What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Sat behind a 407sal today, driver waltzes up and plips fob and tries to pull the boot up >> nothing >> I reckoned he would open the drivers door and 'fire the lock' and have it open....

Instead he 'kind of' felt round the boot lip edge and Ponngg... Up it Pops!

*Yess Yess... I studied the boot carefully before he drove off = the "0" in 407 is a button :)

*ahh 407..... Still neat trick.

Edited by tooSavvy
Fuckwittery :/

1 hour ago, tooSavvy said:

Sat behind a 406 sal today, driver waltzes up and plips fob and tries to pull the boot up >> nothing >> I reckoned he would open the drivers door and 'fire the lock' and have it open....

Instead he 'kind of' felt round the boot lip edge and Ponngg... Up it Pops!

*Yess Yess... I studied the boot carefully before he drove off = the "0" in 406 is a button :)

The wife's 307 is the same, its quite clever really and great at making you look stupid when you can't open it because there is no obvious button.

A kind of a grin.....

Been offered a job after an interview yesterday, similar to what I used do but not much more money. £19k, better than nothing and it'll help me on my continuing journey into helping get my wife here.

I am happy but cautiously happy. The company was only set up in July this year so not very well established. Job is in Birmingham so less miles but journey is a little more busy, not so many long fast dual carriageways plus will have to contend with traffic into Birmingham. Hours are a little longer than before and no free parking. Again, all makes me cautious rather than massively happy.

49 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

A kind of a grin.....

Been offered a job after an interview yesterday, similar to what I used do but not much more money. £19k, better than nothing and it'll help me on my continuing journey into helping get my wife here.

I am happy but cautiously happy. The company was only set up in July this year so not very well established. Job is in Birmingham so less miles but journey is a little more busy, not so many long fast dual carriageways plus will have to contend with traffic into Birmingham. Hours are a little longer than before and no free parking. Again, all makes me cautious rather than massively happy.

This is good news, Earl of Rover800shire. I hope it works out well for you.

Double whammy today:

1) Took D-L-C for a walk and went past the (brilliant) new BMX park they've built. There was a couple of lads in their twenties (easily) skate boarding there and someone's black Labrador slipped the lead and chased one as he was in full flight. It was fucking class, I don't think the dog intended to hurt him it was just great fun to watch.

2) Some weaselly turd who tried to have me off over some money he owed me has just been 'served'.  He thinks he's only paid me a portion of what he owes, but he's about to get a nice* wake up call any time soon. It's been a very long drawn out affair, but sometimes good things come to he who waits. Would love to be there when he realises.

Booked an actual holiday/vacation type thingy for some decent October warmth before we start shivering through winter. (Sorry not for all you lot, just me & the Mrs). Grump is t'was supposed to be a bargain late cheapy deal but has somehow* turned into a 5-star Tenerife hotel - though to be fair, it's a good deal. Grump 2 is airport transfers = £50 each!

The grin? Car hire is £45 for the WEEK. Only a VW Up (other tiny cars with silly names may be available) but who cares. Or....have I made a massive boob?

2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

2) Some weaselly turd who tried to have me off over some money he owed me has just been 'served'.  He thinks he's only paid me a portion of what he owes, but he's about to get a nice* wake up call any time soon. It's been a very long drawn out affair, but sometimes good things come to he who waits. Would love to be there when he realises.

Please god let it be Giles Brandreth...

30 minutes ago, Stanky said:

Please god let it be Giles Brandreth...

Annoying as he is / was my dad met him a few times as he was always available for local school events.

as an aside he had more time for Gerald grosvenor who never turned up but always sent money on request,

Getting an indicated 63 mpg average on a recent late night 150 mile journey from Scotland downwards on a deserted M6 in the 'new' Honda Accord 2.2 diesel estate. It could be lying of course, but the fuel gauge didn't move much. Cruise control set at 60, Abba CD playing and no traffic.......

Mmmmmmm. 

13 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Annoying as he is / was my dad met him a few times as he was always available for local school events.

as an aside he had more time for Gerald grosvenor who never turned up but always sent money on request,

Does that work with Grosvenor number 7? He is a billionaire after all.

Just now, somewhatfoolish said:

Does that work with Grosvenor number 7? He is a billionaire after all.

Probably not. Hijacking the thread, but my dad helped push his lagonda off the road when it conked out just outside the main entrance to the estate. He had a series 1 bx 19rd at the time I think, which was obviously trouble free for 50,000 miles.

50 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I met him once and I wouldn’t have let him near a school, in fact I wouldn’t let the slimy bastard near anything I cared about. A more vile individual would be hard to find from my personal experience.

33 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

I met him once and I wouldn’t have let him near a school, in fact I wouldn’t let the slimy bastard near anything I cared about. A more vile individual would be hard to find from my personal experience.

(Wrong person)