What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 9/6/2019 at 4:34 PM, Jerzy Woking said:

Cressing Road, Braintree. That's a C15 van behind the Fiat. Driven down this road hundreds of times and never noticed the cars and house before.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, Amishtat said:

If you head towards town from there along Cressing Road, take a left down Clockhouse Way, there's a garden full of rotted out Range Rovers and a very overgrown 105e Anglia on the left

I followed these directions using the Google, and before I got to the Range Rover house I passed this:

Screenshot_20190911-190253_Maps.thumb.jpg.b63add29f2790f68eb0d29a6ad61c26d.jpg

Yes. A person who has chosen to live in a thirties house which has been vandalised so that it looks like a very shit castle has somehow amassed enough money to run a Porsche and a Maserati. 

8 hours ago, hairnet said:

pics of scruffy man please (for @Cavcraft obvs) :D

20190913_020924.thumb.jpg.bc62e6ef5c51dedcda369aafde2dd68f.jpg

Pictured: scruffy man, army jacket, rollie.

Not pictured: manky Volvo and farmer spec checked shirt.

Today at work someone asked if I had the sideburns yesterday. Then they asked why. I don't think "because they grew out of my face" was the answer they were looking for.

A large crowd of Dutchmen have turned up on their way to the Land Rover show. One guy had booked his car in for an mot as it's still on uk plates.An old Defender with massive wheels and a Cummins 5.9 litre diesel engine. Didn't seem to rev very hard on the emissions test but it passed.They'd wound the pump in.After the mot they are outside turning the diesel pump back to where is was before the test. HaHa rollin' coal as it drove away.

Test as presented.

4 hours ago, SierraMikeHotel said:

Walking home earlier and I heard someone calling for her cat.

"Schrodie! Schrodinger!"

I couldn't help laughing and telling her what a brilliant name I thought it was, she was thrilled that someone had got the joke.

Nice little cat, too.

I haven't seen you on here for a while, SMH. I hope you're well

4 hours ago, SierraMikeHotel said:

Walking home earlier and I heard someone calling for her cat.

"Schrodie! Schrodinger!"

I couldn't help laughing and telling her what a brilliant name I thought it was, she was thrilled that someone had got the joke.

Nice little cat, too.

But Schrodinger wasn't the cat, he was the scientist.

Just like Frankenstein was the doctor, not the monster.

Calling your cat Schrodinger is like calling your golden retriever Joe Mangel, your poodle Den Watts or your horse Roy Rogers.

1 hour ago, Tayne said:

But Schrodinger wasn't the cat, he was the scientist.

Just like Frankenstein was the doctor, not the monster.

Calling your cat Schrodinger is like calling your golden retriever Joe Mangel, your poodle Den Watts or your horse Roy Rogers.

huh thats a good point, I knew about frankenstein's monster thing

but never realised it was the same with the cat, what was/is (dead and alive :mrgreen:) the cats name then I wonder?

I haven't seen you on here for a while, SMH. I hope you're well
Thanks dude, I'm very well. We live in terrifyingly exciting times so my phone-scrolling time is mostly spent trying to keep up with the news at the moment. Hope to be back on here more often soon.

Working in the West End I get to see a lot of flash motors around the square where I’m based.  But occasionally something appears that literally takes my breath away.

Look at this miniature heap of win!  Whoever owns this I salute you Sir or Madam for having probably the most sensible central London car I have seen yet.  There was a gold wrapped Gallardo nearby but I was all about the Charade

0F35AB66-593D-448A-BF62-617A3EF70D56.jpeg