a bit of fannying about and the results are 'rather poor' but it's another box ticked.

and you have to submit a 'signature' using the mouse - what a load of shite that turned out to be too

still, better than enduring a trip to the branch in person :) 

Should have done a too_savvy selfie special! 

Spent Sunday night in Blackpool, as I do from time to time.

Cabaret in the Lounge.

Young* lady singing that I recognise from Benidorm 10 years ago. She left to live with a bloke from Leeds and we lost touch.

My late wife used to be a friend of hers, we spent a lot of time with her over the years.

Now have a phone number, and a meet up next time I'm there.

Nothing in it, but she's blonde, bubbly, talkative and knows everyone.

Just what I need.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:44 PM, MikeR said:

It's all just a little bit of history repeating - and I wonder if it's actually the same stuff decanted into a different bottle?

34 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

This stuff used to be advertised in the motoring press some 15-20 years back, "recommended" by Quintone Willyson.

This was my favourite, involving Russel Crowe and plenty of people who should have known better in the Australian government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firepower_International

2 hours ago, cort1977 said:

This was my favourite, involving Russel Crowe and plenty of people who should have known better in the Australian government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firepower_International

That pill in the fuel tank thing is still advertised in at least one classic car magazine that really should know better....

Money buys you impeccable taste 

I want it red with red and more red, can I have red wheels 

No sir red wheels aren't an option i'm afraid , we could do black , no no i'll have clashing silver please , I want to make sure my 100k is well spent making the worlds most beautiful saloon look as shit as possible 

Screenshot_20190924-072125_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190924-072153_Samsung Internet.jpg

19 hours ago, Wack said:

Just looking through some screenshots I'd saved 

this was posted just after Roger Moore had died

I always liked him, especially in The Saint and The Persuaders, though many people didn't/don't/can't stand him/deride his acting ability. Doubt I'll ever make that good an impression on someone, though I did have a very thankful and gracious letter today from a customer of over 30 years standing, who is moving.

I'm a moderator on the UK Peugeot RCZ owners forum. We are having a lot of spammers recently.

In the user bio section people can fill in a small bit about  them including their occupation. Today we had a guy join from the Bahamas (Well, Russia actually) who was an Astronaut!

His interests were Politics, libraries and wine tasting.

Probably took him longer to type his  bollocks out than it took me to ban him ?

1 minute ago, myglaren said:

Oddly enough there is an Iranian woman lives at the back of mine and has had a Crossfire for ages, it began having starting problems so she has swapped it for an RCZ.  They did have one a few years back when they were new.

They also have a very tatty Ka :)

If it's a petrol and you hear it clattering in a morning, get a post it note write "timing chain" on it and post it through their door.

After quitting the Rac last year i now have a new job that involves working on mobile compressed air systems and also doing a bit of calibration of hand tools.

I was presented with this nearly new Norbar 330nm torque wrench today.

20190924_101946.thumb.jpg.7089e57eb9a911ea06688df7a9d0f0a5.jpg

The guy claimed it was accidentally run over by a small truck...

20190924_102941.thumb.jpg.f04983101dd99d08d20c139d432777f8.jpg

But when i looked at the twisted drive it was fairly obvious some animal had been using it as a breaker bar.

That'll be about a £100 out of their pocket.