What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

After a shit week, lost our beloved pooch on Monday and it's caused a major head wobble, I've decided that me and the wife need some chill time so have decided we need a week away and spotted a lovely looking all inclusive in Monastir Tunisia, been to Tunisia a few times and loved it then the terrorist shit happened but it seems to be getting back on it's feet tourism wise, booking it tomorrow and will be off on 12/09 for a week of sunbathing and good food and drink !  

Me and the kids are going to centre parcs! 

Stepbrother and his missus are treating the family, and Amy said the kids could go... First week of Jan though so eva needs to do a bunk or we write a letter.... 

Would anyone be up for lending me a comfy barge around the 1st week of Jan? I could travel in style then! (and comfort and space...) 

Just need to save up the £eleventymillion ill need to do stuff in the week... Chalet is free, everything else isn't! 

Decided I would try the Meguiar's Paste Wax thing from Halfrauds. Coated the CX in it, stood back waiting for it to dry off before removing the residue, only for a short but sharp shower to pass over. Nice to see that the wax did work, but all the water beads had to be wiped off before the polish residue could be removed. It's not long after raining again, and the water has beaded nicely on the bodywork.

Might do it again.

Not sure what they put in this wax polish, but it smells like a combination of lemon and coconut.

Which Center Parcs? I used to live just outside the Sherwood one, as in I'd go for a bike ride in the woods and meet their security fence (and all the holes). 

They used to have BBQ facilities at their villas (don't call them chalets, they get well upset!) and if the shops are expensive, just drive out and hit the butcher's. Again, at Sherwood there's a Co-Op about a mile down the road.

4 hours ago, Pillock said:

Went to Retro Rides Gathering today at Shelsey Walsh. Lovely day, great cars but made all the better by @brownnova and @Mrsbrownnova spotting me and having a chinwag.

An expensive chinwag since I'm now looking at motorhomes.... 

Sorry/not sorry

Campervans are awesome*. 

There’s something called Britstops which is a book of free places you can stop over. Which might suit the on a whim type getaways. it’s a membership/subscription thing. Ive never got it, but might well get 2020s edition. 

(*When they’re not trying to kill you on the M5.)

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I once went to the one near Thetford. The cabin we were allocated was shite; flea-ridden (probably the previous occupants had brought their dogs with them) and not properly cleaned / fumigated.

Never again.

We used to go regularly until my sister in law found a soiled pair of knickers under the mattress. Rank.

The family plan formulated by us children is to obtain a cheap pushchair... For alcohol stowage and so I don't have to carry Charlie back if we stay late one night. Then it can just go in the skip on the way out! 

£4.50 a pint doesn't sound horrific though, I pay nearly that in a normal pub round here (hence why I don't frequent them that much!) 

I know dad's not that flush either so a fair bit of eating will be done in the chalet which will help

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

The family plan formulated by us children is to obtain a cheap pushchair... For alcohol stowage and so I don't have to carry Charlie back if we stay late one night. Then it can just go in the skip on the way out! 

£4.50 a pint doesn't sound horrific though, I pay nearly that in a normal pub round here (hence why I don't frequent them that much!) 

I know dad's not that flush either so a fair bit of eating will be done in the chalet which will help

It’s £2.10 in my local...

I can have a clean windscreen again! 

Old jets were fucked, seized into place and even dunking them for 12 hours in neat limescale remover had them working like this

IMG_20190819_131509.thumb.jpg.c2fe7af97f736ab09844ceec08901f59.jpg

£3.95 later... 

IMG_20190819_131524.thumb.jpg.3dcd35f88793290a05226814ad2abbb3.jpg

And 5 minutes of fitting and adjusting at lunch time and

IMG_20190819_132702.thumb.jpg.a7532ef1d55521bb7774b6547c5d70c5.jpg

Woah, perfect! Lobbed a slug of washing up liquid in there whilst it's still warm to clean it out, will drain it over the week and refill it with decent screenwash! I can see again. New wipers probably wouldn't be the worst thing to buy before winter too, the back one is starting to split...