What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

39 minutes ago, timolloyd said:

Seems to me whoever wrote that software needs a bollocking. What kind of badly-written code equates the string "NULL" to an actual null value?

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Put a pair of varifocal safety specs through your business though. 

I tried bifocals years ago.  They were shit.

Recently talked into buying varifocals "They are so much better these days"

They too are shit.  I'm using my old, scratched specs still, instead of the new ones. ?

Scored some new michelins on ebay for £90. No one else bid for some reason. Delivered 2 days later, well under half price. £12 postage and my local tyre place charges a tenner to swap them. Just over £60 each supplied and fitted.
My old ones are still 1.5mm above the wear limit but I like to swap them early.2b1a6bc1a7c89db46e1722f68c75279f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I posted in the grumpy thread yesterday about my car needing new discs and pads but do you know what? My local garage are brilliant. I rarely use the car but I do need it on Friday and they were able to fit me in despite being busy.

They're honest, too: I dropped the car off just now and there was a woman paying her bill ahead of me.

"We've done the MoT and service, nice little car with no problems at all. We didn't change the cabin filter because you've only done a few thousand miles with it so the price is a bit less than we agreed."

Go on - tell me the last time a job cost less than you were expecting! I'm not expecting any plumbing jobs to appear here ;)

Flomar in Lewes (East Sussex) for anyone local.

15 hours ago, paulplom said:

I went for my 1st ever eye test yesterday at 47. I've been using pound shop plus 1.5 glasses to read, computer etc. £30 later and he said your long sight is perfect and you need 1.5 glasses to read.

The grin is that there are no health issues and the structure and everything else is bob on. It's a big relief for me to know. I've never been to the doctors for around 12 years.

Win.

Since I turned 45 my short sightedness has been getting better. Luckily I haven’t thrown out any of the glasses I’ve had since I was nine years old, so I can just work my way back through them until I’m 80.

My wife persuaded me to go to the doctor a while back when I had paralysing bronchitis but he basically told me to fuck off, so I won’t bother doing that again. And I haven’t been to a dentist since Thatcher was in power.

I was at school and forced to see a dentist the last time I saw one. The last time I was at the doctors I waited over an hour after my appointment was due (how can you over run an hour at 8.30am?). I went to see about my crippling migrainnes. He looked for a solution on the computer and said I can give you tablets to cure it but it'll make you impotent or you can continue taking anadin extra. Total and utter waste of fucking time.

27 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Father Fumbler was driving down from Essex when he was overtaken by a RHD 6-wheeler CX estate. That made his afternoon.

That must be this one, owned by Phil Collins (no, not the guy from Genesis)

37118971376_68f2aa1761_b.jpg

1989 Citroen CX 25TGI Loadrunner by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

No idea where to put this but lots come on here so why not. Bought some Owatrol stuff for the bumpers of the 205 after recommendation on here, it didn’t really work on the grey of the 205 if I am honest but worked well on blacks such as the door handles. They do a range of stuff but can’t see me buying anymore anytime soon, they have emailed me a code for a fiver off anything apart from test pots, if anyone wants to use the code feel free - SPBD5BF7B6B5

Partner on a works do at the quayside. She left a massive pan of home made minestrone. Kids it their respective rooms. I have king goblin, rick and morty. Not really sure how this can be improved upon. Pooch to walk but that's a bonus.0b629f6ea1fe5076dedc4fd4a12268d1.jpgbfa6ae7baef9250ebccb7feb6c248ac5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Driving the GSA near home today, I was on my favourite local backroad and giein it fuuu shoe (Laldy/GLF).

As I swung into a left haner, a MK2 astra GTE was coming the other way flat out - we flashed lights and waved.

1/2 a mile later at the roundabout, I stopped to let a gent sail serenely past in his MK2 Carlton - looking resplendent in that light blue metallic they did them in