What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Top shiting from a girl I work with! She's always been a "I want to live in a van and travel the country" type, but I always took it as the usual noncommittal bollocks people come up with at 19.

"I've bought a van!" Oh dear.

FB_IMG_1566397746127.thumb.jpg.4ea43dc8fc6cbd681642cf0c53f674a7.jpg

That's levels of grim that I can only dream of achieving! But it gets better!

FB_IMG_1566397750231.thumb.jpg.9f41504a414913e0ebf548e7f10ff414.jpg

Those seats!

It actually looks surprisingly tidy for a sub grand camper! She's planning on hand painting it in proper new age traveller style. Unfortunately I think the seats are getting the chop, which is probably for the best. The idea of her driving it amuses and terrifies me though, given she dailies a 9n Polo...

Top shiting from a girl I work with! She's always been a "I want to live in a van and travel the country" type, but I always took it as the usual noncommittal bollocks people come up with at 19.
"I've bought a van!" Oh dear.
FB_IMG_1566397746127.thumb.jpg.4ea43dc8fc6cbd681642cf0c53f674a7.jpg
That's levels of grim that I can only dream of achieving! But it gets better!
FB_IMG_1566397750231.thumb.jpg.9f41504a414913e0ebf548e7f10ff414.jpg
Those seats!
It actually looks surprisingly tidy for a sub grand camper! She's planning on hand painting it in proper new age traveller style. Unfortunately I think the seats are getting the chop, which is probably for the best. The idea of her driving it amuses and terrifies me though, given she dailies a 9n Polo...
Brilliant, FL junior (age 17) is planning on building something like this with his Grandad as soon as he's got an income (Grandad built his own about 15 yrs back based on the Merc 612/711 7.5t van )

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Brilliant, FL junior (age 17) is planning on building something like this with his Grandad as soon as he's got an income (Grandad built his own about 15 yrs back based on the Merc 612/711 7.5t van )

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I've been eying up big Merc/Iveco vans/midibuses on eBay. Both mrsREB and I have grand dreams of travelling the world in a motorhome. Shame we're skint, but we're working on that.

I went to the company social tonight. Usual company policy of an open bar and free snacks certainly help numb the injury pain. Also Mrs SiC wasn't even annoyed that I said I was going last minute. Admittedly I only have two pints, so left at a reasonable time. I should go more often!

Today I was rather amused by a Gentleman in a suit on a conference call.

The amusement stemmed from the fact he was bellowing at his phone which was clipped to the wicker basket on the front of what looked like a Raleigh Shopper with battery assist.

As he trundled past a voice in the basket said "I cant hear you very well......"

I did the Sunny's bumpers and trim with that Autoglym stuff five week ago for FOTU. It did look great at the time but in line with comments above it has already started fading.

Happily the set of new tyres I put on it at the same time are lasting somewhat better, been using it quite a bit over the summer and it's been even more enjoyable to buzz about in. I'm getting around 40mpg out of it too, which seems OK to me.

6 hours ago, skattrd said:

I thought linseed oil or peanut butter was the shiters choice of bumper restorer.

I did try peanut butter when I first got the car but didn't find it to be very effective. Also the dog found the bumpers irresistible for a day or two. That Autoglym stuff gets my vote for chalky grey Volvo trim

Left my phone at work (I hope) which is a pain in the ass, as I' m on the bus in tomorrow due to pub and this would mean no tunes to drown out the proles whilst in transit.

So, where's the grin mister ?

Stumbled across my Sansa Clip+ MP3 player in a pile of coins and it's fully loaded with tunes. Fired right up and charging as we speak.

Tomorrow I shall go old school (although ideally I should resort to one of my many knackered Sony Walkmans, Discmans or Mini Disc players for added WTF for other passengers)

8 hours ago, clayts450 said:

Left my phone at work (I hope) which is a pain in the ass, as I' m on the bus in tomorrow due to pub and this would mean no tunes to drown out the proles whilst in transit.

So, where's the grin mister ?

Stumbled across my Sansa Clip+ MP3 player in a pile of coins and it's fully loaded with tunes. Fired right up and charging as we speak.

Tomorrow I shall go old school (although ideally I should resort to one of my many knackered Sony Walkmans, Discmans or Mini Disc players for added WTF for other passengers)

I have my old creative zen x-fi in the drawer, still as I left it when I was 19! 

So I listen to exactly the same music as I do now still whenever I use it... (usually when I buy a car with no aux in, via a tape to aux adapter