What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

BA3F05FD-3246-403D-8970-F2A0740537E1.jpeg

Over the last three weeks this poor car has been subjected to carrying shedloads of stuff for our house move is so grubby both inside and out that it looks like its neglected, has done many many miles ferrying is round to our wedding, family dos and quietly ticked over 192,000 miles last week. 

So today we went for a run for our pleasure and ended up in the Peak District. I thoroughly enjoyed driving it up snake pass. We even had some AS meet up as we bumped into @Ghosty in the pub! 

9A0AA647-7A61-4AC2-8C61-8432A40C3006.jpeg

It truly is the most capable car I think I’ve ever owned! 

Tomorrow I might even wash it! 

The sporty looking Hyundai is ace, I was all over one on the forecourt of the then dealer in Little Bushey.

The Toledo went for some wheel alignment therapy at Formula 1 Auto Centre and the guys were ace, they loved the Toledo and oooh'd over the simplicity of the mechanicals. 

Steering much more pleasant and will take it back in a few weeks to have a free check and tweak of the tracking if required, no need to book, just bring it in :)

13 minutes ago, hairnet said:

i meant the plates on the car but hey :P

Plate pics will happen.  I've had to order them as they're a daft size. 

There'll be a post in the grump thread when it comes to fitting the rear plate. Looks like the rear light panel has to come off.....

No, he has a hybrid finish on the car, and doesn't want to damage it. Perfectly sensible, if his routine is correct a good foam and rinse will do, but finding the right product is hard so as not to strip the finish. Then there's drying to avoid marks. Hence the big blower. I used to use a 1992 Hoover Portapower in blowing mode, haven't got that anymore but other vacs with blowers exist. Dog grooming dryers are popular too

I miss detailing... Must do the zx soon, I've got enough stuff I think for a full go over

37 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Mrs BMH has been on at me to redecorate a couple of rooms in Busmans Towers, errrm, tempting but I don't need a week or two in intensive care.

Sounds like lose lose to me , either way you're going to intensive care :D

Plate pics will happen.  I've had to order them as they're a daft size. 
There'll be a post in the grump thread when it comes to fitting the rear plate. Looks like the rear light panel has to come off.....

Does the plate slide in the top via the open boot? I understand this to be a Buick thing.

my twins have both got 1st choice University courses

David Maths A, Design Tech A*, Physics B - Going to Brum, Mechanical Engineering

Louis Maths A*, History A*, Georgraphy A* - going to Herts Collage Oxford, Human Geography

More chuffed than a cat with two arses

No idea where they got that level of cleverness from

29 minutes ago, richardthestag said:

my twins have both got 1st choice University courses

David Maths A, Design Tech A*, Physics B - Going to Brum, Mechanical Engineering

Louis Maths A*, History A*, Georgraphy A* - going to Herts Collage Oxford, Human Geography

More chuffed than a cat with two arses

No idea where they got that level of cleverness from

The first proper curry I tasted in 1986 was in Selly Oak. Evenings in the OVT. Oh such memories (I went to Coventry Polytechnic and wife was a student nurse at the QE, so got to walk through the university grounds when pissed) 

Son was born nearby in the QE hospital, and lives in Harbourne.  Lovely city.  

20 minutes ago, Garythesnail said:

Satisfying, isn't it.......

Having said that, I'm the only bugger in our house without a degree and haven't been found out yet,........

To be fair, I've got a Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, but there was nothing specific on how to operate a moulding machine that I'm trying to make work today. I've got 100s of pages of manual and not one word of it is helpful. Degree or Not, I'm fecked off.

11 minutes ago, richardthestag said:

My oldest has just finished y2 and was living in Selly Oak, September he moves back there again for y3. David will do Y1 in Halls 

The site of Selly Oak Aldi is where the curry house was.  

Car came in for MoT today and it has the wrong size tyre on one side. Checked the date and it's 2018 the other side is 2017. Trying to work out if I missed it last year so in the end I check last MoT. It was done at the main dealer. The relief that I hadn't missed something so obvious was great.

When asked about his tyre the customer shrugged and said it's only ever been to the main dealer until now.