What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 minutes ago, scdan4 said:

Talk of the estate today, a fiat 500 in for pdi paint correction. Brand new on brand new random dvla plates. Lady owner picking it up tomorrow. The random reg is..

VA68 EEF

poor girl is going to have a dawning moment of realisation at some point this month.

Or 69,??? 

5 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I saw that online. Another second or so and the obese moron would have had a heart attack. Perhaps his car didn’t have a reverse gear?

Sounds like someone who doesn't have to work much for a living and who believes in the superiority of Germany....

^ my brother has one. Another of vws model names where on the bootlid- the characters are applied individually below the VW badge; and it just looks like one or several letters have fallen off.

I genuinely thought T-ROC was TAROK with someone clumsily snapping the edges off the “A”when loading stuff. 

10 minutes ago, HMC said:

.... the characters are applied individually below the VW badge; and it just looks like one or several letters have fallen off.

I genuinely thought T-ROC was TAROK with someone clumsily snapping the edges off the “A”when loading stuff. 

They'll probably fall off over time. I've seen the T-ROC SUV and thought it was a tie-up with some brand of vodka.

11 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Sounds like someone who doesn't have to work much for a living and who believes in the superiority of Germany....

That's why I drive a 40k motor 

Not any more mate , it's a year old VW , 22k tops now

3 years from now when you've finished paying for it you'll be lucky to have 8k left 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, New POD said:

The first proper curry I tasted in 1986 was in Selly Oak. Evenings in the OVT. Oh such memories (I went to Coventry Polytechnic and wife was a student nurse at the QE, so got to walk through the university grounds when pissed) 

Son was born nearby in the QE hospital, and lives in Harbourne.  Lovely city.  

Ma and Sis_Sterling still live in Selly Oak. Ma used to work at the new QE. I really enjoy visiting Birmingham now probably because I don't live there anymore. Hated living there. I only live in Worcestershire which is as near to Birmingham as I am happy to be.

Harborn is lovely, it has a village community feel to it. 

Been watching the early episodes if Boon which was filmed in Birmingham, specifically around Washwood Heath, Harborne, Selly Oak and someod Worcestershire. A couple of episodes were filmed around the corner from my Mums house and one episode filmed at the Safari Park next to where I live.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, MorrisItalSLX said:

Does the plate slide in the top via the open boot? I understand this to be a Buick thing.

Yes it does.

850042539_slot(Large).thumb.jpg.5db25de93e2501a46f17accd564641f2.jpg2022780316_slot2(Large).thumb.jpg.c3c098764cb4dc4a9545916dd502792c.jpg

A bit of jiggling to clear some wires but dead easy, I was about to remove the rear panel ....  Thanks again for the tip :)

New plates haven't arrived yet... 

Went to the Chesterfield Classic Car Show today. Highlight for me was this Stag. Badly resprayed in what looked like Hammerite, full of wob half arsedly sanded down and the piece de resistance being a 1.8TD unit from a P100 installed. Check out the MOT history it makes a compelling case as to why nails like this should be tested every year. 

19A5F023-7757-47D8-9FEC-B45296D997BB.jpeg

7B98346B-E397-4F8D-AA16-98E0BB74B07A.jpeg