What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Once bought a fruit machine from a cocky prat I worked for years ago.

He thought he’d had me stitched as he took my £50 and went on to tell me he’d lost the keys.

He’d managed to force the lock on the bottom box and empty the cash but the tosser overlooked the hoppers which still contained £220 in change.

HKS blow off valve turned up at Kyles gaff - apparently it is  'a good one' and the adaptor is worth the purchase price alone. I know two thirds of fuck all about these things (I feel like I should be ashamed to admit that, but I'm not strangely) and all in is a bargain. Also had an e-mail from 'Bigdug' about all the shelving and the workbench, will be delivered tomorrow. This is good but somewhat confused my son as I said (joking when he was being a git!  :) ) that I cancelled the order.

To be honest, I was a bit upset that he would think I'd really cancel a gift even if I was REALLY upset instead of just having some banter with him. Just shows how easy it is to get the wrong end of the stick when e-mailing or texting.

However, I am impressed with this company: they have kept me informed all along and I bought this stuff on Friday night (might have been Thursday....) and delivered tomorrow, I even have the tracking details for TNT not that these details work of course but that isn't their fault :) 

This quote from another thread.....

"This. Plus there’s some bloody odd people at these events. Two things you are guaranteed to see...

A stall holder selling dried up tins of 25 year old paint. 

A rather rotund old fella sat on a stool with his bollocks hanging down one side of his jogging trousers, one of those padded waistcoat things and an absolutely filthy hat festooned with badges. Doing something absolutely pointless with a stationary engine like pumping water from one bucket to another. "

At a local show last Sunday I saw the stereotype. He was doing both. His wife was sat in a deck chair alongside him eating fish and chips and looking proudly on. He still had all the tins of paint left at 6pm and one full bucket. His wife had seemingly gone home.  

I have a couple of sets of really good sturdy shelves saved from the skip at work because they get binned whenever there's a bit of rust on them in the name of food safety. I had the bigger of the two loaded up with alloys on every shelf and it still felt rock solid! I remember looking them up when I got the first set and they're £lots new.

Not quite as sturdy as the ones that the arches of gold use though, I'm reliably informed that they'll withstand having a 6'5" monkey climbing up to the top shelf because there's too much shit in the way to get the ladder up. Apparently...

4 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Toyota and Isuzu must be laughing their cocks off having seen that new "defender"

Thank god they still do basic , practical steel wheeled working 4x4's

Absolutely.  The press seem to be making a fuss about it but it doesn't look anything special, it's specced just below a discovery and it seems to be priced extremely high. 

Kyles shelving and workbench were delivered at 7:00a.m this morning!  He was barely out of bed and undecided as to be delighted his stuff had arrived or grumpy because it was so early!  :)  As he's an utter twat, he woke me up at God forsaken oclcock to tell me/share the misery!

Had my speed awareness course this morning.  First 2 hours was fine, second 2 hours dragged a bit. Glad I don't go to school.

They told us we could decide to go along the road we are on now, or change our ways and become better drivers.

I've been pulled 3 times in 57 years. I'll stick with the road I'm on thanks.

2 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Absolutely.  The press seem to be making a fuss about it but it doesn't look anything special, it's specced just below a discovery and it seems to be priced extremely high. 

I'm pretty disappointed... yes, the Japanese people won the battle for utilitarian 4*4s 30 years ago. No real point continuing trying to compete there. But we do have other successful 'heritage' 4*4s on the market like the Suzuki Jimmy (there's a new one out), Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser which are all a lot cheaper than the new Defender, are all capable off roaders but have a rough n tumble 'activity car' spec. Not leather and chrome like we've seen today. LR has half a dozen models now and all seem to have exactly the same target market. But why blame them? Suburban parents still love buying them. The only old Defenders I've ever been in were those of my Scout master and of a friend who liked to eat animals that he'd shot.

3 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

I'm pretty disappointed... yes, the Japanese people won the battle for utilitarian 4*4s 30 years ago. No real point continuing trying to compete there. But we do have other successful 'heritage' 4*4s on the market like the Suzuki Jimmy (there's a new one out), Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser which are all a lot cheaper than the new Defender, are all capable off roaders but have a rough n tumble 'activity car' spec. Not leather and chrome like we've seen today. LR has half a dozen models now and all seem to have exactly the same target market. But why blame them? Suburban parents still love buying them. The only old Defenders I've ever been in were those of my Scout master and of a friend who liked to eat animals that he'd shot.

Yes but they aren’t good ol’ Blighty built cars that helped win the war are they?* I am sure Chelsea will be full of them, some of those kerbs are quite high...........

*note Defenders may not have existed in the war and aren’t made in the UK anymore

Good news in the Floatylight Household! Mrs FL was offered a job yesterday and FL junior has been offered an apprenticeship as an accountant this morning, working for a motorhome company who let the staff take the vans out on holiday (result!!) his younger brother is currently having an interview to be apprentice grounds keeper at a well known football ground.. Here 's hoping it's a hat trick!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk